Does your voice fluctuate when you speak?

Depends how much I'm boozed up........
But I was told that only happens to me And for hearies that never happens
Mmmmmm
Shucks

Depends how much I'm boozed up........
But I was told that only happens to me And for hearies that never happens
Mmmmmm
Shucks

Most all drunks are loud and obnoxious....Hearies are no exception....along with "spitting" when they talk and yell...especially in Bars...:giggle:

For me, if I'm tired, I slur my words and say words very loudly. The next day, when I'm rested, I talk in a "normal" manner.

With hearing aids: I can hear myself pronounce some words correctly or hear the letters I usually don't/cannot hear (s/th/k/sh/ch).
Without: i mispronounce and I talk loudly or I mumble.
When I speak I don't say th, I say f. So "Bluetooth" is "blewtoof" or anything with bl/th certain letters. But with/out I mispronounce words, even though I'm being told "I speak so well and clearly". I cannot whisper for the life of me, let alone hear a whisper. When I yell, my parents tell me to 'quiet down'
I can totally tell when my voice gets tired because it gets sore and i look exhausted.

Interesting topic! Since I went deaf, I've been told that my voice had really changed a lot in terms of pitch and inflection, and that I'm actually pretty hard to understand because I mumble and slur my words. Though I am basically completely voice off, when I do talk, I'm told I'm usually very loud, likely because I obviously can't hear my volume. I'm also told that I've developed a lisp, which is weird because I never had one before going deaf.

Like I said, because I am not comfortable not knowing how I sound or what I'm saying, I'm mostly voice off. I know it's odd, but it works for me despite the obvious challenges it creates.

-Lauren

Interesting topic! Since I went deaf, I've been told that my voice had really changed a lot in terms of pitch and inflection

I'd support that view with me too - since I started going deaf, my voice has changed. For me, though, my accent has neutralised an awful lot and my voice has become more monotone rather than as animated as it used to be. I think it's because I speak at the point where I can hear myself the most and if I change that too much then God knows what I'll be saying. Interesting!

Like I said, because I am not comfortable not knowing how I sound or what I'm saying, I'm mostly voice off. I know it's odd, but it works for me despite the obvious challenges it creates.

To further expand on my previous comment, I would agree with you again, Lauren. For me, I tend to be very quiet a lot of the time unless I'm with good friends who I know well and who will understand (or just have a bit of a laugh in a good way) when I get it wrong. I've been told that it makes me a 'quietly confident' person - I only speak when I need to, but when I do, I know what I am saying and it can make quite an impact. :aw:

Most all drunks are loud and obnoxious....Hearies are no exception....along with "spitting" when they talk and yell...especially in Bars...:giggle:

Especially one spitting "Hiss not my chob" into my ear.

Back