Do you remember your childhood?

I remember my Uncle, who lives in the New England area, telling me that I had a deprived childhood since my vacations and such never involved going to the Historical places such as the Liberty Bell, Statue of Liberty and Lincoln's Memorial. I told him no, we didn't have the money to travel to places such as that, but that we did go to Disney World (ticket stubs I have were for $5 entrance fees), Circus World, Sea World, Masterpiece Gardens, Kennedy Space Center, The beach every summer, and we got to tour Bok Tower and all kinds of other fun style vacations that created lasting memories. He then went on about how my father was not good enough for my mother and that she should have left him early on in their marriage. I replied back that at least my parents had just celebrated 25 years together and he was on wife #3 and ex #1 had complete custody of his foster daughter, and his brother was on wife #3 as well and to keep his opinions to himself. He shut up after that.

I can remember a lot of things from 2 and 3, but they are just snippets, like snapshots of real memory: Silent images, feelings, laughter, my mother's voice. That kind of stuff. I do remember a lot from the age of 5 on though.

Now, if I could just remember where I put my damn keys...

I remember my first job at age 3...lol....instead of day care I went to work with my granddad. I was paid in candy. There were 2 plane crashes in my neighborhood when I was 3-5. I remember both vividly We lived real close to the Naval Air Station at the time.

Grand Prairie, TX Jet Fighter Crashes, Feb 1970 | GenDisasters ... Genealogy in Tragedy, Disasters, Fires, Floods

WOW!! Any Three year old kid would be lucky to have a job much less be paid in CANDY!! :giggle:

Oh wow.. Bet that was scary for you to see the planes crash.

I was almost 3, and remember clearly a big truck running over me. I do remember it like yesterday, because I was in shock, and did not even shed a tear. I like to tell a story all about it, and has a scar to show.

WOW!! Any Three year old kid would be lucky to have a job much less be paid in CANDY!! :giggle:

When I was in first grade or so, there was midair collision of 2 planes just a couple streets away from my school. Pieces fell down by us while we were out at recess! I never will forget that. It wasn't all over traumatic for me, but lots of parents coming to school to check on kids after seeing it on breaking news.

When I was in first grade or so, there was midair collision of 2 planes just a couple streets away from my school. Pieces fell down by us while we were out at recess! I never will forget that. It wasn't all over traumatic for me, but lots of parents coming to school to check on kids after seeing it on breaking news.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Small children tends to process things differently and do not understand the extent of the tragedy.

Yeah I do remember my childhood. :)

I do remember riding horse bareback when I was 4 or 5 years old on my own... while my uncle was walking a racing horse with halter and lead rope. (Uncle used to be a race horse trainer... he trains the racing horses and give them exercises, feed horses etc.)

Yeah I do remember my childhood. :)

I do remember riding horse bareback when I was 4 or 5 years old on my own... while my uncle was walking a racing horse with halter and lead rope. (Uncle used to be a race horse trainer... he trains the racing horses and give them exercises, feed horses etc.)

How lucky of you! See I have had a life depleted horse exposure. I kind of have a nasty allergy to them. As a teenager I thought I was in an invinceable phase so I went horse back riding in Bryce Canyon and ended up life flighted up to Salt Lake where I spent a couple days on a ventilator. (not my idea of invinceable) So I was advised to stay away from horses like Yersinia Pestis. (Gold star to first one who knows that)

How lucky of you! See I have had a life depleted horse exposure. I kind of have a nasty allergy to them. As a teenager I thought I was in an invinceable phase so I went horse back riding in Bryce Canyon and ended up life flighted up to Salt Lake where I spent a couple days on a ventilator. (not my idea of invinceable) So I was advised to stay away from horses like Yersinia Pestis. (Gold star to first one who knows that)

It's a bacteria.Plague.

I knew!.........I knew it would be YOU all along Botts :D ONE gold star coming up and a couple of free dinner buffet's at Cici's if I could come up with that, haha

I still miss grand-mère more than anybody else in the whole world!!!!!!!! My life was great until she passed away in 1989. Things just started falling apart from then on and I don't like thinking about it. My childhood was full of freedom, playing outside with barely any cars. I left the house at 8am and came back at 8pm :D Grand-mère home-made food was the best! And nothing compares to her food...

Great memories when I had my first rollerskates and walkman. I was the only kid in town having those along with a red bike!!!!!!!!! My all-time favorite! :D It brought me out onto many journeys LOL

Yes I think I have many good and bad memories from my childhood. I keep asking lot of questions about my childhood and my mom said, "how can you remember everything when you were a kid?! " :)

Yeah it was unforgettable..... I posted this in a thread months ago.....what I remember is my dad,uncles and granddad loading up the guns when the planes hit.........Now I had always thought they did that because they assumed we were under attack (during Vietnam) but in talking with my mother after I posted that they were actually loading up to go defend against looters......It knocked the power and phones out for a large area both times.

Back