Disney Removes CC from Up rental release

We should boycott Disney! I never liked Disney policy anyway! I did rent some movies from the library . "Out of Africa" was one of them and it had no CC! I know my grandchild love Disney's stuff and I been buying it for her, after reading this I do not feel like buying it any more! This is discrimination!

I called 800-723-4763 and gave Disney a piece of my mind. I have put the # up on my FB and asked all my friends and family to contact Disney as well. Renting a video without captioning for a deaf or hard-of-hearing person is the equivalent of a hearing person renting a video without sound. Do you really think the hearies would consider sound a "special feature"??? There is strength in numbers, we need to all call Disney and bombard them with calls from friends and family in order to get their attention.

I will call tomorrow! And see if my family will call too! Thank you the phone #!
I agree the more people that call the better! Deaf and HOH Power!!

sometimes you have to turn on the closed captioning from your TV, or go to your DVD player setting, or go to the movie main menu and click "Language" to turn on the subtitle.

I have to do different things on different movies just to turn on the closed captioning/subtitle.

I think Disney’s “marketing decision” over no captions for “UP” DVD is simply dumb. Forcing people to buy caption-supported DVDs before the no captioned-DVD rental versions few weeks later is a whole other matter.

We should boycott Disney! I never liked Disney policy anyway! I did rent some movies from the library . "Out of Africa" was one of them and it had no CC! I know my grandchild love Disney's stuff and I been buying it for her, after reading this I do not feel like buying it any more! This is discrimination!

"Out of Africa" was from Universal Studios, also it has captions (English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing). All Universal Studios titles on DVD and Blu-ray have captions in the form of subtitles. They used the analog/digital CC technology on any of their titles, only SDH.

sometimes you have to turn on the closed captioning from your TV, or go to your DVD player setting, or go to the movie main menu and click "Language" to turn on the subtitle.

I have to do different things on different movies just to turn on the closed captioning/subtitle.

It doesn't matter what setting you have your tv or DVD player set to, if the DVD is not embedded with captioning, it won't work.

I will call tomorrow! And see if my family will call too! Thank you the phone #!
I agree the more people that call the better! Deaf and HOH Power!!

Be sure and use a relay service to really get the message across ;)

Ditto, Banjo! I am stunned to learn about DisneyQUOTE]

I was not stunned to hear about this ! I read that Walt Disney was a not a very nice person to work with! And I guess some of his famliy are the same!

Walt Disney rip off the actors that were the voice of Snow White and Prince! The movie made a lot of money but Walt Disney would not pay the actors a fair share! And Walt Disney made a movie where is drove a herd of animals off a cliff , he had the animals fighten so they would run toward the cliff and to their death!

Last edited:
ummm, he is dead so it isn't like he is making the decision. Is his family running Disney now?

Pixtar is somewhat a company of their own (the company that made the movie), but I think Disney handles the distributions. But I don't know whose fault it is but I do know that Pixtar had issues with Disney long before Disney brought them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixar

I was not stunned to heasr about this ! I read that Walt Disney was a not a very nice person to work with! And I guess some of his famliy are the same!

Walt Disney rid off the actors that wee the voice of Snow White and Prince! The movie made a lot of money but Walt Disney would not pay the actors a fair share! And Walt Disney made a movie where is drove a herd of animals off a cliff , he had the animals fighten so they would run toward the cliff and to their death!

It was a film crew that forced lemmings to jump off a cliff to "document" their mythical suicidal behaviour. Walt Disney didn't do it himself.

Anyway, what are you talking about regarding Snow White?

he talking about the people who did the voices of snow white. Disney didn't pay them as well as he should... especially when the movie was a success.

ummm, he is dead so it isn't like he is making the decision. Is his family running Disney now?

Pixtar is somewhat a company of their own (the company that made the movie), but I think Disney handles the distributions. But I don't know whose fault it is but I do know that Pixtar had issues with Disney long before Disney brought them. Pixar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, Pixar used to be owned by Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple, Inc. Now it is owned by The Walt Disney Company, but Steve Jobs is the biggest shareholder and is on the board of directors.

A little known fact, Pixar originally was owned by Lucasfilm Ltd.

he talking about the people who did the voices of snow white. Disney didn't pay them as well as he should... especially when the movie was a success.

Yes, that's what I figured, but he didn't go into the details on what happened.

"Out of Africa" was from Universal Studios, also it has captions (English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing). All Universal Studios titles on DVD and Blu-ray have captions in the form of subtitles. They used the analog/digital CC technology on any of their titles, only SDH.

I tried 2 DVD and either one CC came on! I tried setting up the CC and is still would not work. It is strange that some movie CC will not come on.

Yes, that's what I figured, but he didn't go into the details on what happened.

I did tell what happen, Snow white made a lot money and Walt Disney did not pay the actors a fair share ,The actors wanted more money and Walt would not pay them!

It was a film crew that forced lemmings to jump off a cliff to "document" their mythical suicidal behaviour. Walt Disney didn't do it himself.

Anyway, what are you talking about regarding Snow White?

I read for the movie Walt did have the animals fighten to run off the cliff! I believe he would do something like that!

Back