Do we have a challenge ahead of us to avoid becoming Hearing?

Almost the same here. I've had 57 years experience with deafness, but only a couple of years knowledge of Deafness. I am still learning.

Exactly ! thats Jill's point, and the difference is not just experience but also respect which means willingness to start as a cultural baby ie in deaf club, or in here in the cyber deaf club, NO ONE likes audist trolls full stop.
Beowolf saw the difference and he/she made allowance for i, and it will pay back handsomely, over time, with true richness that Deaf culture has to offer Beach girl you are missing out on a good thing, all because of the miplace audist pride (and arrogance).

Exactly ! thats Jill's point, and the difference is not just experience but also respect which means willingness to start as a cultural baby ie in deaf club, or in here in the cyber deaf club, NO ONE likes audist trolls full stop.
Beowolf saw the difference and he/she made allowance for i, and it will pay back handsomely, over time, with true richness that Deaf culture has to offer Beach girl you are missing out on a good thing, all because of the miplace audist pride (and arrogance).

The only ones who fail to understand that seem to be the "audist trolls".:giggle: And it appears that I am their natural target, because their mind is still in the hearing world, and I, a hearing person, comes along and tells them how wrong they are in their perspective. That really pisses them off, because a hearing person is supposed to be on THEIR side. LOL

The only ones who fail to understand that seem to be the "audist trolls".:giggle: And it appears that I am their natural target, because their mind is still in the hearing world, and I, a hearing person, comes along and tells them how wrong they are in their perspective. That really pisses them off, because a hearing person is supposed to be on THEIR side. LOL

You're outspoken even by Deaf standards. :giggle:

Very eloquent, isn't it. Comes from a very famous quote re: Deafness..."We are, now and forever, the People of the Eye."

that will be on my msn
or maybe the burning the fat of your soul be replaced?
:hmm:

what anyone think?
sorry bit of topic just couldnt help it
blame it on Deaf culture :giggle:

that will be on my msn
or maybe the burning the fat of your soul be replaced?
:hmm:

what anyone think?
sorry bit of topic just couldnt help it
blame it on Deaf culture :giggle:

I think you should use it on your msn. It is a short, concise statement that says it all.

Hey, you can go off topic. It's your thread, lol.

I don't really see that, unless you are referring to my comments and such, but I am not hearing...so now what? lol. I think Madison was trying to be honest in his question

We wouldn't expect you to see it. You are not hearing in biological function alone.

Back