Dwarfs

Tall deaf man & dwarf hearing lady married & produced a healthy daughter. They live few apartment away from our home. I never forget about them. I used to visit them frequently when I was 10 to 11 years old. They are so lovely people. I remember a lady showed me the mark "operation" on her legs & arm.

Deaf married couple who had been tried to have baby for many years & have to abort it because the doctor told them that their child is dwarf & stay alive until around 30 years old. That´s why they have to abort it to save their pain in the future. :cry: I told them that dwarf people are such sweetie.

I didnt know that dwarfs remain live until around 30 years old :confused: Did you know about that?

My son Danny befriend with dwarf who live few minutes away from my house. He come often to us. He´s such lovely boy & hae full of sense humor. Surprisely that he´s popular at school & neighbors. Nobody make fun of him.

I read the "women" magazine last year about married dwarf couple who produced 2 healthy children. The people make fun of them because their 11 & 7 years old daughters are taller than their dwarf parents. Their daughters smart people off saying that they are proud of their parents.

Liebling:-))) said:
I didnt know that dwarfs remain live until around 30 years old :confused: Did you know about that?

Well It isn't true. The girl who was my classmate is 37 and still alive. I also have few friends who are little people and they are in 30's and 40's they are still alive. I saw their kids who are alittle people too. They are so cute!!!

& have to abort it because the doctor told them that their child is dwarf & stay alive until around 30 years old. That´s why they have to abort it to save their pain in the future
Well maybe it was a type of dwarfism that caused tons and tons of medical problems and maybe even a high rate of stillbirth (like with Trisomy 13 and 18) I know people who consider abortion in that sort of case to be sort of like turning off life support for someone with a very bleak prognosis.

I watched a documentary on TV once about dwarves..It was pretty interesting seeing how they live their life everyday and etc..

There was one who's in his 70s, so not all dwarves live up to only 30. Some can live longer.. depending on their medical situations. But those with no medical problems, they can live longer.

I didnt know that dwarfs remain live until around 30 years old Did you know about that?

That is interesting because it is similar to Down Syndrome. Down Syndrome usually to be alive between 25 to 40 years old. I do not see any down syndrome elderly lately ?

Sabrina said:
That is interesting because it is similar to Down Syndrome. Down Syndrome usually to be alive between 25 to 40 years old. I do not see any down syndrome elderly lately ?

The oldest I knew of from my old work at a Californian State hospital for the mentally retarded -- he was in his late 60's when I last worked with him...his name's Goldie. Lovely and cheeky bloke. ;) I've just got back into touch with an old workmate of mine from that hospital and will ask after Goldie and see how he's going these days. I doubt he may be still alive today, but he was a couple years ago which means he was in his 70's.

PurpleRose71 said:
The oldest I knew of from my old work at a Californian State hospital for the mentally retarded -- he was in his late 60's when I last worked with him...his name's Goldie. Lovely and cheeky bloke. ;) I've just got back into touch with an old workmate of mine from that hospital and will ask after Goldie and see how he's going these days. I doubt he may be still alive today, but he was a couple years ago which means he was in his 70's.

Wow, this is first time ever I heard. Thanks for your sharing with us.

Sabrina said:
Wow, this is first time ever I heard. Thanks for your sharing with us.

Anytime, mate. ;) I will post once I've heard back from my friend on whether he's still alive today or not..and of his exact age. okies... :D

Lianca said:
Wow.. It's amazing.. What are they going to do with the house? Did the couple have children? maybe the children use the house if they are little people too.
We just got back from CT last week. My brother remembered the "midget house" but he didn't know what happened to the people. I took a picture of the house. Apparently, someone bought both the large house at the front of the street and the midget house behind it. The sign out front said that they were being remodeled.

Attachments

• MIDGETsm.jpg
    MIDGETsm.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 17
Another view of "midget house".

Attachments

• midget2sm.jpg
    midget2sm.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 17
I wonder how tall are little people? Since i am 5 ft and 2 in, is it taller or small than little people? What is average tall for little people?

racheleggert said:
I wonder how tall are little people? Since i am 5 ft and 2 in, is it taller or small than little people? What is average tall for little people?
I don't think that 5' 2" is considered "midget". I think it would be something under 4' 10". I have a few friends who are 4' 11" to 5' tall. ;)

VamPyroX said:
I don't think that 5' 2" is considered "midget". I think it would be something under 4' 10". I have a few friends who are 4' 11" to 5' tall. ;)
I just did some looking around on the web. It seems that people are labeled as dwarves and midgets for being abnormally short.

Back