Do you Like to fly?

Do you like to fly?

• Total voters
Yeah! You have to chew a gum. It will help you not get hurt your ears. When I was on flight. I wore my HA with turn off and stay ear molds in. It's not hurt me. Because I chewed a gum in same time.

Pity I usually dont chew gum but I will next time.

I voted I don't like the airport and planes because there's too much security and pretty boring. The only thing that are so good benefit from the planes is that it was the most fastest transportation available. But just beware, try to not eat too much before or during riding the plane because you will sit all the time and it will hurt your stomach because of foods in your stomach, sometimes I have to go to bathroom to fart alot.

Perhaps true so. I did order a few wine and liked it better which helped me relax on the air travel. Nice! You ought to try that especially in the evenings!

flying is alright as long its mostly smooth ride, i hate the turbelence ( sp?) dont like too much shaking lol

I agree. I don't like the turbulance. I also am not keen on taking off and landing. It doesn't freak me out, but at the same time, it's not pleasant for me, either.

I never have problem with fly's turbulence. My husband is work for Mechanic Engineer on plane. He said the turbulence isn't bother him at all.

I understand how do you feeling. Do you know why there is too much security?? Because of Terrorist. Remember 9/11? That's why our America want to be protect this country. In United Kingdom alert to all the countries and not use a liquids on plane. They banned all the liquids because of Terrorist attacked to United Kingdom. That's why! This is strict the law and government. I am sorry if you think plane is boring. Just look the land and nice view the earth.

I never have problem with bathroom. It was my last time trip to home from San Antonio, TX last 4 years ago.

I voted I don't like the airport and planes because there's too much security and pretty boring. The only thing that are so good benefit from the planes is that it was the most fastest transportation available. But just beware, try to not eat too much before or during riding the plane because you will sit all the time and it will hurt your stomach because of foods in your stomach, sometimes I have to go to bathroom to fart alot.

I understand how do you feeling. Do you know why there is too much security?? Because of Terrorist. Remember 9/11? That's why our America want to be protect this country. In United Kingdom alert to all the countries and not use a liquids on plane. They banned all the liquids because of Terrorist attacked to United Kingdom. That's why! This is strict the law and government. I am sorry if you think plane is boring. Just look the land and nice view the earth.

I never have problem with bathroom. It was my last time trip to home from San Antonio, TX last 4 years ago.

Ben Franklin once said "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"

Yeah the terrorists have done so many damage to our freedom on the planes, I wish they never do that, but oh well..

I love flying...it's really neat feeling.

My fav is taking off...I just love the speed when it takes off and I like seeing the city down below getting smaller and smaller until we're up above the clouds.

I really dispite landing...it hurts my ears every single time...the worst one was the landing to New Orleans in 2005, I have just recovered from a cold and Dad & I were going to New Orleans for CI conference where I can tell them my exprence with CI...anyways back to the topic, as we were decending to land New Orleans, I was littering crying my eyes out into my Dad's chest because the pain was so extreme and I couldn't stand it. People around us were asking my Dad if I was alright. He just told them that I just recovered from cold and therefore landing makes it harder on my ear due to ear pressure.

Another thing...the sercitery is kinda pain in the ass....but I can endure it...

But the trick is to chew gum or suck onto Starburst whenever we land. The most recent trip was in April going to Disneyworld for 15 days and that was awesome.

I've been flying ever since age of 2 and I love to travel...it's my fav thing to do. Preston doesn't really like flying but he'll fly to travel to places he wants to go. Heck he already been to Europe and Middle East...Lucky him. I only been to Mexico and most part of United States. We travel frequently in this family...My son has already been on flight 10 times and he's only two.

I look forward to going to Hawaii in June 2009 with my Husband for three weeks...how exciting!!!

Jolie77 - I love the view out of the window to see the city lights! I will be seeing some more when I fly out to Gold Coast in two weeks time! :) I love seeing the view of Sydney City, that's why I like catching flights from Sydney instead of Canberra and they are cheap too. I enjoy catching the flights, but sometimes aware about the 9/11 thing but I believe it is all in the past now noticing that the security is very strict here. I hope the security is stricter in USA.

Jolie77 - I love the view out of the window to see the city lights! I will be seeing some more when I fly out to Gold Coast in two weeks time! :) I love seeing the view of Sydney City, that's why I like catching flights from Sydney instead of Canberra and they are cheap too. I enjoy catching the flights, but sometimes aware about the 9/11 thing but I believe it is all in the past now noticing that the security is very strict here. I hope the security is stricter in USA.

The security in the airports across USA are quite strict. I flew yesterday from Cleveland, Ohio to Louisville, KY via layover in Charlotte, NC. The security checkpoint is not always fun but it is not too bad. I don't know how the securities does in Australia. Here in the USA, Before you enter the security checkpoint line, you are required to show your identification and boarding pass. When they let you in the line, They make you take your shoes off and put it in a bin along with your carry on baggage to go through the x-ray machine. They also make you walk through the metal detector. If the metal detector beeps, they will put you aside and start using the metal detector hand wand to scan your body. It depends at each airport because some of the time, the line can be really long. Some of the time it isn't.

Also, They will request you to put your checked baggage at a location somewhere nearby the check-in area where they have a huge x-ray machine to scan any bombs, chemicals, etc.

I remember I had a strange experience with the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) at the airport 3 years ago. I was following the procedures as I was told to do so. I took my flip-flops, carry on bag, coins and keys in the bin and walked through the metal detector. For some reason it beeped. So they asked me to step aside and they proceeded to use the hand wand to scan me. They didn't find anything on me and the next thing they did was to ask me to sit down and to lift my feet. They even scanned the bottom of my bare feet. At that moment, I thought it was odd to have my bare feet being scanned by the hand wand. I was thinking, Uhm... my foot is bare and what more could it be to this? However, it dawned on me that it is possible someone could put a pin or something on the sole of the feet (yes it'd be crazy but yeah, one could do it).

Anyhoo, If you're flying to Sydney and landing there at night time, Please do take some pictures because I'd love to see it! :)

The security in the airports across USA are quite strict. I flew yesterday from Cleveland, Ohio to Louisville, KY via layover in Charlotte, NC. The security checkpoint is not always fun but it is not too bad. I don't know how the securities does in Australia. Here in the USA, Before you enter the security checkpoint line, you are required to show your identification and boarding pass. When they let you in the line, They make you take your shoes off and put it in a bin along with your carry on baggage to go through the x-ray machine. They also make you walk through the metal detector. If the metal detector beeps, they will put you aside and start using the metal detector hand wand to scan your body. It depends at each airport because some of the time, the line can be really long. Some of the time it isn't.

Also, They will request you to put your checked baggage at a location somewhere nearby the check-in area where they have a huge x-ray machine to scan any bombs, chemicals, etc.

I remember I had a strange experience with the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) at the airport 3 years ago. I was following the procedures as I was told to do so. I took my flip-flops, carry on bag, coins and keys in the bin and walked through the metal detector. For some reason it beeped. So they asked me to step aside and they proceeded to use the hand wand to scan me. They didn't find anything on me and the next thing they did was to ask me to sit down and to lift my feet. They even scanned the bottom of my bare feet. At that moment, I thought it was odd to have my bare feet being scanned by the hand wand. I was thinking, Uhm... my foot is bare and what more could it be to this? However, it dawned on me that it is possible someone could put a pin or something on the sole of the feet (yes it'd be crazy but yeah, one could do it).

Anyhoo, If you're flying to Sydney and landing there at night time, Please do take some pictures because I'd love to see it! :)

Whoo, the security producures are different from what you have explained. I will have to explain again when I check it out in Sydney when I fly out- just to make sure.

Unfortunately, I am catching the Bus from canberra to Sydney Airport, but I will try and get a photo when I fly out. :smoking:

I used to have to take medication to knock me out before a flight--that's how freaked out I was about it. Then after 9/11, I flew twice within 6 months. Now, within the past couple of years, I haven't needed the meds. I'm only a little tense during takeoff. I'm more nervous about the car trip to the airport. I keep wondering if I'll remain this calm about flight forever, so I just take it one trip at a time.

Last edited:
I love flying, minus the turbulence. The best part of flying is when the plane approaches down to a city at night time and you're able to see the lights from all kinds of places. That part is just beautiful and it's one of my favorite part of why I like to fly. Also, When the plane takes off and lands, it's awesome to feel the rumble coming from the plane. :)

I love flying you took the words right out of my mouth :)

I have to agree with you on the seating soo scuntched bec soo little leg room to get comfy. I love the window seat and relax after visiting KY heehee I need to get my behind there again. I planned to this summer but my injury didn't permit me sciatic nerve is healing slowly. We will see in the months ahead smile.

I want to tell you what my hubby did recently when he
was flying from here NY to Texas to visit his daughter and
family. It was the first time he went thru the security with
his pacemaker and he has a card that he is supposed to show
the security people to prove that he has a pacemaker implanted,
well, sillyazz decided to not to do it! He was curious to see
what it does without showing them the card, well..the dang
alarms went off (ofc!) and really scared him and the guard!
He said...oh, oops, i forgot to tell you that i have pacemaker..
Oh boy! the guard got pissed off! and told him not ever, ever
do that again! It could cause real problems for his pacemaker!
Geez, i told him what a sillyazz he was..lol! They took him
thru a manual check..and let him thru.
He said he will not ever do that again...haha, that will teach
him! :roll:

I had my first airplane flight when my family and I were going to Florida to go to disneyworld for 4 days on my Fall break from school that lasts from Thursday to Monday or Tuesday. And I was so nervous about flying because it was my first time. So when we took off, i began to love it. So I love flying now. I haven't rode another flight..I want to again though lol

I absolutely HATE to fly. I had a bad experience with turbulance one time when I was in grade 10... that was over 10 years ago and it still stresses me. I still fly though...

I love to fly as well. Flew internationally. Sydney to Bangkok, Los Angeles, Florida, New York, Denver, London, Singapore, Auckland, Queenstown.
Airplanes are generally much safer thousand times over than driving a car.

Back