Does this offend you

Status
Not open for further replies.
as a bi person - no, if someone is asking in what I perceive to be a open, friendly/non-judgmental but curious way, than I'm not offended if someone asks me that.

and I agree with CJB in regard to being inclusive, Jillio :ty: too

someone who support gay marriage is hypocrite or fake. i'm not telling who. someone is a liar.

someone who support gay marriage is hypocrite. i'm not telling who. someone is a liar.

lol you've been saying that for a while. I wonder who!!!!!! :hmm:

I would need more context to decide if it's offensive. Jillio gave two contexts that would change the offensiveness of the question. People who are okay with gay people ask casually if other people are gay all the time. It's just a question out of genuine curiosity.

On the other hand, coming from a homophobe it's an attempt at an insult. Saying "are you gay" when you're homophobic is basically a roundabout way of saying "so basically should I disapprove of you?" And the way it's said changes things too. "Hey, are you gay?" isn't the same as "What, are you, GAY?" The latter is obviously meant to offend and provoke.

Not in the least. In fact, people ask me all the time and I have no problem answering anyone who I know are comfortable with my gender/sexuality. When someone who has displayed homophobic behavior asks me, I'm not offended so much as I don't feel comfortable coming out to them.

BTW I just wanted to thank you jillio for always taking the time to include transgender and bisexual people in the discussion of sexual minorities. :ty::ty:

Fair enough... I copied the content from the post in the OP. Feel free to go back to the OP to check for accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonut
Oh, that reminds me.

You cursed brat! Look what you've done! I'm melting! melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness? Oooooh, look out! I'm going! Oooooh! Ooooooh!

Just made it up.
*whistles*

By Jillio
Are you gay? Just wondering judging from the quote you chose to use. But then, since you seldom express an original thought, we know your entire thought process is based on someone else. It wouldn't be expected that you could even separate your own from someone else's.

Such childishness as is being displayed.

Pretty clear both posts are attacks. The highlighted portion is what sparked my curiousity.

yea. i know but i'm still not tellin' who. a year ago that said, "i don't believe in gay marriage and i won't vote gay marriage" then there someone said, "i support gay marriage". someone got me fooled.

yea. i know but i'm still not tellin' who. a year ago that said, "i don't believe in gay marriage and i won't vote gay marriage" then there someone said, "i support gay marriage". someone got me fooled.

sounds like me???? although I don't remember saying that.... so maybe that's not me..... :dizzy:

ha. i dunno *shrug*.

yea, someone got me confused. it's like a playing game. that's why i'm careful who i'm talking to.

I know that is not me. wonder why you didn't want to mention someone's name? is this because somoene will give you a hard time?

ha. i dunno *shrug*.

yea, someone got me confused. it's like a playing game. that's why i'm careful who i'm talking to.

PM me?

PM you?. i dunno. i have to think about it. like i said, "i'm careful who i'm talking to". but the word i learned "trust no one".

good advice. stick with it.

PM you?. i dunno. i have to think about it. like i said, "i'm careful who i'm talking to". but the word i learned "trust no one".

from the x-files?

Jiro might be strange but he is definitely not an alien ;)

I sit back here and smile as I bask in the glow of my warm, morning sun while eating a hearty breakfast, let me ask you one thing. Where did I ever say that I was offended with the comment, "Are you gay?" ?Hmmm? It was other posters who expressed that and not me. Although I do question the intent behind that comment in the effort to stereotype me repeatedly. And the excuse I heard? Piss poor and not even on the scale of believability. The wicked witch quote from Oz had nothing to do with homophobia. By saying otherwise that it had something to do with that certainly had people scratching their heads saying, "WTF?"

Use your common sense, folks.

*eats my pancakes and bacon*

I did not see where anyone said YOU were offended. Unless I missed something.

Mod note:

Let's move on now.... this thread is reference to a closed thread. Therefore, there is no need to discuss and open more cans of worms further. :locked:

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back