Do you have a contingency plan?

Y'all know what grits are don't ya?

Yeah... Vancouver and Victoria folks are like that with snow too, like today, while the Albertan me is busy smacking his head against the wall.

LOL. Thats interesting. I take it that Victoria doesn't get a great deal of snow.

I remember my one of my terps telling me about the climate in Vancouver. He lives there now.

Rest of it ain't southern :lol:. My dad grew up in the panhandle though my history teacher wouldn't believe me when I told her that he hasn't lived in GA since he was 3 months old.
We lived in Pensacola for six years. It's really more like Alabama.

LOL. Thats interesting. I take it that Victoria doesn't get a great deal of snow.

I remember my one of my terps telling me about the climate in Vancouver. He lives there now.

Town only got one snowplow, and the last time they used it before 2008 was... in the early 90s.

Rest of it ain't southern :lol:. My dad grew up in the panhandle though my history teacher wouldn't believe me when I told her that he hasn't lived in GA since he was 3 months old.

Well, he hasn't lived there since he was 10. He says he hates Fla cuz of the heat.. That was before AC. :shock:

We lived in Pensacola for six years. It's really more like Alabama.

I will have to ask my Dad again exactly where he grew up in Fla cuz i don't remember the name of the town he told me about.

LoL. Well I hear a lot of people in Florida have eaten gator tails but then many Southerners don't consider Florida as part of the South despite it's geographical location.

Speaking of disgusting foods, my big sister says that my grandmother Smith used to serve my brother and my big sister frog legs.

There's a fish store down the road that sells frozen frog legs and I know a restaurant that sells them where my big sister lives.

Frog legs are very popular in France.

I wouldn't call gator tail disgusting.....not much different than lobster.....just a firmer texture.

Pickled Pigs feet are pretty bad though

Frog legs are very popular in France.

I wouldn't call gator tail disgusting.....not much different than lobster.....just a firmer texture.

Pickled Pigs feet are pretty bad though

I don't think pickled pig's feet are disgusting. :lol: I use hocks when I make soups and beans dishes.

You have to admit that most people would think the above dishes (feet, gator tails, etc) are disgusting.

I'm told my mother used to eat pickled pig feet when she was little.

Last edited:
I think the latest trend in discussing a contingency plan is that we need to be prepared to eat disgusting stuff to survive?
:lol:

What sort of things are edible in the wild? What would be safe to eat? Canned foods? What kind of plants can be cooked?

Can you eat ...... (GASP!) .... bugs? if so, what kind?

I don't think pickled pig's feet are disgusting. :lol: I use hocks when I make soups and beans dishes.

You have to admit that most people would think the above dishes (feet, gator tails, etc) are disgusting.

I'm told my mother used to eat pickled pig feet when she was little.

Speaking of ..ah.. interesting foods: I saw pig ears on sale at my grocery store and no we don't have a lot of Mexicans or other minorities here.

I think the latest trend in discussing a contingency plan is that we need to be prepared to eat disgusting stuff to survive?

What sort of things are edible in the wild? What would be safe to eat? Canned foods? What kind of plants can be cooked?

Make my bugs Thai! :laugh2: it's the only way you'll get me to eat 'em :P

that's why I have this book.... a gift to me from my best friend

41TUfHNDghL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

You're a fan of low country cooking? I'm not too familiar with Low Country dishes.
I love Lowcountry cooking, especially coastal. Shrimp (local, wild) is my favorite. Catfish is good, too. Mustard-base BBQ pork. Red rice. :drool:

Back