Dream job

That's what I thought about my writing - but a few years ago I had this feeling to sit down and write. Since then I haven't written very much of significance - but I've enjoyed myself! Over the course of this summer, I developed two storylines that I got quite passionate about, and although they're slow going, I've had an amazing time with them.

So who knows? Maybe one day an idea will pop into your head, and you'll find yourself writing about it. It doesn't have to be a novel. It doesn't even have to be a short story, nor does it need to be 'publishing material'. It could just be a paragraph or two about a scene or something, so long as you are enjoying writing it, then who cares, right?

I think you are a teen (like me) - if you are, in November there is a website called NaNoWriMo, with a Young Writers version. You can set your word limit to whatever you want, and basically the goal is to write that amount of words in a month. If you enjoy writing, it doesn't matter if it's 'good' (I know most of my stuff currently isn't. :P), you might want to continue writing on your own. If not, well, don't. :P It is a good way to dip your toes and test the waters though, if you'd like to try it.

EDIT: That was a lot longer than I thought it was!!
-Jason

Haha I do that all the time!! (Writing way more than I anticipate) But thanks for the advice! And website! I'll have to look into it :) you say you're a teen, how old are you? Ps I really like the "it is a good way to dip your toes and test the waters though" that sounded really good - I can see why you like writing :)

That sounds awesome! Where did you act/what did you act for? I love photography a lot but I'm not the best at it. I just like being artsy and thinking I can take good pictures sometimes haha!

Formerly ICODA, ten years ago this year for "Alice in Wonderland", and formerly of my program's Theater Arts Program.

As for taking photographs, it depends on where you look, and also, try and vary how you do it. I have a couple of active threads related to photography in the Pictures and Videos section, and I practice all the time, and wait for the most opportune moment.

Formerly ICODA, ten years ago this year for "Alice in Wonderland", and formerly of my program's Theater Arts Program.

As for taking photographs, it depends on where you look, and also, try and vary how you do it. I have a couple of active threads related to photography in the Pictures and Videos section, and I practice all the time, and wait for the most opportune moment.

Sounds super cool :D I have a few friends who are very good at photography and sometimes I wish I had their eye for it haha

Sounds super cool :D I have a few friends who are very good at photography and sometimes I wish I had their eye for it haha

It does take skill, that part is true. Plus, timing is everything in some cases, as well.

I don't know specifically, but I want to travel. I used to want to do something in Tourism, like interpret (in HS it was English and Japanese, but now it's English and ASL). I would love to see the world. Maybe photography. That sounds amazing. Filming stuff.....I want to experience everything I can.

MAYBE BE AN ASTRONAUT. I know it's cheesy, but I really would LOVE to go into space!!!!!

I don't know specifically, but I want to travel. I used to want to do something in Tourism, like interpret (in HS it was English and Japanese, but now it's English and ASL). I would love to see the world. Maybe photography. That sounds amazing. Filming stuff.....I want to experience everything I can.

MAYBE BE AN ASTRONAUT. I know it's cheesy, but I really would LOVE to go into space!!!!!

Space scares me hahah as lame as that sounds. But I definitely want to travel!

If you know your way around the area well enough to get around without getting lost, you can hop on a bike and explore places that vehicles cannot reach. You'd be surprised what you might find. And also make sure you are well equipped to handle such a trip, because I usually have my chargers and some Gatorade with me if I am riding a long way. Also recommend taking photographs of well-known places or of nature or art. I do a little bit of each, and it's given me an appreciation of how this city showcases what it has.

Haha I do that all the time!! (Writing way more than I anticipate) But thanks for the advice! And website! I'll have to look into it :) you say you're a teen, how old are you? Ps I really like the "it is a good way to dip your toes and test the waters though" that sounded really good - I can see why you like writing :)

I'm not allowed to give out my precise age (sorry), but I am in high school (to give you an idea of the age bracket I'm in). Thanks for the writing compliment! :)

-Jason

My dream job is counselling. I particularly want to work with people who have addictions. I doubt I can because of hearing issues and autism but I have a fair bit of knowledge about the area because of the effect it has had on my family.

I was going to enrol in Bachelor of Counselling part time but I've decided to get my health better then do a year of training to be a phone counsellor at the alcohol and drug information service, if my hearing doesn't prevent that.

Maybe it's just a pipe dream but we'll see. At very least I would like to volunteer with the needle exchange program which wouldn't take as long to train for and less listening and talking.

I'm not allowed to give out my precise age (sorry), but I am in high school (to give you an idea of the age bracket I'm in). Thanks for the writing compliment! :)

-Jason

I am 17 and in highschool as well so that's why I was curious haha and yeah of course :)

If you know your way around the area well enough to get around without getting lost, you can hop on a bike and explore places that vehicles cannot reach. You'd be surprised what you might find. And also make sure you are well equipped to handle such a trip, because I usually have my chargers and some Gatorade with me if I am riding a long way. Also recommend taking photographs of well-known places or of nature or art. I do a little bit of each, and it's given me an appreciation of how this city showcases what it has.

This is probably considered a bit OT but the above post just got me to wondering if there are any chargers on the market that would use the pedaling of the bike to charge something like a cell phone while also moving the bike? Off to Google it.

This is probably considered a bit OT but the above post just got me to wondering if there are any chargers on the market that would use the pedaling of the bike to charge something like a cell phone while also moving the bike? Off to Google it.

There probably is, but I use a portable charger. It doesn't require plugging in, and I can travel anywhere with it. It's good to have.

yes but it's terrible*

Back