Do you have a contingency plan?

You have to admit that most people would think the above dishes (feet, gator tails, etc) are disgusting.

:dunno: I don't see a difference between gator or chicken or Pork.....As for pigs feet it is the pickled part I don't like.

I love Lowcountry cooking, especially coastal. Shrimp (local, wild) is my favorite. Catfish is good, too. Mustard-base BBQ pork. Red rice. :drool:

Ohh.. I had forgotten all about the mustard base BBQ pork.. I loved that frozen mustard based BBQ that I used to get at Harris & Teeter. It was a SC dish. I don't think it sells that dish anymore.

When I first moved to NC, I was surprised at all the BBQ wars in NC.. Some people like it done Eastern style, others like the Lexington style.

I'm from Virginia and we're big on ham - not BBQ. Smithfields are the best but oh so expensive! It costs too much to make good survival food. My family is big into blue crabs and we often have them done Tidewater style. Personally, I hate crabs so I don't eat them.

Ohh.. I had forgotten all about the mustard base BBQ pork.. I loved that frozen mustard based BBQ that I used to get at Harris & Teeter. It was a SC dish. I don't think it sells that dish anymore.

When I first moved to NC, I was surprised at all the BBQ wars in NC.. Some people like it done Eastern style, others like the Lexington style.

I'm from Virginia and we're big on ham - not BBQ. Smithfields are the best but oh so expensive! It costs too much to make good survival food. My family is big into blue crabs and we often have them done Tidewater style. Personally, I hate crabs so I don't eat them.

I grew up in Florida and my best friend's dad owned a fleet of shrimp boats. I grew up eating Lobster, crabs, shrimp and variety of deep sea fish. I have even eaten an octopus once.

tasted just like chicken ...... a rubber chicken.

I love Lowcountry cooking, especially coastal. Shrimp (local, wild) is my favorite. Catfish is good, too. Mustard-base BBQ pork. Red rice. :drool:

Carolina has the best wings too. I love the place "Carolina Wings" and Wild Wings (not to be confused with buffalo wild wings)

I grew up in Florida and my best friend's dad owned a fleet of shrimp boats. I grew up eating Lobster, crabs, shrimp and variety of deep sea fish. I have even eaten an octopus once.

I've had calamari in the past. That's Itlatin for squid and yes, squid also tastes like rubber chicken.

I always get diced octopus when I have "assorted sushi." Not my favourite. I like the taste, but not the texture... it's like chewing on an eraser.

I eat my lobster, mussels, and clam bellies when we visit family in Connecticut. My family makes an authentic clam "chowda" from a very old family recipe. Full of salt water and sand, ha, ha.

I've watched octopus get prepared; that was enough for me. Unlike squid, which is served as babies, the octopus was BIG, so it had to be cut up. Ugh!

I eat my lobster, mussels, and clam bellies when we visit family in Connecticut. My family makes an authentic clam "chowda" from a very old family recipe. Full of salt water and sand, ha, ha.

I've watched octopus get prepared; that was enough for me. Unlike squid, which is served as babies, the octopus was BIG, so it had to be cut up. Ugh!

I can't eat mollusks or clams very often cuz if I do, I get sick. Every time I eat fried clams, I end up getting sick which is too bad cuz I loved to eat them. :(

I wish I had that photo of my little sister and my brother in law with an ENORMOUS lobster that my brother in law caught that was as big as my little's sister's cat who's even bigger than a beagle. I'd love to show it to you.

So ..... if the SHTF, would you migrate to the ocean and find a boat?

This would avoid large groups of people, and put you near a food supply.

How about fresh water?

You would have to come to the mainland for that.

I can't eat mollusks or clams very often cuz if I do, I get sick. Every time I eat fried clams, I end up getting sick which is too bad cuz I loved to eat them. :(
Aww, that is too bad. :(

I think I'd go for a location that's in proxy to both fresh and sea water.

How about fresh water?

You would be the food source for all the mutant whales.

Plus read The Postman. You need to evolve with gills.

If SHTF, I'd certainly not go alone cuz there's safety in groups.

In gaming terms, there's a reason why I rarely ever solo pvp on my warlock on WoW.

How about fresh water?

I would head for the mountains.....I was there for Katrina....it was like a war zone for a year. Pure hell.

Back