Did you know that...?

I knew that! :P:giggle:
Did you know that dark meat in chicken is formed by mitochondria and it makes ATP via a form of fermentation due to a lack of oxygen in those muscles. Why? Because the chickens use their muscles a lot, and therefore the oxygen level in those muscles will be low causing it to be dark. The same also applies for migratory birds whose wings and breast meat will be darker than it's legs as they spend the majority of their time in flight.

Wow - didn't know that, but it makes sense.

Did you know that more ice cream is sold in the winter than any other season of the year?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

Dixie said:
did you know that I don't know anything?

Did you know that dark meat in chicken is formed by mitochondria and it makes ATP via a form of fermentation due to a lack of oxygen in those muscles. Why? Because the chickens use their muscles a lot, and therefore the oxygen level in those muscles will be low causing it to be dark. The same also applies for migratory birds whose wings and breast meat will be darker than it's legs as they spend the majority of their time in flight.

You got the general idea, it is dark due to high concentrations of myoglobin, a protein (similar to blood hemoglobin) in muscle that as described above transfers oxygen to oxidize the byproducts produced by mitochondrial metabolic processes.

Did you know that butterflies only have average of 2 weeks life expectanty? Beauty comes in a short flash.

Did you know that your toe/finger nails grow from the outside not from inside that "pushes them out"

Wow, I did not know that. Very interesting! :cool2:

Yep, I found that out the hard way when my girlfriend had nail polish on her toe nails....she left it on for a while....the new growth came out from outside. My gf and I were shocked! :shock:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

Did you know that the strongest voluntary muscle in the body is the tongue? :naughty:

Last edited:

Did you know that the strongest voluntary muscle in the body is the tongue? :naughty:

Ur joking?

sequoias said:

Ur joking?

Nope, Google it! :D

You got the general idea, it is dark due to high concentrations of myoglobin, a protein (similar to blood hemoglobin) in muscle that as described above transfers oxygen to oxidize the byproducts produced by mitochondrial metabolic processes.

Thank you for clarifying, I knew I had the idea down, but I couldn't think of the term myoglobin, which is why I generalized it so much. All I could come up with was fermentation and I knew it wasn't exactly correct as other bacteria and organisms use the fermentation process.

Did you know that when a tree grows, it covers everything in sight....will even swallow a nail whole as year comes by, leaving nothing was even there!

I did know that! wow I impressed myself :)

show off:zzz: :lol:

I knew that too!!! :naughty: Don't ask me how. :giggle:

Did you know that small bullet like 5.56 that M-16 uses are more deadly than big bullet like .30-06 that M1 Garand use?

Did you know that when a tree grows, it covers everything in sight....will even swallow a nail whole as year comes by, leaving nothing was even there!

Yes because we had some timber cut a couple of years ago, and the loggers were griping because their saws were getting ruined by the various objects being found in trees.

Did you know that there are about 250,000,000 hairs on your head?

Yes because we had some timber cut a couple of years ago, and the loggers were griping because their saws were getting ruined by the various objects being found in trees.

:lol: Don't blame those trees...that's their job.

Did you know that small bullet like 5.56 that M-16 uses are more deadly than big bullet like .30-06 that M1 Garand use?

I knew this......I think it is written on my Birth Certificate.

Did you know it is Texas Day today?

Happy Texas Day! Seems like we should have a special execution at mignight every year. :lol:

:lol: Don't blame those trees...that's their job.

I could see why though as they had found an iron fencepost in one! :eek3: But they mostly found nails, barbwire, bits and pieces of rope, even a small chain.

Happy Texas Day! Seems like we should have a special execution at mignight every year. :lol:

Happy Texas Day to you :)

Yep, I knew this. Happy Texas to ya, too!

Back