Do you ever sleep with your HAs on (or off)

yagazn

Reaction score
Well, I fell asleep with my HA's on one time. When someone knocked my door, That woke me up, geez it scared me!. I rather take my HAs off for sleep from now on becuz I like quiet ;)

Does it happen to you before?

Yeah sure if im so tired ill fall asleep on the couch and wake up immediately if the tv is on, the noise and ppl talking makes me jump cos i usually have my ci and HA on

Not yet. :P My grandmother used to toward the end of her life, but just because she did not remember she had them on.

I think at that point she just wore them from habit, as they gave her no benefit.

Yeah sure if im so tired ill fall asleep on the couch and wake up immediately if the tv is on, the noise and ppl talking makes me jump cos i usually have my ci and HA on

I do that all the time! I fall asleep while watching TV and there will be a loud on TV and I will jump awake, or my dog with bark and I will amost hit the
ceiling!

I had my CI on while I fell asleep. Later, I heard a noise and I woke up wondering what's that. It was my kids making noises in the hallway outside of my bedroom.

Sometime I heard something strange tumble/spill noise while I was sleeping on sofa. I woke up and looked around and wondering what it was until I found out it's the Ice Maker churning out ice.

I always try to take them off, but there has been times where I have purposely slept with them on (maybe once or twice) because I wanted to be able to hear something. I like sleeping with no sound at all though as it makes it easier to fall asleep. :)

They hurt my ears if I fall asleep with them on, so no way, jose :) I like sleeping soundly anyway, when I get the chance. :)

Well, I fell asleep with my HA's on one time. When someone knocked my door, That woke me up, geez it scared me!. I rather take my HAs off for sleep from now on becuz I like quiet ;)

Does it happen to you before?

Oh Yeah! Once I fell asleep with HAs on as I was so tired. The radiator started banging away and hissing. Nearly got splattered on the ceiling. Terrible noises!!

Prefer to sleep without HAs so I can have my beauty sleep!

I normally take them off when I go to sleep. When I was a kid, I used to wear it when I was sleeping. :giggle:

Nope, I take them out they drive me crazy as it is.

I take off my HA and my CI when i sleep. They hurt if i fell asleep with them because they squish up against my ear on my pillow. But i would fall asleep with my HA and CI if i'm tired and its during the daytime. But I rather have them off instead of sleeping with them. I like sleeping soundly and I like sleeping with no noise. What a great advantage of being deaf! :)

Besides, My mom and my dad is my alarm clock. My sister is the scary alarm clock for me because she jumps on my bed to wake me up. Boy she really does scare the crap out of me when i'm sleeping. SHe does that when my parents is busy and if my mom is working, my dad is catching up on sleep from being on a night shift from the hospital and she's the first person to wake up.

I sometimes nod off with my HAs on, but at night I always take them off. Besides, if you tried to sleep with your HAs on they would whistle as soon as you put your head on the pillow, and someone would soon let you know.

My sister is the scary alarm clock for me because she jumps on my bed to wake me up. Boy she really does scare the crap out of me when i'm sleeping.

That reminds me of the time I was at a boarding private school (I can't remember which year). The lights went on at 6:30. If I didn't wake up in time, a certain girl would come up and slap my mattress hard. I really hate when she did that. Luckily for me, that didn't last long.

I don't sleep with my ha's on ...i have once and i woke up with my ears hurting cuz they had no air flow and they need that sometimes..or at least i do or i get an ear infection...i fall asleep on the couch with them on sometimes or a nap but never to bed at night

I take them off before I goto bed. Can not sleep being able to hear!

I have fallen asleep with the on to only be woken up by the feedback I get from them!

i take off my HAs cuz it hurts my ear when i fall asleep with them on. i've taken naps or just fallen asleep with them on from being exhausted and usually some random noise will wake me up haha. so yeah, i definitely prefer them off when i go to bed!

Every night I look forward to taking my HA out, ah - silence. Easier to meditate. Never sleep or nap with them in.

I Sleep With Mine In

I often wear mine at night, because of tinnitus and just feeling uneasy (the world seems "too quiet without them). But, I use EarGear corded, so if they happen to come out of my ears, they are not lost. Also, the cats have a much harder time trying to carry them off to play with!:laugh2:

It IS important to give your ears time to "breathe," though; because I got an ear infection (otitis externa) and had to put drops in my ear for it. I think a common name for it is "swimmer's ear." The doctor said it was from the moisture retained in my ear because of the earmold.

I let mine air dry

I let them air dry every night and clean them in the morning. That way I have no problems with them... smiles... no itchy ears.. or infections!!

I let them air dry every night and clean them in the morning. That way I have no problems with them... smiles... no itchy ears.. or infections!!

I take mine out too , but I still get an itchy ear , I am not sure what to do for it! If anyone else get itchy ears , what you do for it?
I took my HA out once when I was taking a nap on the couch. I left my HA on the coffee table and when I woke up it was gone! I looked every where for it! My hearing dog thought I lost it and he picked it and was put it on his blanket to watch it for me! And he did not bite a hole in it! I was very impress!

Back