Did you know those Religion symbol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
I need your answer to my question and hope some of you know those symbol of religion, *M* beleive in. We do feel stupid if we want to ask her which kind of religion she beleive in.

My co-worker *I* left for pension last year. We have a new German lady *M* as replacement for *I* in our Division last September 2006.

We tried our best to know her better. As far as we know that she married twice to Americans.

The problem is we are unsure about her after know her better... She is a definiety sweet-tooth. She is craving for sweets a lot including breakfast, lunch, afternoon.... and doesn't affect her weight... Of course we envy her... lucky her :giggle:

Anyway, we began to notice:

She don't want to drink coffee to share with us in the office and never touch something what we give out.. like homemade cake, cookies, sweets, a glass of wine or champage etc... but she give out herself is okay.. what she buy herself is okay... what she buy and give out to us herself is okay but not okay for her when we buy and give out something?????????

She buy her own sweets and like to spoil us with sweets or whatever... I bought sweet to share as well... She refused to touch the sweets, I or my co-workers give out...

We (co-worker ladies) like to share our little surprise gifts (Easter, Birthday, Christmas, New Year)..... *M* accepted our gift and thank us but those gifts are untouch and unwrapped...

*M* find dozen of excuses for not attend co-workers's parties in the canteen where there're celebration... example birthdays, Xmas, etc. Her own party, she invite us to attend....

I gave her Easter craft gift last week... Guess what she left unwrapped gift on her office desk... My co-worker *G* and boss gave her Easter chocolates because they know she is chocolate lover... Guess what, she gave those chocolates where she got the gifts to share everyone... My boss gave her chocolate santa figure last December... is still there in her office... New Year as well... When her own birthday, she invite us to celebrate her birthday... okay... but she don't want any gifts from us but money gift... Okay, no problem... It look like that she cannot trust to touch something what we all give her???????????????

It annoy my boss because he invited us to have meal with him on Valentine Day in canteen. She find excuse for not attend... It's same with birthdays, Xmas, Easter... We are helpless and don't know what we do with her... but accept what she is... My co-worker *G* & I discussed either we continue to give her gift or not in the future... ???????

It could be something do with religion symbol? We know she married to American that's why I ask you all for feedback and either you know those symbol or not... I would feel dumb if I ask her question what kind of religion she believe in?

Of course I brought those issues to my family. They guess it could be JW belief? I said No because I know JW's belief.. it doesn't match her... It could be something different since I know that Americans have many different beliefs... when there're no Catholic, Luthern, Baptist, Christianity, and go on....?????

I hope those description, I made about her help you to know what kind of religion she beleive in?

I would appreciate for your posts to tell me what you think of this and what you suspect about this?

FYI symbol = picture or shape to represent something or stand for something.

So I believe your question is "what religion does this person belong to?"

my first thought was JW oh well..

FYI symbol = picture or shape to represent something or stand for something.

So I believe your question is "what religion does this person belong to?"

my first thought was JW oh well..

Yes, that's symbol I am talking about.

We tried to picture kind of religion image, she beleive in thru her behavior/character... I prefer to add "symbol" instead of which religion she belongs to because I'm unsure either it's something do with her belief or not... that's why I use "symbol" to picture her image to see either the ADers know those symbol or not.

Why don't you just ask her instead of speculating?

It might not even be a religious "thing". She might have some kind of OCD problem, or just have eccentric habits (like "Monk").

I don't think she's JW because she celebrates her birthday.

If she observes Kosher dietary rules I think she would have said something by now.

i'm inclined to agree with both Reba and Yiffzer.. She's either OCD or Kosher.. And there are some religious people do not want to appear rude, so they just try to avoid situations where they would seem rude. IE not touching what others bring.. I'd suggest asking her, in a friendly way, why she's the way she is. she might not even know that her co- workers are wondering why she's showing this behavior.

Maybe, it's not because of religious reasons... just her personal preference.

She probably doesn't trust people enough to take things from them. :dunno:

Or... she could be Jewish and doesn't accept non-kosher food? :dunno:

I don't know what to say about her. At first I thought it was sign of abusive by her spouse but I read on and it wasn't. She could be addict not to touch anything or thinks it's all germs if you give it to her. It has something to do with touching. She doesn't want to be near or share in group because she may be afraid to get germs from you and co-workers. I don't believe it has to do with religious.

I do not see bizzare behavior has to do with her religion belief that is if she has a religion. Some people are not too crazy about the gifts included me.

If she doesn't drink coffee, then she could be a Mormon.
However, I haven't met Mormons who refuse to eat food from other people. Mormons are known for their potluck parties, so that rules Mormon out.

Yiff does make sense, with his "kosher" suggestion.

Why don't you just ask her instead of speculating?

Smartest reply in this thread. While the notion of it may be somewhat rude, it'd stop a can of worms from blowing up in someones face. Think throughly how to present the question on good grounds as to try to not offend said person, if said person gets offended life goes on.

Excuse me for not response your posts here an earlier. I have a good look at her after get answers from you all.

Smartest reply in this thread. While the notion of it may be somewhat rude, it'd stop a can of worms from blowing up in someones face. Think throughly how to present the question on good grounds as to try to not offend said person, if said person gets offended life goes on.

Yes, that's right.

I know it has nothing do with kosher or Mormon... because she can eat anything she brought with. Reba's post over OCD problems or eccentric habits got my attention. She made a good point so I watch her after her suggestion post and thought to myself the germ could be reason, she obessed to?

Nope, because she bought something from supermarket herself to eat or go to canteen to get something... It has nothing do with obessed to germ or kind of OCD problems.

I agree that it could be eccentricity.

Thank you again. I appreciate it very much for your feedbacks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back