Do You Use Purple for Relay Services ?

Just because you heard rumor about Sorenson?

Have you seen the real side of Sorenson?

I think PFH's point is that, and it is also my sentiment, the VRS industry is a natural deaf-owned business. I hope to see the day when all VRS companies are deaf-owned and the hearing people, for once, have to look up to us.

I suppose my vision is a little utopian but I think with some hard work, low cost government (SBA) loans, qualified, ethical, honest deaf folks can take over this whole industry.

Deaf person CAN start up VRS company, as long as that Deaf person is willing to work to get Hearing and Deaf BOTH together, not push hearing people away. Two brains are better than one, right?

Add example

Which one would work out better.

VRS company #1

Deaf person said, we have problem with VRS, and I want OUR way, we know what we want, no discussion, we don't care what hearing people wants. Hearing person said, we have problem too, we know what we want and we want our way, no discussion!

VRS company #2

Deaf person said, we have problem with VRS, we know what our needs are. Hearing person said, we also have same problem with VRS, and we know what our needs are. Then both Hearing and Deaf comes together, and discuss HOW to solve the problem, and make BOTH work together?

Ok, here is the question, which VRS #1 or #2 will be likely to success and grow? The answer is obviously.

Of course, we all have Hearing person that is scumbags, same with Deafies we do have Deafies that is Scumbags too.

If we are smart enough, and stay integerity we can make anything happen in positive way, instead of whining, start blaming games, pointing at others, make up stories, etc. These negative behavior does us nothing but suffering in the end anyway.

I think PFH's point is that, and it is also my sentiment, the VRS industry is a natural deaf-owned business. I hope to see the day when all VRS companies are deaf-owned and the hearing people, for once, have to look up to us.

I suppose my vision is a little utopian but I think with some hard work, low cost government (SBA) loans, qualified, ethical, honest deaf folks can take over this whole industry.

I still use them from time to time. My choice. If you don't like it, I don't care. i also use Sorenson. I'll give Convo a try, and ZVRS too.

Eh...

My point was if you IN ANY WAY make the deaf community suffer in whole.. FUCK YOU.

You will NOT get business from me in any way.

Like LDNanna said.. Purple was wonderful. But they also participated in the abuse to make a profit off the deaf community.... That is not cool in my book.

That's why I switched over to Convo...

It is not because of hearing/deaf. etc. I have these choices... Sorenson, Purple, CSDVRS... And I chose not to use them because they all participated in the abuse, so Convo it is.

Eh...

My point was if you IN ANY WAY make the deaf community suffer in whole.. FUCK YOU.

You will NOT get business from me in any way.

Like LDNanna said.. Purple was wonderful. But they also participated in the abuse to make a profit off the deaf community.... That is not cool in my book.

That's why I switched over to Convo...

It is not because of hearing/deaf. etc. I have these choices... Sorenson, Purple, CSDVRS... And I chose not to use them because they all participated in the abuse, so Convo it is.

Well said!

I still use them from time to time. My choice. If you don't like it, I don't care. i also use Sorenson. I'll give Convo a try, and ZVRS too.

Convo is both of VRS and P2P? VRS can be both of them.

Viable got busted and Purple gets away with it, that is something that I am not understand. I am gonna still find out why Purple got away with it.

Purple didn't "get away with it." From the FCC Press release:

"While this agreement addresses Purple’s debt obligation to the government, it does not affect any possible government investigations into Purple’s business practices."

I personally like my P3. I will continue to use it for as long as I can. I use both the video and the text as I am still learning ASL. The only other thing I have is Skype.

Purple never, ever admit of their wrongdoing. The reason FCC wants their money back because they have clarified rules and had made an order causing Purple got 'caught' with their PANTS DOWN!

damn Purple for making f..ked up call

look at Ed Bosson quote

No, Convo is not taking same position as Kelby Brick. Using deaf/hoh employees for the sole purpose of racking up minutes are not right no matter how one slices it.

Purple will not recover from snafu and heavy debt for several year

Convo is both of VRS and P2P? VRS can be both of them.

Convo does not offer P2P because they do not have software like other vrs do ie Z4, P3 whatever. even no hardware like VP200, MVP, Z340 whatever. You just use existing vp in your possession to call Convo. For software side, you just need a mac with iChat. For those who don't have mac, just use existing vp to call convo.

You can establish p2p via iChat without Convo. Although Convo do provide text relay via iChat which I do use.

I don't use VRS for relay purpose, just text relay because i prefer accurate communication in english.

Boult are you implying that VRS is not accurate ?

I have seen typos and wrong words typed in Text Relay !!!

Interpreters usually have a lot of training ( VRS )

Communication Assistants just a high school degree !! ( Text Relay )

Convo does not offer P2P because they do not have software like other vrs do ie Z4, P3 whatever. even no hardware like VP200, MVP, Z340 whatever. You just use existing vp in your possession to call Convo. For software side, you just need a mac with iChat. For those who don't have mac, just use existing vp to call convo.

You can establish p2p via iChat without Convo. Although Convo do provide text relay via iChat which I do use.

I don't use VRS for relay purpose, just text relay because i prefer accurate communication in english.

Right, Z4 and Sprint webcam software support Mac. P3 Mac software would be May or so. Why not Convo make webcam software for P2P and VRS?

Right, Z4 and Sprint webcam software support Mac. P3 Mac software would be May or so. Why not Convo make webcam software for P2P and VRS?

Mirial software(Z4 and Sprint) has a video issue with P2P. Sprint will release a new version Monday, will see how well the video works.

Guess Convo company is too small to develop a custom software for PC. Convo informed me that the Netmeeting is not a great video, recommended the iChat which I don't have the Mac.

So far, P3(I-Stream as JClarke mentioned) is probably the best out there for all features(VRS, P2P, and text relay), but not perfect.

Skype is an excellent and reliable video but unforunately it does not have phone number feature.

Mirial software(Z4 and Sprint) has a video issue with P2P. Sprint will release a new version Monday, will see how well the video works.

Guess Convo company is too small to develop a custom software for PC. Convo informed me that the Netmeeting is not a great video, recommended the iChat which I don't have the Mac.

So far, P3(I-Stream as JClarke mentioned) is probably the best out there for all features(VRS, P2P, and text relay), but not perfect.

Skype is an excellent and reliable video but unforunately it does not have phone number feature.

What s issue of new version of Sprint? both of P2P and VRS?
Viable Vision is mirial software but old version. not yet upgrade. Xmeeting for Mac.

All of Z4 and Sprint don't have video mail formal. P3 has PurpleMail (Video Mail) formal.

I like Skype but don't have 10-digit phone number feature.

Back