Elderly in Prision

Dreamer03

Reaction score

I knwo this is not always the case in nursing houses but at least in my area it might even be worst. It is sad that elderly are treated worst that inmates.

I agree , I could not believe the food that was in the WOM trays for my clients . I had no idea what kind of meat I would be cutting for a client.
Now senior housings is called in low come housing so anyone a fixed income can live there and that you can get all kind of people moving in . I had ladies in their 80's or 90's and they where too afraid to leave their apartments alone. It's a crime how our elderlies that are poor are being treated .

Shut the nursing homes down and let family take care of elderly at home.

Shut the nursing homes down and let family take care of elderly at home.

part of me agree but as my mother was bitch from hell she going in one...bitch put me in care as kid now she get taste of it..if you love your parents want keep them with you then goverments should help carers

Some people do that but that has its own problems.

• not enough available
  • licensing
  • supervision
  • fraud
  • oversight
  • inspection of facilities
  • background of caregivers
  • cost

What is your solution? The nursing homes have same problem too, even some nurses abused or neglected the patients.

What is your solution? The nursing homes have same problem too, even some nurses abused or neglected the patients.

pay pennies get monkies with many carers these days...that a saying used a lot recently

I don't have a solution.

Family members should take care the best they can but it might not be enough. Also, not each elderly person has family, and they can't afford care for themselves.

It's a hard situation.

Seriously, I do not want or expect my boys to take care of me....they are young and have their own lives. I live independently, and when the time comes, will seek assisted living, but not with family members.

One of my sisters lost her sense of smell and begged to go live with her daughter and her husband....(she felt that not being able to "smell" was too dangerous to live alone...??....say what?....All in all, it caused so much stress on her daughter, that her husband left, could not deal with it all.....They are now divorced and the daughter is very bitter at her mother....My sister was and is not an easy person to live with.

Some elderly don't have family that can take care of them.

I was going to post that too. Also some family members do not give crap about their elders , I had a client that had a lot family living close to him and they never visit my client. He dies a very lonely old man.

I am hoping I will drop dead before I become a burden to my daughter . I do not believe in trying to keep someone alive forever.

Government forced my grandma to go to a nursing home for an incident here. But we got her out of there asap. Right now she lives with ny aunt but all my family takes care of her. When my great grandma was still alive we had her home until the last days

Back