Dust storms

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Different dust storm colors between Broken Hill, Australia and Phoenix, Arizona

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95tmYmeHf84]YouTube - Broken Hill Dust Storm Australia[/ame]
Red dust storm
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TH_4lL_DjE]YouTube - Phoenix Dust Storm 2007[/ame]
Tan dust storm

it's a marvelous sight-seeing scene. It's like a movie! but yea.... the color of dust storm depends on the color of sand in that territory. For red color..... it's most likely from dry lake. Tan color is obviously from desert.

cool video, chevy!

Interesting...it become very dark when driver entered the dust storm in Australia...scary!

It is like the Martian sky! Where are the bloody Martians?!

My friend told me that she and her family had to stay inside home as ordered by the government when it occurred. She took some pictures of orange sky and they were beautiful.

Interesting...it become very dark when driver entered the dust storm in Australia...scary!

I hope that driver turned his car off and wait it out otherwise..... his car will be disabled due to clogged air intake or filter.

I hope that driver turned his car off and wait it out otherwise..... his car will be disabled due to clogged air intake or filter.
Right, Dust storms can reduce visibility to zero. Worse than fog. Should stop it and pull off road. Avoid to vehicle accident.

Safety tips for dust storms in Arizona.
ADOT Presents Dust Storms in Arizona

It wont impact when driving, the air filter pushes the dirt out, but it can clog easily. but for the people who has K&N filter, can be cleaned with water easier.

Yeah....should have stopped or something....you can't see anything out there...too dangerous. I agree about clogging the air filter.

Second dust storm could be on the way across NSW and Qld in the coming days. Argh!

Yah, I grew up watching those storms roll in. Was always an exciting event in Phx! :)

I drove through one of those going to Las Vegas once. Wasn't exactly a pleasant expirience...

Back