Disney Cancels Mel Gibson Holocaust Series

B

Buckdodgers

The ABC television network has pulled a miniseries about the Holocaust it was developing with Mel Gibson 's production company, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday, quoting an unidentified representative for the network.

Gibson was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving early on Friday and was reported to have launched into a tirade against Jews, asking the arresting officer if he was a Jew and blaming the Jews for starting all wars.

Disney Cancels Mel Gibson Holocaust Series

Mel Gibson should File a Lawsuit against Disney.Its a volation of his contract.
Remember Sean Penn Sued Warner Brothers when a Producer backed out of sean penn contract when he protested against the war in IRAQ? So Mel Gibson should Run to a High Profile Lawyer SUE!! The City of LA ,, SUE the LAPD AND SUE Walt Disney Company..The Reason to Sue the Police and the City cause they ruined his credibility.

That's really the most riduclous thing
I've heard of !!!! Disney should wake up
and realize that Gibson is only an actor !

Well, I think it has a lot to do with Mel's atitudes towards Jewish people. Disney doesn't want to associate themselves with someone who might be an anti-semite, and I don't blame them. However, rumors and innuendos about Gibson's beliefs have been circulating for years. I think it is a bit hypocritical of Disney to pull the plug only after his DUI arrest. If they were so concerned about this, they shouldn't have signed up with him in the first place.

It just goes to show you how people are so worried about what other people think, ONLY WHEN their back pocket is affected

Er...why Mel? There has been far worst triades and episodes with other people and it didn't effect them like this. Very interesting...

This not to say I condone what he did...he needs to get a grip on his problems.

See its a double standard here.When Liberals make mistakes the public forgives em.But conservitives make mistakes people dont firgive them easly.Look at Rush Limbaugh when he took drugs..Oh Yeah cops will bust him..But when Patrick Kennedy drive his car and hits the wall cops do nothing.And when Ted Kennedy drives a woman over the bridge cops do nothing.And when Cynthia McKinney slaps a cop across the face cops do nothing. And Ted Kennedy has been re-elected over and over again and again people forgive ted kennedy what he did in 1969.But now heres a test.Let see if Patrick Kennedy or Cynthia McKinney will be re-elected in november.

:ohno: ... Taking Disney to court? :shocked: :ugh:

I feel depressed and shocked when anyone of you said that someone should take Disney to court.

I feel very sorry about Disney when Disney loses the case to Mel. (gasp)

(sigh) I hate to see Disney lose, like it happened when a lawsuit have filed against Disney for not providing diet foods for guests in Disney theme parks, for example like after the lawsuite have filed against Disney, there's no more Pizza in West Innoventions in Epcot. It kinda made me sacriface convienance over those who wanted to eat healthy food.

I dind't mean to whine, which I needed to keep that to the minimum, but I'm a fan of Disney for about a decade and a half. I remember going to attraction called 20,000 Leages Under The Sea, but Disney closed it because they thought the attraction's too expensive, but it's alright. I wish I've been there so many times before it closes... :p :D

My point is, whoever said that Disney will be going to court kinda hurt me, depending how serious it is, but maybe it'd be minor...

I like The Muppets 3-D over at Disney's MGM Studios, though. :)

GraysonPeddie,,TELL IT TO THE JUDGE!
Judge%20George%20Greer2.jpg

Buckdodgers said:
See its a double standard here.When Liberals make mistakes the public forgives em.But conservitives make mistakes people dont firgive them easly.Look at Rush Limbaugh when he took drugs..Oh Yeah cops will bust him..But when Patrick Kennedy drive his car and hits the wall cops do nothing.And when Ted Kennedy drives a woman over the bridge cops do nothing.And when Cynthia McKinney slaps a cop across the face cops do nothing. And Ted Kennedy has been re-elected over and over again and again people forgive ted kennedy what he did in 1969.But now heres a test.Let see if Patrick Kennedy or Cynthia McKinney will be re-elected in november.

There is a kernel of truth in what you say here. It is just part of the politically correct times we live in. If you can't refute them with logic or common sense, bash 'em. I don't worry about it too much as life always gets the upper hand and nobody can overcome that...

So...Mel doesn't like black people either?

He was in so many movies with Danny Glover :|

LuciaDisturbed said:
Okay, Mel Gibson is officially on my shit list now.

He's been on mine for awhile now. I've smelled something about him that has said "hypocrite" a long time ago.

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Disney.html

I read that stuff awhile ago during one boring afternoon..wow, interesting info. I read somewhere--not sure if on this website--that Walt Disney is an alcoholic, a tightfisted pennypincher and an ass of a boss--mean to his employees. But he was clever to present himself to the world as a warm loving daddy figure. At least he gave the world the fanasty place for people of all ages to enjoy. I grew up only 1 1/2 away from Disneyland and had many wonderful memories there.

Mel Gibson shud get his act together and keep his racist beliefs out of his movies. His personal life is private tho. :)

funny thing is that I hear Walt Disney is actually afraid of mice...so wondered why he even drew Mickey Mouse?

Steel X said:
So...Mel doesn't like black people either?

He was in so many movies with Danny Glover :|

That, I don't know. I only know of the documented reports of his and his father's comments against Jewish people. However, if a person has a prejudice against one group of people; it's not out of the rhealm that they would also have a bias against another group as well.

I don't know. I just know that if I met someone like him, I would walk a wide circle around them. :ugh2:

sillycat said:
http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Disney.html

I read that stuff awhile ago during one boring afternoon..wow, interesting info. I read somewhere--not sure if on this website--that Walt Disney is an alcoholic, a tightfisted pennypincher and an ass of a boss--mean to his employees. But he was clever to present himself to the world as a warm loving daddy figure. At least he gave the world the fanasty place for people of all ages to enjoy. I grew up only 1 1/2 away from Disneyland and had many wonderful memories there.

Mel Gibson shud get his act together and keep his racist beliefs out of his movies. His personal life is private tho. :)

Yeah about Disney's. Only we can irgoned their greedy and be enjoy at Disney's places at same time. :ugh2:

I'm not surprised that this happened.

It happened with Paul Reuben. When he was arrested for jacking off in public, Blockbuster Video pulled off all Pee Wee's Playhouse titles. :roll:

VamPyroX said:
I'm not surprised that this happened.

It happened with Paul Reuben. When he was arrested for jacking off in public, Blockbuster Video pulled off all Pee Wee's Playhouse titles. :roll:
Heh...I never heard of that.

It's all about business and popularity...if your popularity decrease due to something inapporicate you made, you lose some money and possibly even ur career!

It's Disney's business to cancle it or put it on...but they can do whatever they want with it cause it's part of their rights.

Back