Do you want the option for dark AD skin?

Do you want the option for dark AD skin?

• Yes

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Alex, is the black color formatting similar to the forums of UberPeople.net? if so, that's the color I like.
Just checked the site and it looks "light" to my eyes. Not exactly dark, am I missing something?

Black., and when is the vote deadline?
No deadline IIRC.

I just looked at uberpeople.net too. The headings are grey/black but the background is white. The old AD had a theme where the background was dark...sort of a dark charcoal black and text was default white.

Thought I had a screen shot of something from AD with dark theme but can't find it...

Ditto I believe that Alex will find his time to change the color forum when he checks out the number of votes. :)

I guess I already voted on this b/c I not able click on 'yes 'or 'no' . I think color is not as bright now it has a gray tint to it.

I voted for it as I like the idea of the option and want to comment. I liked the OLD Alldeaf much better. I did not use the dark on that. The problem now is lack of contrast and VERY small point size for so much of this new one. For example taken from this thread. Opps it didn't work to show what I mean; I tried to copy and paste something that is very small and pale and it changed to what I am writing now is like!

The problem now is lack of contrast and VERY small point size for so much of this new one. For example taken from this thread. Opps it didn't work to show what I mean; I tried to copy and paste something that is very small and pale and it changed to what I am writing now is like!

Do you mean like this---?

AD_colors_edit.jpg

Hmm hard to see the difference between quotes and my reply and pictures... would be nice to have a frame or thicker border around quotes and images...

Do you mean like this---?

View attachment 22908

Hmm hard to see the difference between quotes and my reply and pictures... would be nice to have a frame or thicker border around quotes and images...

For me when reading a thread and coming to a post that starts with a quote that quote is lighter, italic and a smaller point size than the post that is responding to what was quoted.

In the example that you have put the red around for me when it is in an actual "live" post it is not just gray rather than black letters but is also a very small point size. Opps, I have been assuming you know what I mean by point size (how big the individual letters & numbers are).

i had dark theme before - but it was the only one i liked that was available. it was too dark though. I'd pick bluish with white or mellow yellow words that s easy on the eyes.

Jane, you do know there are ways to zoom your webpages, don't you? Not sure if there's a way to change the colors, though.

Jane, you do know there are ways to zoom your webpages, don't you? Not sure if there's a way to change the colors, though.

The main part of people's posts is where I want it. It is these other details that are harder to read than what the old software gave.

Curious to see how many here want the option to use a dark skin for AD.

And by dark, do you want it to be more like dark gray or black?

By the way, votes will not display publicly.
Dark background seems to be easy on the eyes for reading. I use it on my tablet for writing English text to asl translation. So far it seems to be ok. White or lil off white text looks best. Again that is on my Tablet though.

For me when reading a thread and coming to a post that starts with a quote that quote is lighter, italic and a smaller point size than the post that is responding to what was quoted.

In the example that you have put the red around for me when it is in an actual "live" post it is not just gray rather than black letters but is also a very small point size. Opps, I have been assuming you know what I mean by point size (how big the individual letters & numbers are).

I know what a point size is (considering I've been around computers for about 30 years now :) ). But do agree with you that it is a bit hard to see the difference between the quoted text and regular text plus the slightly smaller size in the quoted text. On the old AD the quoted text was always italicized- but don't remember about size.

I know what a point size is (considering I've been around computers for about 30 years now :) ). But do agree with you that it is a bit hard to see the difference between the quoted text and regular text plus the slightly smaller size in the quoted text. On the old AD the quoted text was always italicized- but don't remember about size.

It maybe a matter of what we are reading on. I have no trouble telling the difference between the quoted text and regular text when reading posts made by others. When writing a post the quote is actually easier for me to read. I know that unless I choose to write above it it will be at the top and being the same as what I write is easier to read than the lighter italic it turns into after posting.

Possible for me the quoted text background is the same color as the post background. On the old AD dark theme the quoted text had a white border around it and text was sort of italicized as well so it was easier. Only way to tell here is that the font size is a bit smaller and italicized.

Just checked the site and it looks "light" to my eyes. Not exactly dark, am I missing something?

No deadline IIRC.

Nah mate, you're not missing anything - just enquirying if the dark theme was the same as uberpeople.net but I already recall the dark theme of AD in the old systems

Back