Dry & Store.....is it any good??

Chalgravesteve

Reaction score
Hi Guys....

Well I had a look on search....but you would not believe how many different topics came up!! :shock:

I wear 2 x HA (phonak micropower V's) and I am pretty active. I play a lot of sport. I find that over a relatively short period of time, I start to lose the clarity and in the ned, I have to send the aid back to have it pro cleaned.

My latest HA's have a receiver in the ear (instead of a hollow tube to an earmould) so the sound is being fed down a cable into a speaker in my ear...like an Ipod etc. The sound is much better, but it deteriorates over time. I do clean the aid myself, and the earpiece receiver I take it apart, take the actual electronics out and totally clean the earpiece.......

but.....

clearly, the BTE bit is the bit that drives the whole system and other than wipe it over and clean the microphones with a brush and an airline, there is not much more I can do......

.....I was told about Dry & Store with UV light, and drying silicon stuff which dries out the HA overnight and improves clarity and reliability...or at least thats what they say it does.....

does anyone have one?? does it work???

or is there something better out there??

Ta
Steve

Hi Guys....

Well I had a look on search....but you would not believe how many different topics came up!! :shock:

I wear 2 x HA (phonak micropower V's) and I am pretty active. I play a lot of sport. I find that over a relatively short period of time, I start to lose the clarity and in the ned, I have to send the aid back to have it pro cleaned.

My latest HA's have a receiver in the ear (instead of a hollow tube to an earmould) so the sound is being fed down a cable into a speaker in my ear...like an Ipod etc. The sound is much better, but it deteriorates over time. I do clean the aid myself, and the earpiece receiver I take it apart, take the actual electronics out and totally clean the earpiece.......

but.....

clearly, the BTE bit is the bit that drives the whole system and other than wipe it over and clean the microphones with a brush and an airline, there is not much more I can do......

.....I was told about Dry & Store with UV light, and drying silicon stuff which dries out the HA overnight and improves clarity and reliability...or at least thats what they say it does.....

does anyone have one?? does it work???

or is there something better out there??

Ta
Steve

To me, I use it often - not everyday as I should, plus it's pretty dry here in Vegas.

It works great! Gets rid of bacteria that's building up on your aids. Many people swear by it. It may get a bit expensive and you have to keep buying the bricks for Dri&Store, but it does the job.

I'm not sure about the silcone thing..I never had it..even when I had hearing aids. So someone else should answer that question.

yup works pretty good for me. in the morning - you'll get your HA nice and toasty right out of oven :cool2:

dri & store works nicely for me. I bought the cheap one with the plastic bag as container. When the bag deteriorated, I switched to using the food vacuum machine to vacuum the silicone crystal and HA in a canning jar to work overnight.

Werd
Yeah they help, but like Sekhmet, its quite the arid climate here, but use them after any sports or every couple day. In Southeast I used them every day.

my audiologist gave me one when I got my CI. I never even knew they existed. I find it of way better use for my hearing aid than for my CI though. so since you have 2 HA's i say go for it. I don't use it every day though... and apparently you're supposed to change the brick every 2 months (I haven't had my CI that long, so haven't changed it yet).

One time, I dropped my CI in the sink under a tap of running water, as I was removing my glasses about to wash my face. I instantly wiped it off with a towel then booked it over to the Dry&Store, put it in there for 3 minutes (until the 1st light went off) and tried it back on and it worked like a charm. But maybe I just got lucky haha

With ten hearing aids in the house, we use our dry 'n store pretty frequently. When my son's hearing aids go out after playing football, we are able to get them back up and working after using the dry 'n store. So I would say it's worth it.

OK...I appreciate your comments..thanks....

Anyone in the UK know where I can get one...

The only place on the web I can find one is Connevans and they are out of stock....

Hey, didn't realise you were from UK... Umm.. Can you contact cochlear implant centre to see if they do sell those seperately, Mine came with the Processor (part of CI.)

Hi OTP...

do you have contact details for the CI implant centre?? The only other way is to buy it direct from the US which will mean a 2 week + delivery.....

Ta

Steve

Just google cochlear implant centres or Pm me where you are and i may be able to help to give you the nearest centre.

No worries.

Back