Dual Displays?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
How many of you have dual displays for your computer?

I'm talking about using two monitors (or more) for your computer where they function separately.

I recently hooked up my 21" television as my second computer monitor.

Now, I can work on my stuff while watching movies on my television. :)

Forgot to include a picture... :)

Attachments

• dual-monitors.jpg
    dual-monitors.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 55
In case you're staring at my picture and thinking... "WTF!?"

#1: my original computer monitor
#2: my television (2nd computer monitor)
#3: my picture frame (w/ clock, alarm, date, & thermometer)
#4: power base (5 outlets, 6 power switches)
#5: portable DVD player
#6: collector's Coca-Cola bottles
#7: Febreze air freshener
#8: Blockbuster Video rentals
#9: overdue RIT library books
#10: stack of anime DVDs

Attachments

• dual-monitors_.jpg
    dual-monitors_.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 16
Last week I set up my computer with 2 19inch Monitors. I heard that once you get that setup, it is very hard to go back to just one and I imagine it is hard. I would like to get one more eventually. A wide screen to put in between these two monitors but that'll be a while before i do.

Last week I set up my computer with 2 19inch Monitors. I heard that once you get that setup, it is very hard to go back to just one and I imagine it is hard. I would like to get one more eventually. A wide screen to put in between these two monitors but that'll be a while before i do.
This isn't the only time that I've used this setup.

At RIT, they have some computer labs that run dual-monitors. I've used those from time to time and always loved it.

When I return to Texas, I'll use my 2nd computer monitor so I can have better quality displays and perfect match. :)

Blah. Used from 2002 and very bad for 3D gamers.
Yeah. When I get a computer for gaming, I won't be doing this... unless I have a powerful video card that allows me to play 3D games with a full left-front-right view. ;)

Dual monitors is nifty! But I added two more just for fun for a while when I was teenager. Now Windows XP can hold up to 11 monitors. I'm not sure about Vista's yet. Does anyone know how many monitors Vista can hold?

Dual monitors is nifty! But I added two more just for fun for a while when I was teenager. Now Windows XP can hold up to 11 monitors. I'm not sure about Vista's yet. Does anyone know how many monitors Vista can hold?
I'm sure Vista can hold more. It also depends on the video card and driver.

I imagine that you would get a sunburn from too many monitors in front of you.
You would end up having a pair of very thick reading glass. :eek: :dizzy:

I've been doing dual displays for 5 years now. I love it. I don't use a TV though, except for certain situations.

I wouldn't use SDTV as computer, fuck to 480i.

I had two 15 inches monitor and set it to "extend screen". I can watch DVD movie on one screen and browse net on other screen (both set 1024x768. Can't go any further or I'll be seeing triple window LOL). Very much like a hacker's system :rofl: . I stopped using it years ago. I DO have Svideo jack on my graphic card. But all 3 of my tv can't do well cuz it's blurry. One of my new 20 inch tv have Svideo input. I tried adjust sharpness. It's as close as I can get and still little blurry. All CRT TV would allow you set resolution up to 800x600 which not good. FEW new CRT tv will allow up to 1024x768 that's it. Use LCD TV of any size with D jack or HDMI jack hooked up to your laptop or PC, it'll be the biggest screen you ever have. Some allow you to set it's maximum resolution. You'll ditch your Bi-focal glasses for Big screen :rofl:

Did you know that some motherboard allow 2 PCI-Express graphic card so you can have 4 monitors. Some graphic card have 4 heads (D-jacks) each to allow up to 8 monitors. Unless you lust for it now, install old PCI graphic card along with current AGP or PCI-Epress graphic card. You'll have 10 monitor make it look very much like Homeland Security room :rofl:

Catty

It may be off this topic, My Acer Aspire laptop allow up to 4 split screens on one screen or it can use external screen along with it's own LCD screen. Called Acer Gridvista. I don't use it... it came with my lappy tho..

Catty

IF you have 4 monitors set as extended view. I wish you a Good luck finding your mouse pointer :eek3::-o:ugh::rofl:

Catty

I had two 15 inches monitor and set it to "extend screen". I can watch DVD movie on one screen and browse net on other screen (both set 1024x768. Can't go any further or I'll be seeing triple window LOL). Very much like a hacker's system :rofl: . I stopped using it years ago. I DO have Svideo jack on my graphic card. But all 3 of my tv can't do well cuz it's blurry. One of my new 20 inch tv have Svideo input. I tried adjust sharpness. It's as close as I can get and still little blurry. All CRT TV would allow you set resolution up to 800x600 which not good. FEW new CRT tv will allow up to 1024x768 that's it. Use LCD TV of any size with D jack or HDMI jack hooked up to your laptop or PC, it'll be the biggest screen you ever have. Some allow you to set it's maximum resolution. You'll ditch your Bi-focal glasses for Big screen :rofl:

Did you know that some motherboard allow 2 PCI-Express graphic card so you can have 4 monitors. Some graphic card have 4 heads (D-jacks) each to allow up to 8 monitors. Unless you lust for it now, install old PCI graphic card along with current AGP or PCI-Epress graphic card. You'll have 10 monitor make it look very much like Homeland Security room :rofl:

Catty
While using a television may make the display blurry, it does have it benefits for large-text typing and videos.

I watch some anime (with subtitles) on my television while browsing the web or doing work on my computer monitor. It's only anime and I don't need super powerful HD graphics just to watch it. ;)

Back