Do you support abortion as

• a legal?

Votes: 39 63.9%
  • an illegal?

Votes: 22 36.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You still don't know. That's your way of thinkin' and that's what it makes you to say these things. I see and think the opposite. I don't think and see the same as you.

I don't think you see where I am standin'. And, of course I am still standin' on the ground as firm - your statement don't change my mind.

Therefore no, there're plenty of reliable links everywhere in politicial sub-forum about Palin and her plan for USA.

Of course, I am aware about the " choices " that the people have the right to make...but, then after people have had their fill of bad choices and bad results, to put them through a rigorous restrainin' program. Even in this restrainin' phase, free choice is still very much in play and at the end of it will be your consequences ... whether it be good or bad cause. Your consequences will tell you why when it comes out around you and in your life. It is YOU who make it and it will give you the result. It will tell you if, you did the right thing that you make or not. It's all about your decisions. It's your choice to live in peace if, you make the right decision or not.... or let it chasin' after you to bug you ( your conscience ) for the rest of your life when you realize that you don't make your result right. Once your result is not right, you screw and you will not have that peace.

I don't support abortion. I want that peace in my life by makin' the right decisions. I don't want the bad result happen in my life, knowin' that once it happens, then it will happen again. It will not leave you, it will stay with you for the rest of your life.

And you are free to make choices for yourself. You are free to choose not to have an abortion. However, you are not free to make choices for anyone else. Nor do you have the freedom to determine which personal choices of another are good or bad. You only have the right to apply such judgement to your own personal choices.

And you are free to make choices for yourself. You are free to choose not to have an abortion. However, you are not free to make choices for anyone else. Nor do you have the freedom to determine which personal choices of another are good or bad. You only have the right to apply such judgement to your own personal choices.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you understand where I stand.

We understand perfectly where you stand. You wish to have Roe V Wade overturned, which will remove the choice regarding reproductive health from women.

How do you think that it will affect people's children and children's future children ? There is a danger of becomin' quite literally a de-moralized society, where nobody will tell the truth anymore about what's good and bad, right and the wrong. That's why the children are growin' up without boundaries, thinkin' they can do as they please, and no adult will intervene to stop them - includin' often their parents.

Is that how pro-choicers want their children to grow up like this, so the children can be an equal as adults as their own rights/choices ? You want the children to grow up fast, don't you ? And, where did " restrain " go ?

Children will look up at their parents as example and will follow the same in their parents' shoes. You wanna to give the children MORE rights than the parents by allowin' them to do what ever they want ?

Do you want them to have sex at early age ? How about gettin' a job at early age ? Vote ? Marriage under the age of 18 ? It's the parents who taught their children what parents think it's okay to have or to do, just because of the choices and rights they could give to them.

Your post doesn't make sense at all. How are all those things related to my post?

I don't think u understand the consequences of overturning Roe vs. Wade

By doing that, it will bring back back alley abortions like before Row vs. Wade was upheld. Women in dire situations will do what they want with their OWN bodies even if they have to risk their lives by getting back alley abortions.

What u said in this post has absulotely nothing to do with what I mean about women's rights. Totally wayyy off the mark.

Your post doesn't make sense at all. How are all those things related to my post?

Maybe, we don't see the exactly the same. I am lookin' at children by how the adults affect them. Yes, I know what you are talkin' about. Children are my main concern.

I don't think u understand the consequences of overturning Roe vs. Wade

Oh, yes I do. Don't get me wrong, but I do understand perfectly well what the consequences are.

By doing that, it will bring back back alley abortions like before Row vs. Wade was upheld. Women in dire situations will do what they want with their OWN bodies even if they have to risk their lives by getting back alley abortions.

What u said in this post has absulotely nothing to do with what I mean about women's rights. Totally wayyy off the mark.

Yes, it does. I am speakin' of the whole package.

Wow... you guys assumed me for take a woman's choice and thought I was not "satisfied"?? :shock: I never thought of that way for one moment... Wow. Okay... I was being ranted and upset, so I apologized if I made you guys upset... Right now, I'm so exhausted, so I'm done here now for real. :dizzy: =_=

As for the club, I settled some rules FOR club only. Number three is referred to the club alone... Not in threads or anywhere else. ^_^;;

A person can not be called him/herself if this person bombs any abortion clinic. What if they do, they're not a pro-life, period. End of discussion. :)

Okay... I'd rather to get move on for now. This is my last post, I'm not goin' to come back here anyway. So I'm outta of here. Bye thread.

Peace.

I noticed that you live in Oregon, just across the river from me. And I also know that a pregnancy center was torched in Lebanon, Oregon....

FBI offers $5,000 reward in arson
By Rachel Beck, Lebanon Express writer

Motive behind fire at Pregnancy Alternatives Center still unknown

The FBI's Portland Division is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for the arson fire that damaged Lebanon's Pregnancy Alternatives Center, the agency announced Sept. 18.

Investigators have concluded that the fire that damaged the Pregnancy Alternatives Center building at 136 W. Vine St. the morning of Sept. 10 was caused by arson.

Investigators do not know the motive for the fire. According to a press release from the FBI, investigators "are looking at all possibilities, including whether the arsonist(s) set the fire because they falsely believed the clinic provides abortion services; or because they knew the clinic counsels against abortions; or some other as yet undetermined reason."

The FBI has concurrent jurisdiction to investigate the case with local authorities under the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances (FACE) Act.

Anyone with information about the fire, including observations of anything or anyone suspicious in the area between late evening Sept. 9 and early morning Sept. 10, is asked to contact Sgt. Kevin Martinez at 258-4305 or Detective Dustin Wyatt at 258-4319; the FBI in Eugene at 541-343-5222 during normal business hours; or the Portland FBI office at 503-224-4181, 24 hours a day.

Crews from the Lebanon Fire District (LFD) responded at 5:52 a.m. to a 911 call about a structure fire at the location. Upon arrival, firefighters observed smoke and flames showing from the roof and a window.

The building, which was unoccupied at the time, received heavy damage to the front entrance and attic, with less extensive damage throughout.

A second alarm brought assistance from the Albany, Sweet Home, Brownsville and Scio departments. A total of 16 fire trucks and 29 personnel from Lebanon, Albany and Sweet Home responded to the scene, with Brownsville and Scio covering the LFD area during the incident.

The fire initially was labeled “suspicious.” According to a press release from the Lebanon Police Department (LPD), the fact that the facility is a women's health clinic prompted the Lebanon police and fire departments to mutually request assistance from the Oregon State Police, the Oregon State Fire Marshall,

the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF).

“We are in charge of the criminal investigation based on the fact that we have determined clearly that it is an arson,” said LPD Capt. Mike Schulte. Other agencies continue to assist, but mostly on an as-needed basis, Schulte said.

“Pretty much they have done their deed for us, which was a great asset to have,” he said.

Schulte declined to comment on how or where the fire may have started. Asked if there was evidence of a break-in, he replied, “We are looking at that possibility just because of what we are seeing at the scene and the way the fires were started.”

The Center has been at the location for 19 years. Services offered by the non-profit agency include pregnancy tests, counseling, prenatal education and baby and maternal clothing, all free of charge. The Christian organization opposes abortion and does not perform them, nor does it refer clients to abortion providers.

Representatives from the Center could not be reached for comment by press time.

One firefighter was injured during firefighting operations when he tripped over a hose. He was transported to Lebanon Community Hospital with a leg injury and was released later the same day.

The building and the area of Second Street surrounding the scene was blocked off Sept. 10 until about 7 p.m., due to the fire and emergency vehicles at the site, Schulte said.

In the afternoon, investigators called the LFD for a rekindle.

“That was a pile of papers that had some trapped embers in it that started smoldering,” said LFD Chief Dan Woodson, adding that the department extinguished the smoke with “about a gallon of water.”

Arson is a felony charge, Schulte said, plus “there's the potential that this thing could still go federal.”

Schulte could not think of any arson investigations of this magnitude the LPD has conducted in recent years. He doesn't expect this case to wrap up any time soon.

“This is going to be a long and extensive investigation,” he said.

This article was updated on Sept. 18

Lebanon Express: Top Story

We understand perfectly where you stand. You wish to have Roe V Wade overturned, which will remove the choice regarding reproductive health from women.

the day it comes to overturning Roe v. Wade.... I fear for the future of America. We are going forward, not backward. I've already explained in great length about this. I'll summarize.

We came too far to this point. Many battles were fought on street and at courts to have a freedom of rights.

1. Freedom of Speech - You are free to say whatever you want
2. Freedom of Religion - You are free to practice any type of religion you want
3. Women's Suffrage - Women are free from discrimination
4. Roe v. Wade - Women are free to choose for themselves
5. many many more...

So Maria, why would you want to erode such freedom of choice especially Roe v. Wade? What you wish for frightens me. I fear for women especially for my female friends, colleagues, female relatives, gf, and my future daughters/niece. Women's (including teen moms) lives will be in jeopardy - either death by pregnancy or dirty illegal clinic. :|

the day it comes to overturning Roe v. Wade.... I fear for the future of America. We are going forward, not backward. I've already explained in great length about this. I'll summarize.

We came too far to this point. Many battles were fought on street and at courts to have a freedom of rights.

5. many many more...

So Maria, why would you want to erode such freedom of choice especially Roe v. Wade? What you wish for frightens me. I fear for women especially for my female friends, colleagues, female relatives, gf, and my future daughters/niece. Women's (including teen moms) lives will be in jeopardy - either death by pregnancy or dirty illegal clinic. :|

:gpost:

:) Highly unlikely but one never knows....:lol:

I'm thinking an arson committed by pro-lifers to make it look as if pro-choicers targeted this clinic because they counsel against abortions. Close?

5. many many more...

The above should be posted to all pro-lifers......

Hmmm hmmmm....are you thinking what I am thinking? :hmm:

:) Highly unlikely but one never knows....:lol:

“The temptation to form premature theories upon insufficient data is the bane of our profession.” - Sherlock Holmes
16i78gg.jpg

“The temptation to form premature theories upon insufficient data is the bane of our profession.” - Sherlock Holmes
16i78gg.jpg

It is not a theory. It is a hypothesis.

:laugh2: let's just pretend he said hypothesis instead of theory :laugh2:

:laugh2:

But hypothesis is the means by which we test, and the outgrowth of this additional data gathering is theory development. By nature, a hypothesis is lacking in data. That is why it is the foundation of research. By the time we reach the theory stage, we have sufficient data. So, not having sufficient data at the hypothesis stage is a good thing. It is what motivates further research and data collection.

But I think we just went off topic. Of course, this is just a hypothesis.

Why don't we take women's rights away to vote, to work, to pursue a career while we are at it? :roll:
Yeah, And men can drag women around by the hair as they walk with their knuckles dragging on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back