Did you know that...?

I think it's because majority of humans are right-handers so.... :hmm:

Ah... there is an ADer named Phillips or something and she seems to know alot of horses. Perhaps she will help us. :hmm:

I often wonder why the riders prefer to mount on horses from the left. :hmm:

Most people are right handed, thus people used the sword in the middle ages with their right hand and they had it hanging on the left side of their body -> thus making it easier to mount the horse ;)

PS. Yes I paid attention watching the documentary :giggle:

Most people are right handed, thus people used the sword in the middle ages with their right hand and they had it hanging on the left side of their body -> thus making it easier to mount the horse ;)

PS. Yes I paid attention watching the documentary :giggle:

interesting! however... people from much earlier age like indians mount from left side so "right-hand" thing is probably the biggest reason.

Did you know that grey cats are actually black cats, but there's a mess-up in their genes that makes the black color grey. And almost all black cats are tabbies (I could be wrong here), which is why, when the light hits a black cat a certain way, you can see the tabby stripes.
except the American & British Bombay cats. They do not have stripes....(see my post above ;p ) My cat is a solid a sable/dark chocolate color when the light hits her.

I often wonder why the riders prefer to mount on horses from the left. :hmm:

From what I understand it has to do with the horse and not the rider. A few websites mention that that's the way horses were always trained and such due to the swords and gear from way back. It seems you can train a horse to allow mounting from the right side, but it's not always easy. A horses nervous system runs along the right side and they are a little more jumpy or whatever when someone mounts from that side.

Did you know that the Soviets were the ones that developed montage and spread it's use more so than the French?

Did you know that Texas, beside the United States, is one of the top 20 richest countries?

I didn't know that Texas was a country...LOL

:lol: Texas was a country for 9 years from 1836 to 1845 and another country under Confederate States from 1861 to 1865.

btw, we are considering to secession from the United States of America again. :P

:lol: Texas was a country for 9 years from 1836 to 1845 and another country under Confederate States from 1861 to 1865.

btw, we are considering to secession from the United States of America again. :P

That I knew. And the second, has been threatened for the longest time.:lol:

That I knew. And the second, has been threatened for the longest time.:lol:

Many here believe that the statehood of TX was not carried out according to law....therefore still a Country

On March 2, 1836, while in the middle of a war for its independence, the Texians boldly declared their independence from Mexico, which itself several years before had declared itself independent from Spain. The Texian movement, which had begun formally on November 13, 1835, assembled and adopted the formation of a provisional government. Texians were at war to free them selves from a tyrannical government, but there are also historical records to show that there was another agenda directed towards eventually bringing Texas into a union with the United States. After the fall of the Alamo, delegates in convention adopted a constitution for the new nation of Texas, known as the republic of Texas, on March 17, 1836. On May 14, 1836, by secret agreement in the Treaty of Velasco with Mexico's General Santa Anna, Texas became a free and sovereign nation. On April 25, 1838, the United States of America entered into a formal treaty, which was declared ratified on October 13, 1838. This treaty recognized the full boundaries of the republic of Texas that were also agreed to by the Adams-onis Treaty in 1819 between the united States of America and the Nation of Spain, which encompassed approximately 393,000 square miles of land and included parts of the present corporate states of Oklahoma, New Mexico, Kansas, Colorado, and Wyoming.

The Congressional Records of both the Congress of the United States and Congress of the republic of Texas, between 1837 and 1845, show that there had been several attempts to bring Texas into a union with the United States; but due to the aggressive stances of several senators and congressmen, such as John Quincy Adams, they were able to prove on the U.S. Congressional Record that it would be unconstitutional for the United States to annex the Texas Nation or any other foreign nation without proper ratification of an amendment to the Constitution to allow for such annexation. But on February 27, 1845, the Senate of the United States usurped its authority under the U.S. Constitution and started the unlawful process to annex Texas, a foreign Nation. This usurpation of authority lacked any lawful foundation under International Law, Law of Nations and the United States Constitution. The U.S. senate was unable to muster enough votes to pass an unlawful treaty; so they proceeded to unlawfully annex the Texas Nation with a so-called joint resolution. There is a big difference between a Treaty and a Resolution. There has never been a lawful Treaty of Annexation between the united States of America and the republic of Texas. The records of these congressional proceedings during 1845 and early 1846 are quite explicit, with documented facts showing the unlawful annexation

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

Did you know that the strongest voluntary muscle in the body is the tongue? :naughty:

:naughty:

that spider bites hurt ALOT. Then itch & burn like hell....see my post in the "What did you learn today?" thread.

Back