Discrimate against gays

HippieSnow05

Reaction score
Hello. I just got stupid news from staff says that I can't kiss or hug in public. I never got any compliants against me. Means I have to hide myself. I'm always out and i always will be.

- Have u been discrimate just bec u were kissed or hugged ur girl/boyfriend?

- angry :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

You could file a complaint with the Human Rights Commission but I noticed you're in Florida and Florida is a right to work state and you can be fired for just about any reason. Good luck with that.

LuvsInk said:
You could file a complaint with the Human Rights Commission but I noticed you're in Florida and Florida is a right to work state and you can be fired for just about any reason. Good luck with that.

Florida sucks but I'm a student at techinal school. I mean I dont get any fucking complians from someone except the staff what-ever. I'm gay and they can't do that to me. I'm finished this school next week I'll deal with it. I'll be back in real world in no time. I just wanted see if anyone has same probelm with any general situation.

LuvsInk said:

How about other state like California, Illinois, Washington and New York?

stay out like u always have been! a kiss and a hug in public wont kill anyone! :roll:

Usually, it depends on the situation.

If it's a co-worker, then kissing or hugging in public is often considered inappropriate. If it's a friend, but during work hours... it's sometimes considered inappropriate depending on when it takes place. If it's not during work hours, but you're in the uniform/outfit... the public still sees you as being on duty, so the same concept applies.

expriencing discrimation

VamPyroX said:

If it's a co-worker, then kissing or hugging in public is often considered inappropriate. If it's a friend, but during work hours... it's sometimes considered inappropriate depending on when it takes place. If it's not during work hours, but you're in the uniform/outfit... the public still sees you as being on duty, so the same concept applies.

You're right about if I did "exposed public" at work hours which I wouldn't do that, of course. I would know it was not inapproiate. :mad:

But you've got understand this. I was with my girlfriend after lunch. We are both students and I just kissed her on her cheeks because it was her birthday she just turned 23 so which it was not french kiss or "exposed" besides the students were already inside the building only except Ms.Campbell (who is the staff came to me and told me that I can't do this public). Mrs. Campbell came to me after 2 hours later and told me this. I'm like have you told my girlfriend ? She said no. I'm like is it only me ? :dunno:

I think anybody will discrimate me being gay any moment. It's not like school board trustee or anybody authorities - just normal person will come and say to you. " You can't do this, it's not inapproiate because you were just kissing to a female student". C'mon. I am just like any straight people even they exposed the big than us. I mean they will kiss or french whatever they want on the street. Meaning a lifelong - we the gays must fight for this stupid reasons :pissed:

VamPyroX said:

That is true. My husband and I never kissed or hugged in the front of clients or colleagues at Mental Health agency. We want to respect for the clients. We keep our low profile as professionalism boundaries.

Its fine to be affectionate...but not in a workplace, really, thats a big NO, NO.
Its ok in other places, like in grocery stores, restaurants, etc., but like
a quick peck on the lips, cheek..not a long passionate kiss or french kiss, no, no...haha..thats for private like at home or in the bedroom hehe...
so it is not appropriate to do any "passionate" kissing in the workplace. My
hubby and i never did that in the workplace. We just say "hi, honey" to each
other if we run into each other at workplace.

Defee said:
Its fine to be affectionate...but not in a workplace, really, thats a big NO, NO.
Its ok in other places, like in grocery stores, restaurants, etc., but like
a quick peck on the lips, cheek..not a long passionate kiss or french kiss, no, no...haha..thats for private like at home or in the bedroom hehe...
so it is not appropriate to do any "passionate" kissing in the workplace. My
hubby and i never did that in the workplace. We just say "hi, honey" to each
other if we run into each other at workplace.
'

yes I do understand your point. I'm talking about people who are gays are constantly discrimating for small priceless reasons.

They get critizied by just walking or holding hands in the streets.

I'm saying that we dont do this in public - Just that one person will walking toward to me and tell me you cannot do this in public but that's wrong! I didn't do any "exposed deeply affected anyone". I never put anyone put to make them uncomfortable.

You're lucky to be straight for small reasons. We the gays will get discrimation everyday face in our lives. :ugh: :crazy:

HippieSnow05 said:
'

yes I do understand your point. I'm talking about people who are gays are constantly discrimating for small priceless reasons.

They get critizied by just walking or holding hands in the streets.

I'm saying that we dont do this in public - Just that one person will walking toward to me and tell me you cannot do this in public but that's wrong! I didn't do any "exposed deeply affected anyone". I never put anyone put to make them uncomfortable.

You're lucky to be straight for small reasons. We the gays will get discrimation everyday face in our lives. :ugh: :crazy:

Oh ok i understand what you are saying...you are saying that you feel that you are being discriminated because you are gay and that gays cant be affectionate in public like holding hands, a small peck on cheek in public..oh geez! well, yeah that is discrimination! Oh im sorry! really, i would never, ever
say that to any gay people! but i know some people are prejudiced, and it is
so wrong!...my hubby told me this distressing story the other day when he went to a barber shop and he was pretty upset and shocked...this very nasty
barber but very religious barber was talking against the gay people openly! in front of other guys in the barber shop! he said " All gay people will go to hell"
my husband was mortified!..so shocked to death!..that a couple of guys walked out!! and this barber said " oh ho! i bet these who just walked out are
GAYS!....crikey! can you believe that???? i told my hubby that this barber was SO WAY OUT OF LINE!!!! HE HAD NO RIGHT TO TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT
GAY PEOPLE!!!!
My hubby said he wont be going back to that barber shop again! geeeez!

Defee said:
Oh ok i understand what you are saying...you are saying that you feel that you are being discriminated because you are gay and that gays cant be affectionate in public like holding hands, a small peck on cheek in public..oh geez! well, yeah that is discrimination! Oh im sorry! really, i would never, ever
say that to any gay people! but i know some people are prejudiced, and it is
so wrong!...my hubby told me this distressing story the other day when he went to a barber shop and he was pretty upset and shocked...this very nasty
barber but very religious barber was talking against the gay people openly! in front of other guys in the barber shop! he said " All gay people will go to hell"
my husband was mortified!..so shocked to death!..that a couple of guys walked out!! and this barber said " oh ho! i bet these who just walked out are
GAYS!....crikey! can you believe that???? i told my hubby that this barber was SO WAY OUT OF LINE!!!! HE HAD NO RIGHT TO TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT
GAY PEOPLE!!!!
My hubby said he wont be going back to that barber shop again! geeeez!

That's perfect example right there as you said that your husband heard over the religous barber talking about against to the people who are gays. Thats how we must deal with it from their mouth, behavior or whatever they want us to do, etc.

What you expect us to do what ? To be a un-fighter or speak up for our rights ? This is what we (gays) have to think about. Just I am saying whatever they do to us that is SUCK! :mad: :deal:

Yeah I'm lez and have cute girlfriend :)

We just want to be same like everyone else not just torturing us like we're just some sin or from the hell. We're just "People". :pissed:

Thanks for understanding, Defee.

Fly Free said:
stay out like u always have been! a kiss and a hug in public wont kill anyone! :roll:

Know what ? THANK YOU !!! I'm sure you UNDY HOW I FEEL !!!!!!!!!!!!! :bowdown:

Kai Onca said:
what type of school is this?

I attend techinal school where I met my girlfriend there and the only staff come againist me because I was kissing her but not "exposed" to anyone.

Back