Dorner's Manifesto (Creepy)

Talk about shooting holes through the theory that only cops should have guns because us little people can't handle it.....

Laura

Talk about shooting holes through the theory that only cops should have guns because us little people can't handle it.....

Laura

Yup. Just saw an update that they found his truck burning on Big Bear. He is all over the place.

If I had to guess, I'd say Special Ops will be taking care of this one. All threats foreign and domestic.

I'm betting it'll be another cop....I just hope they don't wait as long to get this guy as they did that wack job who took a child into a bunker....

Laura

You have to go through reading a lot of articles to find out what is going on, each news agency seems to leave out one part of the story.

It's a very long story, and his personal manifesto is around 11,000 words long. The unedited, uncensored version of his manifesto (which he posted to FB when he went on the spree to hunt his targets) can be seen here, if you want to read his rants and motives. Christopher Dorner post uncensored. When I read the whole thing, he does seem somewhat focused and not like some rambler making no sense. Something seems to bother him about LAPD operations.

The short chronological version of what's going on:

- Joined the forces and did do some tours
Dorner is a former U.S. Navy reserve lieutenant and an expert marksman who was a member of an undersea warfare unit. He deployed to Iraq and is highly trained. Dorner received awards for his expertise with a rifle and pistol, according to military records obtained by The Times. He received an Iraq Campaign Medal and was a member of a mobile inshore undersea warfare unit.

- Joined the police force around 10 years ago
Dorner joined the LAPD in 2005 — serving under Bratton, New York City’s former top cop. By 2008, Dorner was fighting for his job after making bogus charges against his training officer, Sgt. Teresa Evans.http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/lapd-hunt-ex-cop-sought-killings-article-1.1257595

- Dorner says he saw his LAPD superior abuses a suspect by kicking them
According to documents from a court of appeals hearing in October 2011, Dorner was fired after he made a complaint against his field training officer, Sgt. Teresa Evans. Dorner said that in the course of an arrest, Evans kicked suspect Christopher Gettler, a schizophrenic with severe dementia.

- Dorner reported his superior officer
Other officers and witnesses described the use of force similarly, but Dorner filed a report saying Evans had kicked the man twice in the shoulder and face, and discouraged him from including the information in his police report.http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...christopher-dorner-identified-suspect-couples

- Police clear LAPD superior and deny any mistreatment happened
It is clear as day that the department retaliated toward me for reporting Evans for kicking Mr. Christopher Gettler. The department stated that I had lied and made up the report that Evans had kicked the suspect. I later went to a Board of Rights (department hearing for decision of continued employment) from 10/08 to 1/09. During this BOR hearing a video was played for the BOR panel where Christopher Gettler stated that he was indeed kicked by Officer Evans (video sent to multiple news agencies). In addition to Christopher Gettler stating he was kicked, his father Richard Gettler, also stated that his son had stated he was kicked by an officer when he was arrested after being released from custody) (from his manifesto)

- LAPD fires Dorner
His employment with the LAPD ended in 2008, according to Beck. Records indicate the firing was finalized in 2009.

- Dorner goes in depression for several years
If possible, I want my brain preserved for science/research to study the effects of severe depression on an individual’s brain. Since 6/26/08 when I was relieved of duty and 1/2/09 when I was terminated I have been afflicted with severe depression. I’ve had two CT scans during my lifetime that are in my medical record at Kaiser Permanente. Both are from concussions resulting from playing football. The first one was in high school, 10/96. The second was in college and occurred in 10/99. Both were conducted at Kaiser Permanente hospitals in LA/Orange county. These two CT scans should give a good baseline for my brain activity before severe depression began in late 2008. (from his manifesto)

- Dorner goes on target hunt and so far has attacked 3
He is accused of killing a college basketball coach and her fiance last weekend, then following through on a vow to kill police by opening fire Wednesday night on three officers, killing one.

- Dorner says he thinks the killings is the only way he can 'see' his message being spread.

The part of the timeline I'm trying to figure out is this:

What years was he in the Navy?

I heard that he was dishonorably discharged by the Navy, so that probably would make him ineligible to become a law officer. He joined LAPD in 2005.

Update: Nevermind. I found this:

...Dorner, 33, was a lieutenant in the naval reserve who left the service on Friday with an honorable discharge and may still carry military identification, Fagan said....

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/0...ng-suspect-who-stayed-there-is/#ixzz2KJnjwksz

Apparently the first report about the dishonorable discharge was incorrect.

Last edited:

I heard that he was dishonorably discharged by the Navy, so that probably would make him ineligible to become a law officer. He joined LAPD in 2005.

Update: Nevermind. I found this:

...Dorner, 33, was a lieutenant in the naval reserve who left the service on Friday with an honorable discharge and may still carry military identification, Fagan said....

Read more: Suspected killer visited San Diego Navy base | Fox News

Apparently the first report about the dishonorable discharge was incorrect.

Since he was a reserve it didn't apply. However, I wonder if a dishonorable discharge can remove you from current public service.

Since he was a reserve it didn't apply. However, I wonder if a dishonorable discharge can remove you from current public service.
What didn't apply to what?

A dishonorable discharge is the same for reserve or active duty members. I've been both, so I know.

Different agencies have various standards for employment but any position of trust usually requires an honorable discharge.

Getting a dishonorable discharge usually requires doing something seriously bad. The military usually tries to avoid giving them out, if at all possible.

Anyway, in this guy's case, it seems that he got an honorable. His story is still kind of foggy.

He is 33 according to tons of reports, so that would make him either 1980 or 1979's baby. His facebook page (you can find photos of it) indicated he graduated Southern Utah University in 2001 and Cypress High School (FL) in 1997. That would mean right after then.

Also a former U.S. Navy reservist, Dorner's Navy career began in April 2002 and ended this month, for which he blaims the LAPD: "I lost my position as a Commanding Officer of a Naval Security Forces reserve unit at NAS Fallon because of the LAPD," he wrote in his manifesto. "... the LAPD took my name..." he added.
Who Is Christopher Dorner? What You Need To Know About The Ex-Cop On A Rampage [UPDATED]: LAist

U.S. Navy releases records of triple shooting suspect Christopher Dorner
BIOGRAPHICAL DATA

Name: Christopher Jordan Dorner
Home of Record: La Palma, CA
Date Commissioned: 3 July 2002
Loss Date: 1 Feb 2013
Rank/Date of Rank: Lieutenant / 1 August 2006
Service Dates/Assignments: Arrived Detached
Various Reserve Units 1Dec2009 21Jan2010
Navy Reserve NAS Fallon, NV 7Mar2009 30Nov2009
Navy Mobilization Processing Site (NMPS)
San Diego, CA 23Apr2007 29May2007
Coastal Riverine Group Two Det Bahrain 3Nov2006 23Apr2007
Coastal Riverine Group One, San Diego, CA 10Jul2006 31Oct2006
NMPS San Diego, CA 6Jul2006 10Jul2006
Mobile Inshore Undersea Warfare Unit 23Jun2004 28Feb2006
Navy Personnel Command 16Jun2004 22Jun2004
Various Aviation Training Units 4Jul2002 15Jun2004
Awards and Decorations
National Defense Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Sea Service Deployment Medal
Navy Marine Corps Overseas Service Ribbon
Armed Forces Reserve Medal w/ “M” Device
Rifle Marksman Ribbon
Pistol Expert Medal

He is 33 according to tons of reports, so that would make him either 1980 or 1979's baby. His facebook page (you can find photos of it) indicated he graduated Southern Utah University in 2001 and Cypress High School (FL) in 1997. That would mean right after then.

Also a former U.S. Navy reservist, Dorner's Navy career began in April 2002 and ended this month, for which he blaims the LAPD: "I lost my position as a Commanding Officer of a Naval Security Forces reserve unit at NAS Fallon because of the LAPD," he wrote in his manifesto. "... the LAPD took my name..." he added.
Who Is Christopher Dorner? What You Need To Know About The Ex-Cop On A Rampage [UPDATED]: LAist

U.S. Navy releases records of triple shooting suspect Christopher Dorner

:ty:

I wonder why they didn't include discharge information?

From Huffington's post, "...Dorner retired on February 1 as a lieutenant..." To me, that phrasing is confusing. No one "retires" from the military after less than 11 years service except for a medical disability. Commissioned officers (which he was) usually resign their commissions or transfer to inactive status if it is less than 20 years. If they retire (usually 20+ years), they are still subject to recall.

Why are some of the news agencies are portraying him as a 'bad guy' who is just randomly killing. It feels all shady on how the news tries to portray him, but his manifesto gives facts from his side of the story, which agencies seem to neglect to consider in their statements.

It looks like some have automatically determined Dorner is crazy and dismissed Dorner's testimony about his superior beating the suspect, or left it out completely.

Why are some of the news agencies are portraying him as a 'bad guy' who is just randomly killing. It feels all shady on how the news tries to portray him, but his manifesto gives facts from his side of the story, which agencies seem to neglect to consider in their statements.

It looks like some have automatically determined Dorner is crazy and dismissed Dorner's testimony about his superior beating the suspect, or left it out completely.

The answer....politics

Bottom line:

Even if some of his grievances were justified, none of his violence was.

There is no excuse for his wounding and killing other people.

Same here. There is no excuse for what he's done.

However, I have a different take on how this whole thing is unraveling. Agencies should try their best to report truthfully and impartially, for the greater American good. If they have belief in our system with fairness and equality. The effect it can cause on trials and jurors (if Dorner even makes a trial, but I doubt it) and the public reaction can be deadly.

Back