Do you greet your neighbors?

I noticed apt renters are less friendly. Townhouses it depend. foreigners are less less friendly.
Houses - same socioeconomic same values.
My neighborhood helped each other. Like we set up a weekly dinner schedule to bring to a neighbor who had cancer.

People are fine in my building now ,

It is funny when you grow up your parents tell you don't trust strangers and then parents see neighbors, they were like "waving hand" towards them. Kids would be like "ugh, I am confused now" :lol:

LOL!!! yeah that's TRUE. However, I did tell my kids not to enter anyone houses without telling me. SO I told kids, just to be friendly and waves but not enter their house at all.

Kids can figure out about trust or not to trust. It takes some times.

As for telling kids not to talk to strangers and us not modeling that by talking to our neighbors who are strangers is different. Yes, adults can find themselves in situations where the other person traps and harms them but it is less likely with neighbors than talking to a stranger driving by in a car.

That's because several of us who are parents are realizing how good we had it in the 70s and 80s when we would stay outside all day and come in when the street lights turn on. We are rebelling against keeping our children too sheltered so now we are starting letting them run around the neighborhoods unsupervised. We are tired of them being glued to tv, computers, video games, and phones all day. Kicking them out to explore!

You so right.i think in great danger of next generation living in total fear on therapy
it safer now than it was when I was kid,things out in the open we talk about child sexual abused when I was kid you either kept quiet or your father sorted them out or the worse scenario happened.
In today's world got mobile phones cameras ccctv kids are safer but there generation parents no fault of there own are neurotic.
I so glad had my kids back in the 80 I been blithering neurotic wreck if had them later

You so right.i think in great danger of next generation living in total fear on therapy
it safer now than it was when I was kid,things out in the open we talk about child sexual abused when I was kid you either kept quiet or your father sorted them out or the worse scenario happened.
In today's world got mobile phones cameras ccctv kids are safer but there generation parents no fault of there own are neurotic.
I so glad had my kids back in the 80 I been blithering neurotic wreck if had them later

I let my 10 year old son go out playing on our block with his friends. Tell him when the street lights go on, come home.

I just came back inside , a neighbor and I waved to one another and we spoke a little . A little wave can lead to little nice conversation . She was going to an appointment so we couldn't talk longer.

I have a super horrible neighbor. She had called the cops on us numbers of time for our dogs barking at the kids at the school next door. She has complained about our four wheeling trailer being in they way, she even puts letters in our mail box's saying our house is bring down the neighborhood, but we all smile and wave at her like some kind of messed up ritual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

The houses in suburban Carolina are quite distant from each other, it's rare one of us would catch a glimpse of the other to make a friendly gesture. So what we do is actually walk over and engage in a short conversation, still classy.

I noticed apt renters are less friendly. Townhouses it depend. foreigners are less less friendly.
Houses - same socioeconomic same values.
My neighborhood helped each other. Like we set up a weekly dinner schedule to bring to a neighbor who had cancer.

People are fine in my building now ,
Because they know to stir the pot and move.... lol homeowners cant just up and go.

I have a super horrible neighbor. She had called the cops on us numbers of time for our dogs barking at the kids at the school next door. She has complained about our four wheeling trailer being in they way, she even puts letters in our mail box's saying our house is bring down the neighborhood, but we all smile and wave at her like some kind of messed up ritual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app
Call your post office and tell them, they will send her a violation notice for touching your mailbox... its a Federal offense to touch a mailbox without a permit ... and you can nail her with the police for harassment too.

Call your post office and tell them, they will send her a violation notice for touching your mailbox... its a Federal offense to touch a mailbox without a permit ... and you can nail her with the police for harassment too.
and thats why when flyers are passed out they stick them in your door not the mailbox, you need a permit to put anything in mailboxes and it costs $$$$ so there is your recoures to stop your neighbor cold in her tracts.
Forgot to mention, once PO stops her from touching your mailbox and she does start putting them on your door, you can now have them arrested for tresspassing and harassment for coming onto your property... harassment if she puts them on your car window...ect... a paper trail with the police is your friend now.

sonocativo;2462887 Because they know to stir the pot and move.... lol homeowners cant just up and go.[/quote said:
I think you may be on to something ! :lol:

Sometimes I feel guilty for not waving at them when I was too busy with my mind or in a rush to go somewhere :lol: I remember one time I live in a condo where my neighbor was very friendly to me and few months later when he relapsed with alcohol and he kept knocking my door to beg for money to buy alcohol. I refused. I was thinking I should not be too friendly in the first place so that neighbor will not bother me :lol:

I understand what you mean. Yes, you should wave if they wave at you. It's polite, and I do that to some neighbors. Most neighbors these days mind their own business.

The problem is one of the neighbor is a complete nosy busybody. This neighbor likes to pull everyone she sees to talk to her, then she talks about other neighbors business, so most likely she is telling your business to others who are cold to you or you don't freaking know! She is curious about everything you are doing and studies your behavior like time your in and out. Ask you are okay if you stay home a day or a week when it could be you are on vacation or took a personal day off! lol

So I just act busy and get in and out or mind my own business because I don't have a good feeling about interacting with this neighbor. Be friendly but set your boundaries when you see fit. If you don't like them because you don't have a good feeling about them, then just act busy. I don't think you need to tell your neighbors your business to be friendly.

Back