Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Do not know for sure

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • No, scare to trust the banks that will happen to you

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes, trust the banks for some reasons

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
No! I don't trust the banks! I prefer CASH. The bank have been hurting my life many times!

When I was very young, I was in the motorcycle accident and we sue that person who cause the accident, and now I am adult. I want that money back to me, but that money is stuck in my parent's bank and they WON'T let me to have that money, we have been fighting MANY times, and I give up things that I always wanted for my life. I only want a cute little home with that money, that's all I want, but right now I am stuck with biggest crazy dramatically finanically life like own a big land with mobile home on, we plan to build the condo on it, but right now I have the income troubles and stuff.

If there is NO bank then that kind of thing would NEVER HAPPENED! My parents would just give me that money very respectfully...

*sighs* I can't wait to sell that land and trying to force my parents to give the money that are belong to me. If they refuse, I am going to sue them without mercy. I know it's very sad to sue my very lovely own parents.

Bank ruin everything.

I don't understand how the settlement arrangement is the fault of the bank. That sounds like something that was set up by the insurance company and your parents.

I don't understand how the settlement arrangement is the fault of the bank. That sounds like something that was set up by the insurance company and your parents.

I didn't mean to blame on bank for our family situation, I was actually saying that my parents are using the bank to stop me from having my money with me and use the bank to control me the way how my parents want me to be. They want me to be a rich, clean, smart man, while I was very compassion, calm, independent person. We have very oddly relationship between me and my parents.

I understand about people want the bank for their own saving, loans, etc. The bank are very wonderful for that, but not good for people to use the bank and control others..

No! I don't trust the banks! I prefer CASH. The bank have been hurting my life many times!

When I was very young, I was in the motorcycle accident and we sue that person who cause the accident, and now I am adult. I want that money back to me, but that money is stuck in my parent's bank and they WON'T let me to have that money, we have been fighting MANY times, and I give up things that I always wanted for my life. I only want a cute little home with that money, that's all I want, but right now I am stuck with biggest crazy dramatically finanically life like own a big land with mobile home on, we plan to build the condo on it, but right now I have the income troubles and stuff.

If there is NO bank then that kind of thing would NEVER HAPPENED! My parents would just give me that money very respectfully...

*sighs* I can't wait to sell that land and trying to force my parents to give the money that are belong to me. If they refuse, I am going to sue them without mercy. I know it's very sad to sue my very lovely own parents.

Bank ruin everything.

I'm on your side about rather to buy expensive stuff via real cash or credit card, no more debit card for me because they screw me up at bank and wouldn't work on debit machine too.

You are bullshitting us..... NO such thing about credits has nothing to do with checking accounts... you BS

You're partly right, some banks do check ur credits before opening new acct, my Academy Bank don't, just open new acct instantly.

You are bullshitting us..... NO such thing about credits has nothing to do with checking accounts... you BS

It is not bullshit. In the facts bank check their credit reports for the reason why???? because problem with bounce checks so often.......banks is sort of afraid loose money that people run away without being make payment owe the balance.

It is not bullshit. In the facts bank check their credit reports for the reason why???? because problem with bounce checks so often.......banks is sort of afraid loose money that people run away without being make payment owe the balance.

Not all banks check people's credits. When I opened a new acct with Academy Bank, they don't check my credit. :o

Here's some food for thought; ;)

Currently, FDIC reserves stand at $50.7 billion dollars. This financial reserve is primarly funded by bank premiums the FDIC charges for deposit insurance. Congress does not appropriate funds to support FDIC.
FDIC 2006 Financial Highlights

However, there are $6.4 trillion dollars worth of deposits at banking institutions all over the U.S., of which the FDIC insures against loss. The premium to deposit insurance ratio now stands at a measly .7869%!
FDIC 2006 National Totals

What if there was a catastrophic bank failure? A series of bank failures? The FDIC reserves could well be easily wiped out in no time flat. What does that mean? The U.S. taxpayer may have to fund a bailout should the FDIC reserves fall short in such a scenario. Or... Congress could find that no taxpayer bailout may be adequate in addressing huge financial losses resulting from a catastrophic scenario. In that case, many U.S. depositors may well kiss their deposit funds sayonara.

Granted, this scenario sounds so unlikely, and may well never happen. I certainly hope it doesn't happen! However, I am under no illusions that the FDIC will insure my funds currently on deposit with a U.S. bank, should there be a systemic and catastrophic bank failure. The key here is to diversify your cash holdings into stocks, bonds, mutual funds, foreign currency, Treasury holdings, etc.

(Formerly Eyeth.)

Here's another write-up about the pitfalls of believing in FDIC:

Deady Assumption 5:My Bank Accounts are Fully Insured

Like him, I do believe that my deposits are fully insured at my bank under FDIC. However, I'm under no illusions if there's a mammoth financial crisis affecting banks nationwide. Hence, diversfication is always good to have in managing one's financial portfolio.

I didn't mean to blame on bank for our family situation, I was actually saying that my parents are using the bank to stop me from having my money with me and use the bank to control me the way how my parents want me to be. They want me to be a rich, clean, smart man, while I was very compassion, calm, independent person. We have very oddly relationship between me and my parents.

I understand about people want the bank for their own saving, loans, etc. The bank are very wonderful for that, but not good for people to use the bank and control others..

I can understand your feeling, Puyo. It shows how much your parents care about you and fix your safety for your future. I know they are suppose to give money back to you since you are an adult but I think they have good reason why they won't give your money back to you yet. I would suggest you to sit and have a good talk with your parents about this and ask them when will they give your money back to you.

I fix the money with bond interests, my boys got from their Grandparents until they are 18 years old because I concern their safety.

I can understand your feeling, Puyo. It shows how much your parents care about you and fix your safety for your future. I know they are suppose to give money back to you since you are an adult but I think they have good reason why they won't give your money back to you yet. I would suggest you to sit and have a good talk with your parents about this and ask them when will they give your money back to you.

I fix the money with bond interests, my boys got from their Grandparents until they are 18 years old because I concern their safety.

Thank you for the advice, but I already got used with it because I have been talking with my parents about my money since I was 15 years old. Most of the time, I won the discuss, but my parents just kept go away from the agreement with me and find other way to stop me from having my money. For example...

Right after I graduated, I was planning to buy a mobile home on the park, and go to the college, but me and my parents have been arguing about buying a mobile home, then my decision was messed up, thus I bought a house in Salem, Oregon. But I don't like Salem and decide to move back to Vancouver, and have been staying with my parents for one year because there is no house that I can afford in Vancouver, I also still arguing with my parents about buying a mobile home on the park, for one year. Imagine... Now I ended up living on a big land with mobile home on, I am stuck with my two roommates, and had to give my car up because of my monthly payment trouble. Those life is not thing that I want to live. My parents are just making my life so complicated and makes me feel like they cut one of my hand and refuse to give me my hand back.

Anyway, so their second chance was over. When we complete our plan with the land, if they still refuse to hand me my money, I have to sue them, I have no choice.

I hope your good luck with your sons :) I am not against about between parents and children money business, but I don't like when parents take too much control on the children and pressuring on the children to live in the life that children never dream of. Money can break the relationship like me and my parents, we are very close to break the relationship even the money is only one issue between our relationship. So be careful. :hug:

vote >> Yes, trust the banks for some reasons

My two trusted friends who are Assistant Vice President and Vice President.
One of them signing!!! :):):)

Thank you for the advice, but I already got used with it because I have been talking with my parents about my money since I was 15 years old. Most of the time, I won the discuss, but my parents just kept go away from the agreement with me and find other way to stop me from having my money. For example...

Right after I graduated, I was planning to buy a mobile home on the park, and go to the college, but me and my parents have been arguing about buying a mobile home, then my decision was messed up, thus I bought a house in Salem, Oregon. But I don't like Salem and decide to move back to Vancouver, and have been staying with my parents for one year because there is no house that I can afford in Vancouver, I also still arguing with my parents about buying a mobile home on the park, for one year. Imagine... Now I ended up living on a big land with mobile home on, I am stuck with my two roommates, and had to give my car up because of my monthly payment trouble. Those life is not thing that I want to live. My parents are just making my life so complicated and makes me feel like they cut one of my hand and refuse to give me my hand back.

Anyway, so their second chance was over. When we complete our plan with the land, if they still refuse to hand me my money, I have to sue them, I have no choice.

I hope your good luck with your sons :) I am not against about between parents and children money business, but I don't like when parents take too much control on the children and pressuring on the children to live in the life that children never dream of. Money can break the relationship like me and my parents, we are very close to break the relationship even the money is only one issue between our relationship. So be careful. :hug:

Yes I can understand where you come from and agree with you on this. Yes I would not do that to my both sons. They will get money when they are 18 years old. (They didn´t know that we put money to add bond interest in their names until they are 18 years old). If I am your mother then I would give money to you at legal age 18 because the money, you get the claim from insurance is belongs to you, not mine. Yes I has to agree with you that money could damage the relationship and friendship bond. I would advise you to check with lawyer for the advice first before you make a legal against your parents or not.

Good Luck :hug:

Yes I can understand where you come from and agree with you on this. Yes I would not do that to my both sons. They will get money when they are 18 years old. (They didn´t know that we put money to add bond interest in their names until they are 18 years old). If I am your mother then I would give money to you at legal age 18 because the money, you get the claim from insurance is belongs to you, not mine. Yes I has to agree with you that money could damage the relationship and friendship bond. I would advise you to check with lawyer for the advice first before you make a legal against your parents or not.

Good Luck :hug:

Thanks for the advice again :hug:

I find that interesting because I have a deaf friend who have a similar problem. After her parents died, she forced to sell the house because her property tax was too high. She found a house in other state. Actually, her brother and sister bought and own the house for her. I find that strange. She has SSDI and has a 14 years old teenager. She is still looking for a job for two years. She was layoff from her job that she worked for 10 years. Some companies do not want to hire over 40 years old especially deaf.

It made me think that your parents think of you less because it is simple that you are deaf. It seems that your brother or sister will be in charge of the money without your name on the will, and worse not owning a house - like my friend's situation above.

Hiring a lawyer is a bad idea because your lawyer will charge you a large percent of a fee. This will make your family hate you. Most lawyers do not care you or anyone. Believe me. It is a horrible so it is not worth to get a lawyer. You will lose between (?) 35% to 60% percent of your money. If you really need a lawyer so badly, you can ask him/her for a cap fee before you hire so that it will save you some money but no guarantee because the lawyer will seek your bank account first.

I think that you should wait a little bit longer. Actually, you are too young right now. :ty:

Not all banks check people's credits. When I opened a new acct with Academy Bank, they don't check my credit. :o

When someone start application for open checking account and bank officer look at their computer but they don't tell you cause they see your record clean. If they notice your record is bad then they will tell you..... nope we cannot processing for your application open checking account.

PS Today most banks is very fuss and picky. not like in 20 years ago.

>>>>I voted NO for trusting your bank or any banks!!!!! Anyway, me and my wife gets SSI/SSA each monthly and we do not trust banks for direct deposit b/c of they can deducting our SSI/SSA each monthly if we don't do the proper of balance on our checkbook and plus the fees on ATM's and monthly fees (one from direct deposit which does not charge it - ofc and the other without direct deposit that does do the fees) that messed up real good... so We had to close BOA account for good.... But how we cash our currently SSI/SSA each monthly - Simply, We go to the WinCo Food Store (in the west coast only) to cash our checks there and they only charge 5 dollars to get the WinCo Food Coins toward purchase groceries per checks....And we use the money order that cost us .25 cents per order and .41 cents stamps and we filled it out and mailed them out at the same store in the same day. And also for Albertson's food store they charge fee of $1.00 per hundreds on each of your checks. That's what we do cashing our checks there than using BOA and WM (washington mutual) banks....

When someone start application for open checking account and bank officer look at their computer but they don't tell you cause they see your record clean. If they notice your record is bad then they will tell you..... nope we cannot processing for your application open checking account.

PS Today most banks is very fuss and picky. not like in 20 years ago.

I'm in processing of bankruptcy and I had to change to new bank to open checking acct and my bank doesn't required to check credit so all bank varies.

Back