Do you support a cure for deafness?

Do you support a cure for deafness?

• Total voters
No egocentrism here. Just that there are people who do see blindness as not a good thing to have.

Well, that sounds like a personal decision to me..I cant change thier views, can I?

A link is not a specific answer in....here. Nice try tho'.

So you're telling me that your link in other thread is not a specific answer to my specific question?

Double Standard, yes? :hmm:

I didn't vote because none of the polls reflected my answer.

I would say yes, but it would have to be done only with the express consent of the patient. No eugenicist attempts to "eradicate deafness" or any crap like that. Just for people who want their hearing back to have the choice to get it back, without any pressure on culturally Deaf people to strip themselves of their identity.

I would not really support it simply because diversity is a good thing. It makes us innovative and better able to meet future challenges.

I would not really support it simply because diversity is a good thing. It makes us innovative and better able to meet future challenges.

:gpost: I am with you on that one. :D

I would say yes, but it would have to be done only with the express consent of the patient. No eugenicist attempts to "eradicate deafness" or any crap like that. Just for people who want their hearing back to have the choice to get it back, without any pressure on culturally Deaf people to strip themselves of their identity.

Aka "I don't give a damn" option I said?

hence.... a poorly constructed thread and a poll in desperate attempt to prove me wrong :lol:

If I am a good terp & a good friend why can't I be accepted into the deaf culture?
Gods I am floored, absolutely floored that you can be so discriminatory.

Dont be floored..it is nothing new under the sun.

What the hell is that word...you mean pessimist?

No I meant what I said. This post wasn't regarding you though. It dealt with another post that said stem cells would not work

If I am a good terp & a good friend why can't I be accepted into the deaf culture?

Dont be floored..it is nothing new under the sun.

Julie, eventually you will become old and cynical, and nothing will surprise or shock you that much. Life is a learning experience, and it is kind of fun if you just roll with the punches! :)

I voted no and I don't have to give a reason. I was born with this problem and it got progressivly worse. In my opinion, "If the Good L*RD wanted me to be different than I am now, he would have done it, I am the way I am, because that's the way he made me."

You are not so nuts, Juli. It takes but a few waves of the fingers over the keyboard to determine stuff. Anyway, welcome!

Julie, eventually you will become old and cynical, and nothing will surprise or shock you that much. Life is a learning experience, and it is kind of fun if you just roll with the punches! :)

I am trying Bott. He got me right in the heart with that one.

since you are coming to AD Happy House next Saturday.... you will see how accepted you are in deaf culture :)

do come for next month NYC DPHH. There are a handful of terps like you and we enjoyed socializing with them. They're on our FB too.

Terps + Deafies = :grouphug:

:)

I voted no and I don't have to give a reason. I was born with this problem and it got progressivly worse. In my opinion, "If the Good L*RD wanted me to be different than I am now, he would have done it, I am the way I am, because that's the way he made me."

Yahoo, that is exactly right and I am very happy you said that. Thank you. :D

since you are coming to AD Happy House next Saturday.... you will see how accepted you are in deaf culture :)

do come for next month NYC DPHH. There are a handful of terps like you and we enjoyed socializing with them. They're on our FB too.

Terps + Deafies = :grouphug:

:)

YAY! :ty:

Back