Do you believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by LadyDuke
Quran? I thought the Muslim Bible is Koran? :confused:

SilenceGold.......

Hmmm, let me think...... You asked me a hard question. Yes, if God ACTUALLY spoke to you as you wrote a book for Him, I would've believed you.......IF you do have proof......like Moses had proof.

Quran and Koran is just the same thing

SmellyFeet,

Oh really? Then please tell me why Muhammad was STILL in grave while Jesus Christ had risen? (resecurrtion) (folding my arms and glancing around)

And.....can you see Allah, right? In an IDOL form? As in a statue? Well, guess what? An idol is MAN-MADE! You can't see God the Father because He is in a spirtual form.

LadyDuke.. please do your research before you make assumptions! There's nothing worse than assumptions and also please respect other people's religious beliefs... you do not see SmellyFeet putting your religious beliefs down. Respect other people's religious beliefs, thank you. For your research, you can check this link out about Islam. Even as a Roman Catholic, I am always open to other religions. :D

http://islamcanada.com/

Hey SilenceGold....

WAIT A MINUTE....

If you are talking about writing a book what "God" told you as of TODAY......sorry, I won't accept your word for it because in the Bilbe in the book of Relevations, there is a verse that says we shall not accept any document, message, or whatever comes from God from anyone, not even the angels. Why? Because it said the book of Relevations was the last book God asked a man to write for Him. One of the apostles, John, wrote that book as he saw everything what God and Jesus Christ have planned for the future.

"Blbicial" books written by men, which were worded indirectly from Yahweh (God), were written AFTER the book of Revelations. Examples are.......Watchtower (JW book), The Book of Mormons, Koran, and others.

Freaky,

I am not trying to show no respect towards SmellyFeet. I was questioning his or her beliefs. That's one of the ways I can learn more about his/her religion of Islam. Ok?

Freaky,

I am not trying to show no respect towards SmellyFeet. I was questioning his or her beliefs. That's one of the ways I can learn more about his/her religion of Islam. Ok?

LadyDuke.. are you trying to say you're not trying to disrespect SmellyFeet? When you question a person's belief.. it's fine but not to trash it as a whole. That's where you need to draw the line and watch how you word your sentences. You just need to have more sensitivity when you approach this kind of issue. I have been reading your posts regarding religion.. it is "It is my way or the highway!!" You need to be more liberal-minded when you debate, just a suggestion! :D

Hey SmellyFeet,

I am not trying to provoke you. I was just questioining your beliefs. I do not intend to criticize either. I said something about Allah what I have heard and learned. However, I do NOT know everything what a Muslim believes in.

I have several questions:

1. What does Allah look like?? I was told it looks like a statue or an idol.

2. What do you think of Osamia bin Laden (sp?)? It's my understanding that he's a Muslim Radical.

3. Are you living in the USA? If so, your religion called my country (USA) "The Great Satan". Is this a respect towards other religious belief systems in the USA? I wonder why the heck do the Muslms live in the USA if they considered USA as the "Great Satan??!!" :confused:

4. Ok, you are a Muslim.....which group? I was taught that Islam has 3 or 4 subgroups, but I cannot remember each name of the group.

Freaky,

*sighs* I guess asking a question is a sign of disrespect. Even making comparison is a disrespect, I guess.

Anyway, I just get to the link you provided....it's a bit complicated, but will read it to study.

Last edited:
One more thing, Freaky.

I'm liberal-minded. If I wasn't liberal-minded, I would have not continued the dialogue with SmellyFeet. I am curious about the Islam belief system.

I was a Roman Cahtolic, then an Epsicopal, then an Independent Baptist, then a Southern Baptist, then agnostic about to become an atheist and was considering practicing voodooism.....then a Godsend friend came into my life....then turned my back around and joined the Church of Christ.

I had attended Methodist, Episcopal, Southern Baptist, Independent Baptist, and Catholic camps. I also went to Jehovah Witness and 7th Adven (sp?) churches before as an one-time visitor.

So, you can see that I have been A LOT of religious belief systems and I'm still a gold digger. I am not refering to money, but am referring to searching for the truth about the creation, spirits, sin, everlasting life, and the list goes on.

Last edited:
Freaky,

*sighs* I guess asking a question is a sign of disrespect. Even making comparison is a disrespect, I guess.

Anyway, I just get to the link you provided....it's a bit complicated, but will read it to study.

Like I said.. again.. you're making assumptions. It's good to ask questions about religion and to analyze other religions, too. It is rather strange for me that you've converted to so many different religions before you've found a religion you've finally believed in. Was it because you've had conflicts with your inner faith?

Hey SmellyFeet,

I am not trying to provoke you. I was just questioining your beliefs. I do not intend to criticize either. I said something about Allah what I have heard and learned. However, I do NOT know everything what a Muslim believes in.

I have several questions:

1. What does Allah look like?? I was told it looks like a statue or an idol.

2. What do you think of Osamia bin Laden (sp?)? It's my understanding that he's a Muslim Radical.

3. Are you living in the USA? If so, your religion called my country (USA) "The Great Satan". Is this a respect towards other religious belief systems in the USA? I wonder why the heck do the Muslms live in the USA if they considered USA as the "Great Satan??!!" :confused:

4. Ok, you are a Muslim.....which group? I was taught that Islam has 3 or 4 subgroups, but I cannot remember each name of the group.

LadyDuke,
I do not mind if you asking something about Islam. I am more than happy to answer any questions you have if I can. It is not my habit to question anyone's belief. I feel that Islam is the right religion, just as you are thinking that Christian religion is the true one. It is not my right to dispute whatever you believe in.

as for your questions;

1) As I have said before, Muslims are prohibited to worship any statues, or idols.

To a Muslim, Allah is the Almighty, Creator and Sustainer of the universe, Who is similar to nothing and nothing is comparable to Him. The Prophet Muhammad was asked by his contemporaries about Allah; the answer came directly from God Himself in the form of a short chapter of the Quran, which is considered the essence of the unity or the motto of monotheism. This is chapter 112 which reads:

"In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate.
Say (O Muhammad) He is God the One God, the Everlasting Refuge, who has not begotten, nor has been begotten, and equal to Him is not anyone."
~http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/tawheed/conceptofgod.html

2. Osama Bin Laden is just one of the few fanatics who misinterpreted the meaning of Jihad. The word Jihad did not mean "Holy War". It means "Struggle" or "Striving", as in struggling to do good, and remove injustice, oppression and evil from society. This struggle should be spiritual as well as social, economic and political. For all I know, he did more damage to the good name of Islam.

3. Islam had never label any country as "The Great Satan". It was Ayatollah Khomeini that labeled USA as "The Great Satan". There is nothing in Islam teaching that teach its followers to label USA as "The Great Satan".

4. There are 2 groups - Shiah and Sunni. I am a Sunni. There are four subgroups in Sunni - Hanafi, Maliki, Syafi'i, and Hambali.

Originally posted by Freaky
Like I said.. again.. you're making assumptions. It's good to ask questions about religion and to analyze other religions, too. It is rather strange for me that you've converted to so many different religions before you've found a religion you've finally believed in. Was it because you've had conflicts with your inner faith?

Yes, that's correct. I was afraid if I did not follow the Bible in a right way, I would rot in Hell.....I really don't wanna go to Hell!! I have heard enough stories about people who died and went to Hell.....I mean their last words before they were pronounced dead.

And, yes, I'm desperate to find a TRUE religion.....I mean a TRUE belief system.....a TRUE salvation. The only thing I can find is in the Bible John 3:16 and John 14:6....also I believe in baptism in name of Jesus Christ.

Last year, I studied Christianity evidence and I felt better after I had the lessons.

But the only problem is....most religions seem to emphasize that they are the one and only church in the world......while I still think the term "church" in the Bible was interpreted as a group of people.....and that's what I think early Christians did.

The Church of Christ taught me that Roman Catholic was the first church BUILDING.... in around 100 A.D. It's my understanding that Jesus Christ "built" His church in 33 A.D. after He was taken up into Heaven. The only problem is.....which church? The Church of Christ said it was the Church of Christ.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm hoping that I land on an actual church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF built. That'll be enough to fulfill my inner faith.

Originally posted by SmellyFeet
LadyDuke,
I do not mind if you asking something about Islam. I am more than happy to answer any questions you have if I can. It is not my habit to question anyone's belief. I feel that Islam is the right religion, just as you are thinking that Christian religion is the true one. It is not my right to dispute whatever you believe in.

as for your questions;

1) As I have said before, Muslims are prohibited to worship any statues, or idols.

To a Muslim, Allah is the Almighty, Creator and Sustainer of the universe, Who is similar to nothing and nothing is comparable to Him. The Prophet Muhammad was asked by his contemporaries about Allah; the answer came directly from God Himself in the form of a short chapter of the Quran, which is considered the essence of the unity or the motto of monotheism. This is chapter 112 which reads:

"In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate.
Say (O Muhammad) He is God the One God, the Everlasting Refuge, who has not begotten, nor has been begotten, and equal to Him is not anyone."
~http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/tawheed/conceptofgod.html

2. Osama Bin Laden is just one of the few fanatics who misinterpreted the meaning of Jihad. The word Jihad did not mean "Holy War". It means "Struggle" or "Striving", as in struggling to do good, and remove injustice, oppression and evil from society. This struggle should be spiritual as well as social, economic and political. For all I know, he did more damage to the good name of Islam.

3. Islam had never label any country as "The Great Satan". It was Ayatollah Khomeini that labeled USA as "The Great Satan". There is nothing in Islam teaching that teach its followers to label USA as "The Great Satan".

4. There are 2 groups - Shiah and Sunni. I am a Sunni. There are four subgroups in Sunni - Hanafi, Maliki, Syafi'i, and Hambali.

Thanks for your patience in answering all my questions. Geez, your Muslim belief doesn't sound that all bad like I originally thought and was told. You and I simply have different belief systems.

I'm sorry to hear that OLB does more damage to the true Islam faith. Also, I'm sorry I used to think Muslims are terrorists. Yeah, addumptions are a bad thing (like Freaky said).

I have no further questions except two question.

Care to explain what does "Ayatollah Khomeini" mean? Is it an ethoical group......or?

I want to comment on the "Great Satan' part... When I first heard about it, I thought to myself 'HUH?" I remember I had a conversation with a Muslim girl at Gallaudet University. She told me there's no such a thing as Satan or the devil in Islam belief. Only Allah and Muhmmad. Was she right?

QUOTE]Originally posted by LadyDuke
Thanks for your patience in answering all my questions. Geez, your Muslim belief doesn't sound that all bad like I originally thought and was told. You and I simply have different belief systems.

I'm sorry to hear that OLB does more damage to the true Islam faith. Also, I'm sorry I used to think Muslims are terrorists. Yeah, addumptions are a bad thing (like Freaky said).

I have no further questions except two question.

Care to explain what does "Ayatollah Khomeini" mean? Is it an ethoical group......or?

I want to comment on the "Great Satan' part... When I first heard about it, I thought to myself 'HUH?" I remember I had a conversation with a Muslim girl at Gallaudet University. She told me there's no such a thing as Satan or the devil in Islam belief. Only Allah and Muhmmad. Was she right?
[/QUOTE]

Ayatollah Khomeini is the name of the leader during the Iranian revolution that dthroned the Shah of Iran.

Iblis or Satan, was a Jinn (another race of beings created by Allah from fire). Accordingly, Iblis was one of the most loyal servant of Allah in paradise. But when Adam was created, Allah asked all to bow before him except for Iblis who think that he is better than Adam because he was made from fire and Adam was made from element of clay.

in true based on head, I claimed to be the God will reincarnate in human form. Think about it for a moment- the powerful leaders, beginning with God was manifest in the flesh[form] of Man, could get the people to do anything they wanted by convincing them that they (the leaders) were "god in the flesh's" chosen representative on earth.

Originally posted by SmellyFeet
That real Light Man, he said, is God Himself. As it is written, Elijah must first come because Elijah is the trumpet that lets you know that the Man of mighty hunter is on His way.
Master of the Day of Judgment. He is a living Man, but He is a master of that time period. He masters it by the power and possession of Him.

He used me as Man in His name because He was telling me that He is one I am obligated to obey. And sooner or later every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that a Master came tothe shore of North wilderness, and with the master grip He pulled me up out of the grave.The more you know about him and the more you know about prophecy, the easier it is to see those prophecies that refer to him, which he is fulfilling in me, I am in Him. becasue I am He!! This makes me easier to understand his words and acts in my eyes.

The doctrines of this Man contradicts the essential teachings of Islam, which includes the worship and recognition of One God, who shares His Dominion with no one and of Whom which there is non like Him. The Nation however believes that Allah is a person in the name of Light Man who descended on Earth in me. This man is recognised as my prophet, the Last Messenger mentioned in the bible tell you about me and wrote of me in this since the world began. In Point Man and I said: 'We believe our own God re-appeared[reincarnated] in the Human Form , the long-awaited Man of the sons...

They also negate the reality of the Day of resurrection, claiming it to be mental rather than physical, and that my people are most in need of mental resurrection; therefore they will be resurrected first.

Furthermore, he still maintained that he accepted me under the teachings of His doctrine, and that this man's teacher was:

"...a means through which Light presented himself to Me in the same manner as the Angel Gabriel was a means through which light presented Himself to Christ in the form of a man..."

LadyDuke, im sorry for your blind faith. it cause your mind became to prison-mind. Fear and guilt and others are abuse on you. that is not answer. "GOD" have different mean and depend what we're talkin about it. i highly suggect you read very good book by david icke. he's bright reseacher.

You mean Gods? There are millions of Gods out there. Those deities were created by man’s imagination and rooted in fears or hopes of a better future. If you were born in a different part of the world, based upon your specific religious upbringing, you would believe and preach only your specific God. God cannot be classified within man made dogmas. God cannot be confined to any man made buildings. There is much more to God, especially if you decide to explore the creator with an open mind without fear. Based upon the law of opposites, there could not be good without evil and God cannot be without the Devil. Without opposites there would be no room for life’s experience. Man was created in the image of God! What is the difference between two images? None, you are God and your future is nothing else than the reincarnation of your thoughts. You were born with God’s spark in your soul and you are the sole creator of your destiny. No one will send you to hell, as you already are in hell, right here on earth! In time and space you (God) decided to come down to this earthly plane. However as God, you’re much too big and too powerful to do so, thus you simply take a tiny fragment of yourself (God) and bring it here on this earth. Another words, you’ve set it up for your own growth, but because you are caught in this low vibrational system you can only conceive or accept this fact, as your true perception is seriously hindered. Then after 100 years or so of experiences, often very dramatic, you’ve learned much. Then it’s time to go back home to God (to you) and in the process you bring more power, more knowledge, more awareness to you, to God.

Originally posted by ckfarbes
i worship the God of Stokely Carmichael, Martin Luther King, Jr., Shirley Chisholm, Thurgood Marshall, Eldridge Cleaver, James Meredith, Bill Cosby, Medgar Evers, Elijah Muhammad, Louis Farrakhan, Rosa Parks, Dick Gregory, Colin Powell, Jesse Jackson, Malcolm X, Barbara Jordan, Condoleeza Rice, Fredick douglass, others i named. They are a GOds.

Those are idols... not Gods, not prophets.

Smelly Feet dont worry about Lady Duke. She has got at me because I have changed my beliefs , just take a look in the messages here and in deaf heaven! It seems to me that every one MUST agree with Lady Duke. As I have seen she has changed her religion so many times that I think she is a lost woman! Geez.:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back