Do you support abortion as

• a legal?

Votes: 39 63.9%
  • an illegal?

Votes: 22 36.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or what if the mother has a terminal disease that can be easily transmitted to the child?

You're right about that...I would go for Abortion if that would to happen. I'm a gene carrier of CF (Cystic Fibrosis) and we found out that there's a chance of my child having it so I had my husband test for CF genes in his DNA and luckily He's not a carrier of CF so we have no chances of having children with CF. Only thing that is for sure that my children would also have gene carrier of CF.

But I totally agree with you Byrdie...I completely forgot about that one. I would go for abortion due to those cases as I do not want to see the parents and children suffer.

You're right about that...I would go for Abortion if that would to happen. I'm a gene carrier of CF (Cystic Fibrosis) and we found out that there's a chance of my child having it so I had my husband test for CF genes in his DNA and luckily He's not a carrier of CF so we have no chances of having children with CF. Only thing that is for sure that my children would also have gene carrier of CF.

But I totally agree with you Byrdie...I completely forgot about that one. I would go for abortion due to those cases as I do not want to see the parents and children suffer.

There you go. There are many reasons that a woman would choose an abortion. It is not for us to judge those reasons, but simply to support her right to do so.

I guess some people will never get it...

If abortion was to be illegal. Many more will die!!!

My fellow former Embryo's. Let is be thankful we were not aborted and mindful of all those Embryo's not so fortunate as us. :)

I have to say I don't feel that way at all.

Actually, I would feel AWFUL if the ONLY reason my mom continued her pregnancy because she was FORCED to. Instead she kept me because she WANTED me.

I support abortion if only if a women was raped, or if the fetus is putting the mother's life in danger. That's the only two reasons I would support Abortion. If a women had sex and therefore forgot about condom or birth control then she finds out she's pregnant....I'm against her having abortion just because of her mistake. The fetus shouldn't have to pay for her/his mother's mistake. The women should accept the concenqences and learn from it by going through the pregnancy and raise the child or give the child to adoption.

Abortion is taking responsibility and accepting your consequences. Just because it's an action you don't like, doesn't make it "not accepting your consequences."

I support abortion if only if a women was raped, or if the fetus is putting the mother's life in danger. That's the only two reasons I would support Abortion. If a women had sex and therefore forgot about condom or birth control then she finds out she's pregnant....I'm against her having abortion just because of her mistake. The fetus shouldn't have to pay for her/his mother's mistake. The women should accept the concenqences and learn from it by going through the pregnancy and raise the child or give the child to adoption.

Same here but I was totally speechless after saw post about genetic disease that can easily transmit to child.

I'm really don't care if abortion is fully legalized but it doesn't bother me.

Increase of child with genetic disease could leading to skyrocket of medical cost, except for countries with universal health care.

Or what if the mother has a terminal disease that can be easily transmitted to the child?

:h5: we delivered the message package spankin' good byrd!
oops, did I say that out loud?

Remember, you can only have abortion, or you can't, simple rule.
Currently it's allowed in USA under specific condition, but every woman gets her choice in that condition. If we turn it around and make it No abortion to everyone, except those with specific problems, then it will be a lot worse than it is now..

Also, I tried to prevent myself from posting VERY graphical images that would make people throw up or think twice. Some of these pictures are just watered down..

Last edited:
I do NOT for any reason believe in abortions. That's just my opinion

A mother with HIV/AIDS that has no access to adequate medications should go ahead and give birth to a baby with HIV???

Again--who is going to support this baby if the mother can't due to her health???

I have to say I don't feel that way at all.

Actually, I would feel AWFUL if the ONLY reason my mom continued her pregnancy because she was FORCED to. Instead she kept me because she WANTED me.

Excellent point.

A mother with HIV/AIDS that has no access to adequate medications should go ahead and give birth to a baby with HIV???

Again--who is going to support this baby if the mother can't due to her health???

Evidently, there are some out there that are not considering the tremendous suffering and pain that is involved in end of life with AIDS, as well.

I am pretty sure that somebody has already posted similar comments to what I'm posting but I wanted to share my opinions.

I am generally against abortions but I hate to say it, abortions should be legal. BUT I absolutely think they should not be used as a birth control method. I am all for supporting birth control pills.

The only reason why I support the legalization of abortions is to avoid back-alley "illegal" abortions. I'd rather have a professional to abort the embryo rather than a scumbag just looking for a way to earn some extra cash.

I also think there should be some restrictions on when to abort the embryo.

Evidently, there are some out there that are not considering the tremendous suffering and pain that is involved in end of life with AIDS, as well.

No they're not and it ain't a pleasant experience.

This is where emotional thinking and logical thinking needs to be separated bigtime.

Nobody and I mean nobody cannot force any mother to make a decision.

Honestly anybody cannot realistically expect a mother with a debilitating disease to carry on the pregnancy and knowing she will transmit her disease to the baby.

It's unrealistic to expect the mother to be happy during her pregnancy knowing she won't live long to see her baby grow.

This is where her own health comes first before her fetus.

Many people dont believe in abortion and are against them..fine...just apply that belief to yourselves only, not on others.

This is where emotional thinking and logical thinking needs to be separated bigtime.

Nobody and I mean nobody cannot force any mother to make a decision.

Honestly anybody cannot realistically expect a mother with a debilitating disease to carry on the pregnancy and knowing she will transmit her disease to the baby.

It's unrealistic to expect the mother to be happy during her pregnancy knowing she won't live long to see her baby grow.

This is where her own health comes first before her fetus.

Unfortunately this is the scenario that is going on around the world--especially in hard hit areas where HIV/AIDS is the norm.

They already have inadequate medical care and by not permitting abortions--the disease cycle.....just continues. *smh*

Unfortunately this is the scenario that is going on around the world--especially in hard hit areas where HIV/AIDS is the norm.

They already have inadequate medical care and by not permitting abortions--the disease cycle.....just continues. *smh*

It's usually the healthy ones that expects the infected ones to carry on.

Absolutely. Feeling that you are better able to make decisions for another than they are for themselves is usually a sign of insecurity.

Or a need to control other people's lives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back