do you know what caused you to not hear?

You do know there is a "Quote" feature here, yes? According to my Mom, she contracted it 3 weeks before I was born, and that more than likely caused me to be born early-- I was born 3 weeks early. As for the case, it's very, very rare. I am one of a very few handful of people who can actually say this.

Fine there's your silly quote.

Yes I know there is a quote feature- I've used the internet for decades so I DO know my way around various forums. I just didn't feel like hitting QUOTE- just wanted to use Quick Reply. One does not HAVE to put a quote in every single reply!

Ah.. I was also born 3 weeks early (last minute tax deduction for my parents hehe).

in my case had accident became septic infection went everywhere including brain septcimia lost hearing happen 30yrs ago that history

Based on some posts I think he was born dead :eek:

Nope, but I had to be brought back to life quite some time ago, though. I was on the brink, but nope. *knocks on wood* the guy who collects souls is one ugly dude.

My mother was very sick with high fever but don't know the name what cause her to have high fever. She was 4 months pregnant with me when she contracted her high fever. She had been sick on and off back and forth from hospital to home (juggling between those two places) until I was born but my mother almost died after birth. I was okay. So the doctors were concerned and worked with my mother to bring her back. She was alive, thank goodness. I was born deaf and also I had pretty serious unbalanced in my head. I did not walk until I was about 4 or 5 years old. I looked down a lot to keep myself from falling down. Could not walk straight. Now at 68 years old, I am walking with walking cane so that I don't fall and hurt myself. I need it for balanced.

Most likely generic. Possibly a recessive gene that was "activated" by pregnancy to childbirth.

Most likely generic. Possibly a recessive gene that was "activated" by pregnancy to childbirth.

Or a dominant progressive hearing loss, considering that it is starting in your non child bearing teen daughter?

Grew up hearing. I had tinnitus starting around age 16 or so. Things really started sounding less clear about 2 years ago when I was about 22. The ENT said the tiny hairs in my cochlea are deteriorating as if it were old age. Runs in the family. I was never sick. Perfectly healthy, this is just how ears are in my family.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Or a dominant progressive hearing loss, considering that it is starting in your non child bearing teen daughter?

Her's is more conductive, I think. From her many ear infections and porforated eardrums. With one eardrum being replaced and is now thicker than a normal eardrum. I do have a sister who's had a hearing loss all her life though she's never had hearing aids.

BTW, my kid is no longer a teen. :o. Where have the years gone? :)

Do you know what color HA you will get , mine are purples , earmolds are too.

I am not going to get the ones with earmolds I can't stand anything in my hear so I figured I would get the ones from Sam's club that have the clear plastic just sitting in your ear. :cool2:

Mine has gone slowly. I got my first hearing aids after high school. My sister as well. We have puzzled over it. No one else in the family is hoh. We are both nearly profound now. I have a lot of distortion and tinnitis. She and I have way different ears too. My life has been way more noisy than hers. So my answer is I don't know.

Mine's unknown. Nothings really pinned down as to why. Mom thinks it's either due to illness when she was sick or due to her dropping me accidentally. I don't mean her dropping me when I was being born lol! Apparently I was having a dandy of a tantrum when I was still a baby and I squirmed out of her arms.

What's that? I googled it but not even google knows what it is.

Back