Do you ever wonder...

No, I have cochlear aplasia. Is no use!

I think I expect more people in thus thread with no sound experience, like me. Just curious about sound sometimes.

GOTCHA! Im sorry that I didnt see that part. Oh, Did you try to get close to dog's barking in your ear? Just wonder.

I wonder what it is like to have my sweetheart whisper "sweet nothings in my ear" :)

I do imagine and fantasize about it.. It makes me smile.

Um, I was born Deaf and I can still hear and can tell the difference of sounds between plane taking off, dog barking, music blasting in another driver's car on the street, fire truck siren, police car siren, train whistle, banging loudly on the door, chainsaw machine or construction drilling, screaming and yelling from people within 10 feet away without using my hearing aid.

The only things I can hear without my CI are loud noises like planes or crashes or the lightning striking a power tower.

I wonder what it is like to have my sweetheart whisper "sweet nothings in my ear" :)

I do imagine and fantasize about it.. It makes me smile.

My hearing bfs have had to learn the hard way that this won't work on me.

My hearing bfs have had to learn the hard way that this won't work on me.

Same here... people all the time tries to whisper in my ear... I look at them and tell them to back off I can not hear them...

All it sounds like is pssst ttsss wssss.. something to that effect.

Gosh - I don't really qualify for this thread. But on the subject of "sweet nothing in the ear". Man do I miss those. It's been just over 5 years since I've heard them. Having no residual hearing makes me miss out on some important things, but I don't dwell on it anymore. Hubby understands.

I can hear most things with my implant, but after work and weekends I rather just to wear my hearing aid and there's a lot of stuff I can't hear then, which doesn't bother me. But without my implant and hearing aid, I would only feel vibrations or loud noises although I don't know what because I havent been around loud noises while totally deaf

Same here... people all the time tries to whisper in my ear... I look at them and tell them to back off I can not hear them...

All it sounds like is pssst ttsss wssss.. something to that effect.

Whenever someone whispers in my right ear, it sends a very uncomfortable tingle down my spinal cord. It's not much better in my left one. I just lean my head in and ask the person to speak softly.

I can hear, but I sometimes I wish I could turn my hearing down. I get overstimulated easily, and once that happens, I need complete silence (at least as complete as I can get).

I was born severe to profound but can hear with hearing aids and am thankful I do not hear much more. What I do hear is annoying. I used to take my HAs off in school just to get away from the sounds-still do and I'm now 29. I think it'd be overwhelming to be able to hear what others can. It already is even with HAs.

I often wonder how different people hear things. I don't think we all hear things the same. For example, the fingernails on chalkboards example. That doesn't bother everyone. Is it that it bothers some and not others? Or just that we hear it differently? How is my hearing different than others?

Of course, I also wonder this about colours. My favorite colour is orange. My mom's is pink. How do we know we don't like the same color, but what I call orange is what she calls pink?

Oh, the questions of life!

Oh i reading notice it comments I born deaf, but I have tried hearing aid :lol:

Travis: condolence on your mother's death

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Back