Does it annoy you when....

This is an interesting thread. I carry batteries with me everywhere! In my purse, car, backpack...I even leave packs at my Moms house and my sister's houses. I hate getting caught without any batteries. I often joke to my husband that I run on batteries so I can't be without them! LOL

As for changing them I am an old pro at it now, I can do it without taking my HA off. I can even do it with my DAI and boot on. :) Not even my student's notice that I am changing my batteries and I do it right in front of them. They think I am scratching my ear or something. LOL

LOL bebito! funny..

with my HA I never minded..although my old HA's didn't bleep to indicate that battery was almost out..when I got the HA I had before I got implanted, I heard that tone , and bc nobody told me it was the battery I thought I was about to get packed to psych ward coz I heard noises nobody heard ! LOL now I remember it and smile.

With CI I always tended to fumble and always the middle battery fell in the floor and I had to change it.

Later I got the rechargeables, they are FINE and I can change them without even removing CI from my ear!

well when I change batteries I always forget to lock the freedom after...little hands get to it then!

It would be nice if there is a way to hook to your body where we have energy to release. Since our body are practice like battery itself for a life. Scary? heh.

Otherwise, sun solar would be nice.

Boy do I agree!! This would be cool

Bionicgal

This is an interesting thread. I carry batteries with me everywhere! In my purse, car, backpack...I even leave packs at my Moms house and my sister's houses. I hate getting caught without any batteries. I often joke to my husband that I run on batteries so I can't be without them! LOL

As for changing them I am an old pro at it now, I can do it without taking my HA off. I can even do it with my DAI and boot on. :) Not even my student's notice that I am changing my batteries and I do it right in front of them. They think I am scratching my ear or something. LOL

How do you manage to change batteries with DAI and boot on? What HAs do you have?

My audio shoes go on top of the battery drawer, changing the batteries without taking them off would be impossible.

My Batteries in my Hearing Aids do not just die! They get low. Sounds get real distorted and the sounds are real low it stays that way for a few hours, I know it is time to change it before it fully dies.

I am with Hear again and Lucia! I like your idea. The extra of batteries packs in my purse. I like to keep the old batteries fill up in the pot bowl and give for recycles. I don't have to worry about batteries goes to die and stop wear CI for a moment. Thank you for your info. :)

I find it mildy annoying. Especially during meetings when I have to stop everyone to announce to please hold on cause I have to change a battery. During sex it has happened and I just ignore it, also tends to get alot of feedback for no apprent reason during these high energy romps.

The worst is when I am driving or gardening or working with clay when my hands are both busy and I have to stop what I am doing and wash up to change the battery.

Like others here, I always carry extras in my bag. I have run out once while on a field trip in college years ago and spent the rest of the afternoon in silence and frustration as I had no extras. Never let that happen again.

My batteries for my CI normally last for seven days but sometimes it only lasts for five days. Really it depends on the brand of batteries.

I am so efficient I change batteries in seconds! Plus it never occurred to me to be annoyed. :hmm:

Yes, plus I'm just thankful that we have this amazing technology (battery and HA). It's easy to forget if we take these things for granted. I don't. So, I don't get annoyed when its time to put in a fresh battery.

My batteries for my CI normally last for seven days but sometimes it only lasts for five days. Really it depends on the brand of batteries.

Your batteries last 5-7 days? Mine only last 2-3. I use Power One Implant Plus which are supposed to be the most powerful CI batteries available on the market yet I only receive 48-72 hours of battery power.

Dont you just hate it that batteries die when you don't have any access to them? I've had batteries die in NYC and I just got back from a summer camp reunion, that was on an island, and one of my batteries decided to die! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: Reading this thread certainly brings back memories and always carry spare batteries with me and is dotted around the place.

When I wore bilateral hearing aids, especially if both HA's were brand new, they always put brand new batteries in both. And they'd die at the same time so I after being at the audiologists, I quickly replace one of the new batteries with a semi dead one. And put the peel back on the brand new to stop it working till it's needed. That way I can alternate changing the batteries between the two hearing aids without having to wait for both batteries to die. It worked really well for me since to date.

Now that I have one CI and one HA in the other, I now carry rechargeables and batteries in the same tote bag so I'm never without batteries.

I'll never learn

:giggle:

Batteries died on the way to college, only had 2 batteries

Luckily i was only at college for an hour

I always carry spare batteries with me. I have them everywhere at home as well: my backpack, purse, kitchen, living room and bedroom. When I travel, I make sure to always have 4 packs of batteries at all times. That way if one battery pack doesn't work for whatever reason, I still have 3 others I can use.

Your batteries last 5-7 days? Mine only last 2-3. I use Power One Implant Plus which are supposed to be the most powerful CI batteries available on the market yet I only receive 48-72 hours of battery power.

Yeah, and I use Walgreens Brand Batteries. It works good. :)

I used to carry spare batteries around with me. Had them in the car, in the office desk, on a key chain in my pocket. The batteries I get from my audiologist are supposed to last 10-14 days. Well, that might be so, but you can never predict when they will go out, so now I just put in a fresh pair every Monday morning. I might not get as much use out of my batteries, but I don't have to worry about them going out on me either.

Yes it does annoy me when I have put a new battery in! I was at town meeting once and needed a new battery , I was not wearing my eyes glasses and put the battery in wrong and could not get it out! It took 5 min. to fix it and I miss what was being said! I was so piss off! We can to the moon but we can't get a HA battery that last a year! I bet battery companies could made their batteries last longer , but they would not be able to made money off us!

Well, it's good to carry spare batteries, but you gotta be careful where they get stored. I will leave some in the office and some in the room and only carry them in my pocket if I need to travel. I actually got excited when a few weeks ago that rayovac (http://www.i-newswire.com/pr289311.html) made mercury free batteries. Depending how long and frequent batteries are used, the can have various lifespans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesnt it annoy you when you have to stop doing something to change your batteries!! It annoys me when I'm at college or placement and I have to stop what I'm doing to change my batteries! It's even annoying when i dont have my HA on and I'm completely deaf until I change my batteries!!

I wish batteries were permanent!!
You may be interested in this solar powered hearing aid. No batteries required.

Solar Powered Hearing Aid - Solar Powered Hearing Aid
Howard Weinstein has successfully developed a solar powered hearing aid that does away with the need for a battery, enabling many people all over the world who are hard of hearing to be able to enjoy a normal life without worrying about whether the batteries used have run out of juice or not. I suppose one of the inspiration for this would be a solar powered Bluetooth headset, and this is an extension of the idea, although it comes with a much more altruistic motive. Mr. Weinstein even managed to assist some deaf people to work, since the skill it takes to master sign language—”acute hand-eye coordination”—is perfect when it comes to soldering and other microelectronics work.

Back