DOD Asks: How Would You Feel Showering With Gays?

Morale would change. Don't take my word......I asked my lesbian friend. She is a Marine. Served for 8 years. She is very much against repealing DADT.

She is one of few GLBT people that support DADT that I had seen, even it isn't new to me.

Gay republicans won't support DADT as well.
http://online.logcabin.org/issues/gays_military.html

Do straight married couples without children get the same housing as straight married couples with children? Some gay couples have children too. Wouldn't that be more about number of people per family and spacing than gay or straight?

Only way they get the same size if it a 2 bedroom house that either are applying for. I, myself, can apply on either a 3 bedroom or a 4 bedroom, only cause I have 3 kids and the age difference between my boys is on the boarderline. If someone that has 2 kids, and they are the same sex and close in age, then they could share a room and could apply for 2 bedroom. That is the thing I was talking about.

Now, with the gay couples, how did they have kids? adopt? Got pregnant? If they got pregnant, then how that happened? The military can take someone to court if they have an affair outside the couple relationship (3some, mistress, prostitute).

If you look into some the rules and laws that a military person has to live by, gays and lesbians could get in trouble with just being the way they are. The missionary is the only sex position allowed in the military, and sodomy not allowed too. Now, it unusual to see someone charged for those, but the adultery is likely, and then they can add those other charges.

Now, if they adopted the kids, then they had to go through a court system, which would take about the same amount of time to upgrade in the housing list.

wow missionary is the ONLY position allowed in sex period? that would just really put a damper on sex activities in my opionion....that sucksss for yall

I was posting my thoughts but when I replied I never said any of those things you questioned...and I'm BI actually..so I have nothing against men per se. And I think I know the difference between a glance and staring..i'm not blind im deaf ...sorry CJB not trying to be rude...just saying

:laugh2::laugh2: Oh don't worry I know what a stare feels like, we blindies get used to the public staring at us all the time. :giggle:

Ok lol just makin sure no one took offence to the "im not blind" part! :) and I can "feel" when someone's staring at me too...annoying isn't it?

Only way they get the same size if it a 2 bedroom house that either are applying for. I, myself, can apply on either a 3 bedroom or a 4 bedroom, only cause I have 3 kids and the age difference between my boys is on the boarderline. If someone that has 2 kids, and they are the same sex and close in age, then they could share a room and could apply for 2 bedroom. That is the thing I was talking about.

Now, with the gay couples, how did they have kids? adopt? Got pregnant? If they got pregnant, then how that happened? The military can take someone to court if they have an affair outside the couple relationship (3some, mistress, prostitute).

If you look into some the rules and laws that a military person has to live by, gays and lesbians could get in trouble with just being the way they are. The missionary is the only sex position allowed in the military, and sodomy not allowed too. Now, it unusual to see someone charged for those, but the adultery is likely, and then they can add those other charges.

Now, if they adopted the kids, then they had to go through a court system, which would take about the same amount of time to upgrade in the housing list.

1) Past relationships
2) Adoption
3) Artificial insemination and surrogate pregnancy
4) Agreeing on one member having sex with another person of the opposite sex outside the relationship (not an affair cause it's an agreement and just for getting pregnant)

Ok lol just makin sure no one took offence to the "im not blind" part! :) and I can "feel" when someone's staring at me too...annoying isn't it?

YES especially when you can feel it but can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from! Now I just freeze when someone's staring at me. Works pretty well. :cool2:

More on topic, if someone's staring you out or making advances, isn't that considered inappropriate sexual conduct, period?

lol I figure out who and stare back hahaha:) or wave at them happily haha ..and yes it's very rude to stare at someones chest..I work at a bar and you wouldn't believe the dumb statements that come out of some guys' mouths...and not even just the bar..it's happened in rando places in the mall..in front of my gf WHILE i was having a conversation...ppl are just ignorant..men at my age 20-29 who are single..aren't the smartest at trying to flirt

She is one of few GLBT people that support DADT that I had seen, even it isn't new to me.

Gay republicans won't support DADT as well.
Don't Ask Don't Tell

It's a matter of perspective. According to her most of the gays she knows in the military support DADT. Cohesion in the ranks trumps personal rights to those that support it.

But you see, when you have DADT, your honesty is compromised. If the goal is to help them retain their integrity, then DADT should be repealed. It would be dishonest for them to lie about their sexual orientation.

But you see, when you have DADT, your honesty is compromised. If the goal is to help them retain their integrity, then DADT should be repealed. It would be dishonest for them to lie about their sexual orientation.

No lies.......You just don't talk about your personal life with your co workers. Pretty simple.

It's a matter of perspective. According to her most of the gays she knows in the military support DADT. Cohesion in the ranks trumps personal rights to those that support it.

Sorry, I don't believe you.

Wow, I have to admit that some of the responses here are funny. I am sure that many gays see the "Don't ask don't tell " rule as old fashion and outdated. If you are gay so be it, like religion, do not attempt to push your beleives to others. So many people feel they need to be accepted by everyone. Please get over yourselves and your hypocritical sense of rightousness. If you want to join the military have some common sense, keep your mouth shut (in every way.....lol) and serve with honor, then move on. I am pretty sure you will not be the first nor the last to serve.

Don't believe what???? That I spoke to my friend??? That is the only claim I made in the post you quoted. :)

I got a different story from few veterans that I met and they said many gay veterans are against DADT.

Ah ok I did not know this...i still know of ppl tho who met while serving and later married...
It's OK if they aren't in the same chain of command, and they're both officers, or both enlisted, or if one gets out of the military.

Hubby and I were both enlisted sailors on active duty when we met, dated, and married. We worked in the same large headquarters command but we were in separate departments, separate chains of command.

I got a different story from few veterans that I met and they said many gay veterans are against DADT.

I am sure many are against it.......especially veterans. You realize of course, that both statements can be true. :)

Do straight married couples without children get the same housing as straight married couples with children? Some gay couples have children too. Wouldn't that be more about number of people per family and spacing than gay or straight?
Housing is assigned by rate/rank, size and composition of family, and availability.

At the time that Hubby and I were eligible for military housing, and a unit became available, we were both enlisted petty officers with one daughter. That made us eligible for a two-bedroom townhouse unit. That's the largest unit we would have ever been eligible for because we had only one child.

1) Past relationships
2) Adoption
3) Artificial insemination and surrogate pregnancy
4) Agreeing on one member having sex with another person of the opposite sex outside the relationship (not an affair cause it's an agreement and just for getting pregnant)

1: well, they should be allowed to have housing to start with.
2: have to go through court for that and that is supported in my thread
3: either have to spend all that money to do it, or go throw years trying to get tricare to pay for it. They have a hard time allowing somethings
4: Again, it don't matter if they agree with it, in the eye of the military, it still an affair. If someone is filing for divorce and not final and get caught sleeping with someone, they still get in trouble. Now, if it a gay/lesbian couple, it fall under the same thing. They are married and they only allowed to sleep with each other, only.

Everyone is a little bit gay. Only prudes who don't really like sex are 100% straight. Those are the missionary only people. :lol:

Back