Do high frequencies really matter much at all?

Lol

If the whine of dogs r in the high frequencies, then why am I able to hear it if my dB losses r at 120? Strange..

Maybe your dog communicates telepathically and you just did not realize it!! :hmm:

I could hear my dog even though i cant even hear much with my HA i was surprised too!

LOL good one Botts

Sometimes I wish the "s" and "z" (and other high pitch letters) never were invented in the english language. My life would been alot better off without it.

'If your audiologist has time, ask her to disable the highs for a few minutes and see how much this affects your speech.'

My HAs are not programmed to amplify high frequency sounds anyway, the audi said there isn't much point because I wouldn't hear them anyway. I think that's also the case for many who have a severe or profound loss.

Yeah I remember being able to hear 3 loud basset hounds and their litter of 5 puppies barking and that was back in high school (1997-1998). My loss at the time, I would assume, was 115+ dB. I was surprised I could hear them as I had never heard a dog bark like them until I came to this foster home. Maybe their breed are meant to be that loud? I dunno, but it was so helpful though, so I was always able to answer the door or make sure there are no intruders or I would know my foster mom or dad had arrived home if I hear the dogs barking. It was so useful in this Deaf foster home. Maybe the house acoustics has to do with it? Seems like the older Victorian house (probably built in the early 1900s) made for many sounds easier to travel around the house. I could even hear the dogs faintly if I was on the 2nd floor and they were on the first floor, and I could hear them clearly if I was on the same floor as them, and I wasn't even wearing HAs.

Back