Educational Sign Language Interpreters

ovrsa

Reaction score
Hi all. I am a South African interpreter and I am currently reading for my Masters degree. My focus is on the role of the sign language (in my case SASL) interpreters in post-secondary education settings in SA. Of course, internationally there is far greater depth in the SL interpreting profession (it is but a baby in SA) and your input would be very valuable. I am willing to send you a questionnaire which would take you a few mins to fill in, just to get some perspective on what roles you fulfill overseas. I really appreciate it!!! Ngiyabonga (thank you in isiZulu)

Oh, I'm jealous...you already live in the location for the next International Sign Language Interpreter's Conference in 2011! It is going to cost quite a lot for me to get there but I am looking forward to it.

I would be happy for you to send me a questionnaire. mperuzzi@gmail.com is my address.

I would love to hear from you.

I am at pen04@earthlink.net

I was recently in Nairobi and met with a teacher from the deaf school there. Hoping to get back there before too long! :) I would also love to hear about what is going on in Deaf ed. in SA.

Back