Dinner Date

It could. Think about a tea kettle whistling; it's the same principle.

Oh, oh, I'm showing my age. Maybe people don't use steam tea kettles anymore?

:giggle: I don't know, I don't have a tea kettle. You're funny, Reba. :giggle:

Reba, people use electric tea kettles. They still whistle though.
Did you know that microwaved water will kill plants?

Reba, people use electric tea kettles. They still whistle though.
Did you know that microwaved water will kill plants?

WOW............I have never heard that before in my life...........so why would you microwave the water before watering a plant?? I just wonder about that?

WOW............I have never heard that before in my life...........so why would you microwave the water before watering a plant?? I just wonder about that?

Um me too, I'm very curious,

Maybe it was an accidental discovery. Like someone used left over water that was previously microwaved and then watered a plant with it......

Maybe it was an accidental discovery. Like someone used left over water that was previously microwaved and then watered a plant with it......

I hope you're right if not, I can only imagine the plants screaming in silence along the words of "ouch ouch ouch" :giggle:

It was a science experiment that a little girl did for a
science project. When I did further research I also
found out that they(scientists) think the microwave
reverses the spin of the electrons in the water
molecules.

Microwaved Water and Plants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a link to an abstract of the 1992 Stanford study. And here's the text of the abstract:

In intensive care nurseries it has become common practice to use microwave thawing of frozen human milk for more rapid accessibility. Twenty-two freshly frozen human milk samples were tested for lysozyme activity, total IgA, and specific secretory IgA to Escherichia coli serotypes 01, 04, and 06. The samples were heated by microwave for 30 seconds at a low- or high-power setting and then reanalyzed. One-mL aliquots of 10 additional human milk samples were microwaved at low (20 degrees C to 25 degrees C), medium (60 degrees C to 70 degrees C), and high (greater than or equal to 98 degrees C) setting before the addition to each of 1 mL of diluted E coli suspension. E coli growth was determined after 3 1/2 hours of incubation at 37 degrees C. Microwaving at high temperatures (72 degrees C to 98 degrees C) caused a marked decrease in activity of all the tested antiinfective factors. E coli growth at greater than or equal to 98 degrees C was 18 times that of control human milk. Microwaving at low temperatures (20 degrees C to 53 degrees C) had no significant effect on total IgA, specific IgA to E coli serotypes 01 and 04, but did significantly decrease lysozyme and specific IgA to E coli serotype 06. Even at 20 degrees C to 25 degrees C, E coli growth was five times that of control human milk. Microwaving appears to be contraindicated at high temperatures, and questions regarding its safety exist even at low temperatures.
Posted by Alex in San Diego on Fri Apr 21, 2006 at 09:30 AM

BTW the little girl was a bright one but still just
a little girl, and the experiment had no controls
and maybe she killed the plant by not "talking
nice to it" or something. I suspect the plant died
due to increased fungal or bacterial growth. My
theroy only. I think microwaving makes water
less healthful, making the plant less able to
fight off illness. Just a thought.

I told my boyfriend on e-mail messages about i would like going out dinner with him one days and i wanted be alone with him and have nice eat than my families together with me and my boyfriend but i told him i would like have peaceful dinner together as "dating" and i told my mom about that same things but i wanted quiet times with my boyfriend for out nice dinner no matter for me what my boyfriend would taking me to!

It was a science experiment that a little girl did for a
science project. When I did further research I also
found out that they(scientists) think the microwave
reverses the spin of the electrons in the water
molecules.

Microwaved Water and Plants

:giggle: Ok........so you're not some crazy microwave freak who waters her plants fro that!!!! :giggle:

:giggle: Ok........so you're not some crazy microwave freak who waters her plants fro that!!!! :giggle:

hahaha! I am always doing some kind of experiment. Not with
microwaves though. Except for blowing up bars of ivory soap
in them. Thats always a fun experiment. I experiment a lot
with cooking. Whenever I do that the kids always yell, "Get
out the peanut butter! Moms experimenting again!

Vote>>>> a Guy date take me to real expensive fancy restaurant, you have to pay $30 or more a plate? Yep!! :giggle:

Wow this did get off the point from dinner dates to lobsters and to watering plants! :hmm: guess I'll try to bring this thread back to the point.

My boyfriend and I used to go out every weekend to different places, Ruby Tuesday, Pho Saigon (vietnamese food - delicious!), family owned mexican restaurents, diners, cafes, whatever we're in the mood for. The price is not an issue for us. We like going to the Cheesecake Factory but it's like a hour drive and we heard that they're building one in our town so we're excited!

Now, we don't go out as much anymore because he's too busy hunting lol and I'm home eating whatever's left in the refrigerator. This Sunday, he promised to take me out to Ozetal (a japanese steakhouse) for my "belated" birthday dinner. Can't wait!

Vote>>>> a Guy date take me to real expensive fancy restaurant, you have to pay $30 or more a plate? Yep!! :giggle:

Guess you're the first one to bring this back on topic lol. Good job :) lets hope it stays on topic, at least for a while.

Wow this did get off the point from dinner dates to lobsters and to watering plants! :hmm: guess I'll try to bring this thread back to the point.

My boyfriend and I used to go out every weekend to different places, Ruby Tuesday, Pho Saigon (vietnamese food - delicious!), family owned mexican restaurents, diners, cafes, whatever we're in the mood for. The price is not an issue for us. We like going to the Cheesecake Factory but it's like a hour drive and we heard that they're building one in our town so we're excited!

Now, we don't go out as much anymore because he's too busy hunting lol and I'm home eating whatever's left in the refrigerator. This Sunday, he promised to take me out to Ozetal (a japanese steakhouse) for my "belated" birthday dinner. Can't wait!

:giggle::giggle: Sorry........the whole microwave water and dead plants was weird!!! I had to know.

I don't mind once in a while going out to a fancy $30.00 a plate kind of place but I also enjoy just as much going to the local Hurricans for a great burger and a beer. Just a meal with out the kids once in a while is nice no matter where it is.

:giggle::giggle: Sorry........the whole microwave water and dead plants was weird!!! I had to know.

I don't mind once in a while going out to a fancy $30.00 a plate kind of place but I also enjoy just as much going to the local Hurricans for a great burger and a beer. Just a meal with out the kids once in a while is nice no matter where it is.

Sorry here too! My husband is always telling me to quit
changing topics so fast! And thats when I'm just talking!
:scatter:

I love Lee and Rick's Oyster Bar. Basically, I am ready to go anywhere that has raw oysters, seafood and a good rum and coke.

R

Back