Does any one one else have meniere's

madkitten

Reaction score
Does any one one else have meniere's
I would like to chat with some one else that has it please.

Oh god I feel disease now. I am having a case of vertigo when I am reading this thread.

Oh god I feel disease now. I am having a case of vertigo when I am reading this thread.

I get that too some times so fast I have tosit down while it passes . I have also lost my sence of ballance . Shit isnt it:pissed:

what is it?

Thats what I said when i found i had it :jaw: Its a disease in the middle ear makes you deaf you get tinnitus and loss of balance .Each attack damages the nerves in your ear If the attacks do not stop you will end up totally deaf.

I have it too. I get vertigo sometimes and had tinnitus for years. My hearing doesn't go up and down tho.

Here is a good website with tons of info. about Meniere's. It is one of the best websites on it. It have chat room and forum for ppl with the disease. Plus more info. Check it out:

http://menieres.org/

Hope this helps and hope you can get it under control soon.

I have it too. I get vertigo sometimes and had tinnitus for years. My hearing doesn't go up and down tho.

Here is a good website with tons of info. about Meniere's. It is one of the best websites on it. It have chat room and forum for ppl with the disease. Plus more info. Check it out:

MENIERES.ORG -- Coping support site for Meniere's Disease. You are not alone!

Hope this helps and hope you can get it under control soon.

Thanks I Have priods when I can not make out what people are saying I can hear them with my hearing aid but not understand.

I do have meniere's disease.. I know what you mean.. it sucks having the periods of tinnutis attacks and all that.. my hearing in left ear had gone deaf now.. i cant hear at all.. but in my right ear it had started.. but i am on medications right now hopefully to stop the attacks.. so far it has but not fully 100% yet.. sigh.. but sometimes i can hear fine one day.. then next day i cant hear well? or other day sound like muffled like u are under water?? its real frustrating.. :( they want me to try strong digital hearing aid to see if it work for me.. but what if its muffled underwater will it work? i wonder?? i guess wait n see.. but if it doesnt work? then i will go for ci.. that way i will continue to be able hear music and everything.. :)

I do have meniere's disease.. I know what you mean.. it sucks having the periods of tinnutis attacks and all that.. my hearing in left ear had gone deaf now.. i cant hear at all.. but in my right ear it had started.. but i am on medications right now hopefully to stop the attacks.. so far it has but not fully 100% yet.. sigh.. but sometimes i can hear fine one day.. then next day i cant hear well? or other day sound like muffled like u are under water?? its real frustrating.. :( they want me to try strong digital hearing aid to see if it work for me.. but what if its muffled underwater will it work? i wonder?? i guess wait n see.. but if it doesnt work? then i will go for ci.. that way i will continue to be able hear music and everything.. :)

I have never had any hearing in my left ear .And now I am loosing it my right .I have a very good hearing aid but it no good because all sound is distorted like you say as if you are under water .All the hearing aid does is make it louder . When the attacks stop the hearing aid helps .The menieres has already done a lot of damage so I need it.
I would love to be able to hear music again .I do miss it.

I just found out I have it. Its more a relief to finally know what is going on. I have gone to 4 different dr.s and no answers for 5 years.

it horrible,i have it...i take serc..people get it even if not deaf,mine came on after flu.i was asleep at the time...it woke me up one night ,my balance awful everything going round felt like i was jig saw,could not put finger on nose,scared me to death...pass after few mins,it come back forward sometime go many months then one attack after other..get migraines want thow up....i feel for you

I have it too. I think it started in late middle or early high school for me. I thought I was going crazy, because I kept having these weird... shifts in perception. Or that's how it felt. I've had some level of tinnitus 24/7 all my life so I didn't know that was what it was or that it was abnormal and just thought that was what silence sounded like. So the attacks felt like the "silence" was suddenly swallowing me and I was kind of floaty at the same time because my balance went off kilter (You know how you feel weirdly floaty when you're a little bit drunk because your balance is off but not too badly yet? That. And I was 12 or 13, so definitely not drinking yet.) and the combination of those sensations was freaky. I didn't figure out what was actually going on until my sophomore year of college.
I fully credit the fact that I was spending an hour or more on horseback six days a week all through the first five-six years of it for the fact that I don't stagger around falling constantly, because the vertigo is now your classical I-feel-like-the-ground-is-moving-under-me type and nonstop but I don't usually notice it much until I close my eyes or turn too fast for my eyes to keep up. (And then it's like "whoa, which way is up?") All the time I spent doing something that forced me to have balance trained the other body systems involved in balance to take over for my inner ear and my brain to ignore its signals whenever possible.
Have you tried antihistamines? The internet says they help, but the improvement in Meniere's after taking my allergy meds might just be placebo effect because I knew people claimed they helped.

Have you tried antihistamines? The internet says they help, but the improvement in Meniere's after taking my allergy meds might just be placebo effect because I knew people claimed they helped.
Meclizine, commonly used for motion sickness, is classed as an antihistamine. My pharmacist says to take it like ibuprofen. To me, an antihistamine would relieve congestion in the inner ear, and meclizine apparently acts primarily in that area. For an acute attack, however, something stronger from the Dr. would be necessary.

Identify your triggers. Salt, stress, chocolate, unstable blood sugar, nicotine, caffeine, mold, pollen, quinine....

Some people have it worse than others, some have it with no significant loss in hearing, but we all have the resources to slow it down, even a little bit.

Back