does your friends boyfriend...

ella

Reaction score
ever talk to you about their relationship?

My friends boyfriend was talking to me yesterday about them.. but it just sounded like complaining. I just kind of found this weird because usually its the other way around.. shes talking to me about her boyfriend. Then he started talking to me about their "sex life" i was like um... alittle to much information. :-o Anyways he was saying how hes bored with the relationship and he can't take another day with her controling step mom, and her complaining. I about had it and yelled at him. I said they're a lot people worse off then you guys such as my moms friends son who was killed and now his girlfriend has to go through life knowing that the love of her life is dead. He just said that doesn't matter... and complained again. ugh.. hes pain... should i tell my friend what he told me because i don't want him stringing her a long. :dunno:

just listen, and give him some advice...

if he keeps complaining, just listen...

Don't say anything, just listen, and he'll stop.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
just listen, and give him some advice...

if he keeps complaining, just listen...

Don't say anything, just listen, and he'll stop.
and how's that gonna help?

I've met so many people who yet complains about alot of things and they continue to complain about many different things nearly 24/7 and I alwas try to change the subject with them but they get offened thinking that I'm not really listening to them or whatever...but damn, doesn't it ever occur to them that I'm trying to have a LIFE around here!?!?

well talk silly to them...

"I farted."

Or sing a stupid song, "LA LAlalalalala LA La la la la la LA LA LA!!!"

or dig your nose and wipe on them.

Then they will leave you alone.

It depends who you're more close to.. If you're close to your friend than her boyfriend.. Maybe have a talk with your friend and see what's wrong in the relationship, if you're more close to her then maybe you need to tell her boyfriend that you're not really the person he can talk with because you're her friend and will be there for her.... and he'll have to find someone else to talk about his feelings to.. Just my opinion...

I've been there and done that.. I will never do that again.. I will only say this.. that I'm alot closer to this person and I can't just take sides and say.. he said this.. she said this... then at the end.. I lost my friend because I was supporting his side.. not hers.. because I'm more closer to him than I am with her.. so She pretty much f*cked me.. I didn't like that feeling.. I kept thinking that was my fault but it wasn't.. so you need to try to fix that problem where you don't get stuck in the middle..

http://www.hotlib.com/articles/show.php?t=How_To_Keep_Love_Alive_In_Your_Marriage

Don't Substitute

Don't substitute anyone or anything else for your loved one. Don't go to a coworker or a friend, and share intimate secrets, because you may be betraying your loved one's trust. Don't watch television or be on the computer all the time, when you could be spending quality time with your loved one. Don't spend all your time with the children, ignoring your spouse, because your husband or wife should be number one on the list. If people, organizations, or children clamor for your attention, put your spouse first, and then them. When you put your spouse first, you'll notice you won't need to be going to all these other people for emotional support. You'll also notice you'll be having more fun with the person you'll spend the rest of your life with. Don't underestimate the importance of love in a marriage. Cherish and nurture it, and you will have made the best investment in your life.

im more closer to my friend then her boyfriend ... and her boyfriend doesn't even listen to me when im trying to tell him something about my friend. Such as he was wondering why she doesn't stick up for herself, and i told him its because shes to nice and get nervous a lot. He just said thats no excuse ... I tried giving him advice and the truth and i guess he doesn't accept that about her. but its not my relationship even though i feel like im the monkey in middle of it all.

ella said:
im more closer to my friend then her boyfriend ... and her boyfriend doesn't even listen to me when im trying to tell him something about my friend. Such as he was wondering why she doesn't stick up for herself, and i told him its because shes to nice and get nervous a lot. He just said thats no excuse ... I tried giving him advice and the truth and i guess he doesn't accept that about her. but its not my relationship even though i feel like im the monkey in middle of it all.

I can see that you're stuck in the middle already.. You need to get out of that and stick with your friend.. Your friend will need you the most.. and you don't want to lose a friend like her over her boyfriend.. so.. now's the time to tell him.. you don't want to hear it anymore and he'll have to go find someone to complain about.. now its your turn to stick up for yourself and say.. you're sticking with your friend, not him..

well sunday he invited me into a private chat with my friends , guy friend tim.. so i didn't think that it was weird so i figured ok if its not just me and him i'll talk. he started to talk to me in sexual way "even though it didn't mean anything" i still told my friend because i thought she should know. You just don't do that with your girlfriends/ boyfriends friend. Then later tonight to make this alittle shorter he apolgized which i thought was nice of him and i told him its still not right even if it was in general. I told him just don't do it again ,and he freaked out even more. made an ass out of himself assuming i did things with her past boyfriends when he doesn't know our friendship at all. He also called her stupid and told me hes going to leave her if she doesn't mature blah blah blah .... hes really stupid :confused: i don't why he tells me all this when he knows i could go right ahead and tell her. :smash: stupid boy stupid boy!!!

Steel said:
and how's that gonna help?

I've met so many people who yet complains about alot of things and they continue to complain about many different things nearly 24/7 and I alwas try to change the subject with them but they get offened thinking that I'm not really listening to them or whatever...but damn, doesn't it ever occur to them that I'm trying to have a LIFE around here!?!?

word lol

ella said:
... i don't why he tells me all this when he knows i could go right ahead and tell her. :smash: stupid boy stupid boy!!!
He keeps telling you because you keep listening. You feed his ego, and he provides you with drama.

If you truly care about your friend you should stop spending any time alone with this guy. It is very disloyal to talk about your friend with this guy behind her back.

If you are in a group and he starts saying bad things about your friend, or begins coming on to you again, just tell him that you will not disrespect your friend that way, and if he doesn't knock it off immediately you will tell her what he said. And then DO IT!

Don't accept any phony apologies or excuses.

Bottom line: stay out of their business if you value your friendship.

Just my opinion.

complaining friends bf

Just tell him that he's talking to the wrong person about his concerns>the person he should be talking to is the girlfriend and if he can't do that then what kind of relationship is that?Fairymist

I'm with Reba!

I can't say anything extra because I'm for Reba's suggestion/opinion.

Reba said:
He keeps telling you because you keep listening. You feed his ego, and he provides you with drama.

If you truly care about your friend you should stop spending any time alone with this guy. It is very disloyal to talk about your friend with this guy behind her back.

If you are in a group and he starts saying bad things about your friend, or begins coming on to you again, just tell him that you will not disrespect your friend that way, and if he doesn't knock it off immediately you will tell her what he said. And then DO IT!

Don't accept any phony apologies or excuses.

Bottom line: stay out of their business if you value your friendship.

Just my opinion.

i asked why is he talking behind my friends back to me .... he just got mad and called lame and dumb so i told him i had to go ... then later that night he tried i.ming me again but i just rejected it... then tim i.med me because he was talking to my friends boyfriend (they work together). I guess he got sick of his complaining he told me wasn't really paying attention cause he was playing a game lol.

Sound like he have a low self esteem and he need to get out of the relationship. Your friend deserved a better boyfriend then he is. Believe me I know been there and done that.

he i.med me again .. i told him that i don't want talk to him anymore unless hes with my friend sure ,but not on i.m anymore. I had to explain that to him like 14 times.. hes so frustrating. Then he tells me that the next time i need someone to talk to hes not going to be there because hes not my friend anymore. I was like ok i never considered you my friend you've always just been my friends boyfriend to me. :rofl: it was like a battle between him i.ming me and me closing the i.m ...it was alittle amusing

Back