Did you wear body aid while young?

Ayup.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytlSvF_p_SI]YouTube - My late grandpa and the crowd, 1987[/ame]

:hmm:

Never had them - got my first BTE when I was 7 in 1970, 2nd BTE at 8 and 3rd and last BTE at 10. Got my 2 ITE's at age 38. Never needed anything after age 43.

Mod Note:

Thread moved from General Chat to Hearing Aids & Cochlear Implants.

I had body FM, I hated it when I was a kid.

Ekkk @ 3 pictures of BODY Aids! LoL I used to have body aids for few months when I was 4. I hate it!!! I wanted back to BTE from repair.

ummm, I don't think it is the sound quality that made people hate bodyworn. It is how we feel about wearing that huge object especially in front of people. Kids today still wear bodyworn and I'm sure they hate it just as much as we did in the past. Most younger CI children wear bodyworn. Some just wear their BTE CI like a bodyworn too. I know they hate exposing themselves like that as we do.It annoying for one thing (huge, heavy,too much wires, etc), and wearing it front of people where everyone will stare is another. I got stared at all the time in school. It doesn't matter what the sound quality is like. It's worst when a teacher have control of what you can and can not hear although That's something they can't help.. but they have turn the microphone on to force you to listen to them and force you to filter out backgrounds. It is still the same with CI children.

Sure, I wore two of them in my chest pockets and I looked "matured" long before my time. Finally got my behind-the ear hearing aids around 13 years old.

That's how many people feel about hearing aids and cochlear implants. Ain't hearing technology grand?

Since I don't hear any answer from those CIers who died from meningitis, so I take that they don't like it.

^

That's weak, man, cut it out - seriously. :|
CI or non-CI or not, anyone's opinion can be expressed freely in this thread unless you wrote it somewhere beforehand.

i lost a govt funded hearing aid because it fell off so now i use body worns so i no when they fall off

I'm another that wore body aids back then when I was a kid during the 60's + 70's. Stopped wearing them when I was about 15.

That although I didn't know it at the time, however looking back, I think the body aids were probably more powerful than the BTE's were at the time, especially for the profoundly deaf...

I wore one long time ago when I was a kid as well in the 80's. The cool thing about it is that you could hear someone talking in the other room with a microphone.

Back