Divorce

so what's wrong with quickie divorce? why prolong anger and drama?

Well, one can only assume that it's because neither side can agree on a solution so a judge and lawyers need to be brought in to decide what's fair.

It seems like my parents are going for an extreamly peaceful divorce... They're still at the beginning stages. Let's hope it lasts.

When I was divorced in 1990 (or 91?), I think I could have done the whole thing from start to final paperwork in 4 weeks. Yikes.

Thankfully we had no assets or children together.

I'd like to add 'disrespectfull' to the list.

You are right. I forget add two mores.

I noticed some people leave their spousal or they just using them for money. When their spousals' healthy were getting weaker and weaker like heart attack, MS and other.
And Selfish.

Nevada has the most lenient divorce laws. That's why people have gone to Nevada for a quickie divorce. The legislature changed to laws to make it a little harder to get a divorce in Nevada now, but I think it can still be done.

Yea. But just remind that laws always will be not same all time. Some laws can be confuse a little. I remembered that my dad always get the magazine called "Nevada Lawyer" each months. I noticed that more new laws add and some of them changes. If you want to know real what law whether it was change it or not. Best is checkinog on State Bar.

Here is link: Search | Nevada Lawyer Magazine

Well, one can only assume that it's because neither side can agree on a solution so a judge and lawyers need to be brought in to decide what's fair.

It seems like my parents are going for an extreamly peaceful divorce... They're still at the beginning stages. Let's hope it lasts.

but that doesn't answer my question. why wait 6 months to get a divorce even though if it's amicable?

i was lucky, my parents divorced when i was 20, but they still live together, just separate rooms, they still do everything together, sometimes i forget theyre not together anymore.

i was lucky, my parents divorced when i was 20, but they still live together, just separate rooms, they still do everything together, sometimes i forget theyre not together anymore.

That's an unusual arrangement... but I'm happy it works well for them.

The reason divorce is difficult/expensive in some states is due to religious views that divorce is sinful. I divorced in Maryland and this state tries very hard to discourage divorces. I was lucky, my divorce was uncontested and simple. I still had to wait a full year before filing and go before a judge with a witness and had to swear that there was no chance at all of a reconciliation. I did it with no lawyer. I was the only one in the court room without a lawyer. My ex did not even go to the hearing, she only had to show up if she wanted to contest something. I was done in 10 minutes (the ones with lawyers took much longer).

Divorce is a very sad thing. Familys were never ment to be ripped apart. To often people see love as something to fall into or out of... Quite the opposite. Love is a commitment, not just something you feel. When you love somebody, you give yourself to them. otherwise it is only a ' I love you cuz it makes me feel good' sort of thing. that isn't love, that is selfish and self seeking. love is what you give, not what you get out of. too many people are too concerned with what they are getting out of marriage rather than what they put into it. just imagine if both would just give to thier partner unselfishly... might have worked.

but that doesn't answer my question. why wait 6 months to get a divorce even though if it's amicable?

Are you serious? Because it takes time to work things out.. Even though people can elope on a whim, they can't divorce the same way. Messed up, huh.

Elope... yep, that is how I want to get married the next time... ;)

Nothing is wrong with quickie divorce if the parties agree. That's the best case scenario. The fighting is usually over the property settlement.
Rosewind is correct. You need a lawyer who is licensed in the state that you get a divorce in. Attorneys are licensed by state because each state has different laws. If you're yrying to decide which state to file in, you have to talk to attoarneys licensed in each particular state to compare options.
The first one to file for divorce at the courthouse wins as far as location. Thw divorce would be mived only if it us required because of child custody.

You would be right to trust your instincts because it's more than likely that your parents won't be hosting any holidays together.

I'm sorry that you are going through this.

Me too! ::Hugs:: My brothers ( I have four ) have all been through mulitple divorces and it's never easy on the family. I still keep in touch with my former sister in laws but do miss them around holidays and it takes getting used to the girlfriends too.

If your parents do decide to date just hang in there! When my mother died and my father re-married I just about ran the lady off and almost did but over the years I've come to love her as a mother in a way, more like a really good friend.

I'm very sorry your mom and dad are seperating. At least you are an adult and not a child although I don't think the impact is any lesser it still affects the dynamics of the family unit but you are old enough and mature enough to accept it better than a child can in which case kids tend to blame themselves for the collaspe of the marriage or so I've read.

Is there any chance they could patch things up before going through with it?

:spam:

I find this post insulting in the context of this thread.

She/he been posting everywhere... she/he doesn't read english... so I use this language:

Wewe si kweli hivyo kupata kutomba kutoka tovuti hii

She'll get it....

Back