Did anyone.....

Mizzou

Reaction score
Straight/gay friendly - You are welcome to post here... I was asking GLBT people to post, too.

Did anyone ever carry their doll, purse, or blanket when you were kid/young ??

Last night, We saw kids on Edds Bridge (EATS ON BRIDGE) and they carry their purse or doll -- would they be femme or lesbain/straight/gay in the future ??

Feedback with me here. :)

Actually, that thing is kinda bullshit. Every kid goes through a bit of their opposite side while growing up. That is just a common assumption that they have on the GLBT community. I think that it shouldn't be labeled as a "gay/lesbian" issue. It should be considered as an "identity crisis" issue.

I remember years ago when there was a controversal issue with the Teletubbies. They originally three characters: red, yello, and green. Later, they added a fourth character that was purple. Ironically, this character also had a triangle symbol on its head as well as carrying a purse. These teletubbies were labeled as male characters, but having a "boy"... in purple... with a triangle symbol on his head... while carrying a purse... brought out this issue that they were promoting homosexuality. Later, that issue faded away. I don't know where they stand right now on that... but the last time I caught a glimpse of that television show, he wasn't carrying a purse any more. :dunno:

Okay, I guess it is not good direction for you --

When I was kid -- I slept with dolls like bear, ANDY, MONK from Mindy and Monk, Pac-man (odd things)

I play with cars, bounic woman, wonder woman, superman dolls.

During I was kid to pre-teens wore baseball cap.

In the teens, I try carry purses (different sizes)

Now, I carry nothing! JUST my wallet and portofile bag for work.

THERE YOU GO!

i would play with matchbox cars and leave the dolls naked even barbie! :lol: later as a teen i did try to become more femme but knowing my character not fit but at least i gave it a try hahahah

oh well, i am going tell u the truth here.. i used live in Houston, TX, i was 4 and half yrs old, i got 2 pillows feather inside.. i still have it since 24 yrs now.. i still sleep with it.. i wont let anyone throw my fave pillows away.. i cherish!!!!

i have to be honest here LOL i did similar to what fly did but mostly played with the dukes of hazzard cars and action figures and GI joe i guess it was inevitable ?? hahaha anyway the only time i carried a purse was in my JHS days but it didnt fit me well so i never carried a purse except backpacks for schools and i always had my wallet in either the backpacks or in my back pocket it just felt more comfy and i was assured of my whereabts on my stuff. I Used to dressed up as a cop all my life til was abt 10 CHiPs uniform, GI Joe's Uniform i was a BONAFIDE tomboy til JHS tried out the dresses BLECH it just made me more self concious forget that so pants was worn most of my life with one exceptions PROMS heh

Well i played mostly with dolls when i was a kid but i also played with cars, trucks etc, prefered to play baseball, climbed trees and all but when i got to 7th grade, i went from being tomboy to a primpin gal when i became interested in boys haha...it dont mean anything if girls played with boy toys or boys play with dolls...really!

When I was a kid. I didn't have alot of toys.. I was poor. The only thing I have is huge Teddy Bear stuffed animal that I got for Xmas when I was 12. It is in the closet sitting on the shelf. It is my favorite one. When I was pre-teen, I played football with neighbor boys every day. Also played basketball & soccor with my lesbian cousin. I didn't carry purse while I was in HS and in Gally. I did after I left Gally. Now I don't carry them anymore. It's soo annoying. I rather to have my wallet in my backpocket and money in my front pocket. What's more I do not have to worry abt my purse in my arm. My arms are free.

MizzDeaf said:
Okay, I guess it is not good direction for you --

When I was kid -- I slept with dolls like bear, ANDY, MONK from Mindy and Monk, Pac-man (odd things)

I play with cars, bounic woman, wonder woman, superman dolls.

During I was kid to pre-teens wore baseball cap.

In the teens, I try carry purses (different sizes)

Now, I carry nothing! JUST my wallet and portofile bag for work.

THERE YOU GO!
Don't you mean Mork? (Mork & Mindy starring Robin Williams as the alien from Planet Ork)

Now what, which is a bigger issue: The "halftime show", the purple teletubbie, or the kid carrying a purse?

Thats why I stick with the local cable shows.

I played with matchbox cars and firecrackers and bb guns and played football as a kid.

I'm gay, go figure.

MizzDeaf said:
Straight/gay friendly - You are welcome to post here... I was asking GLBT people to post, too.

Did anyone ever carry their doll, purse, or blanket when you were kid/young ??

Last night, We saw kids on Edds Bridge (EATS ON BRIDGE) and they carry their purse or doll -- would they be femme or lesbain/straight/gay in the future ??

Feedback with me here. :)

When I was young age, i was Tomboy and used to fights with Boys. I used to collect Seasame Street dolls and Cabbage Patch Kids. I have 1970s Winnie the Pooh Blanket as well. At mainstreaming school, i used to carry my purse until i tranferred to deaf school and stopped used purse cuz deaf kids dont carry at all. I dont think so that reason to carry any dolls, blanket, or purse to make them become Lesbian or Gay. There are other reasons that they choice to be Straight or Lesbian/Gay.
Mommyof3

when i was a kid, i was very tomboy, my grandparents gave me barbies for toys, i cut their hair off, used permentant black marker to put marks on cheeks and turn them into "female" gi joe ,

I play football, and i play all boy games i didnt know how to play girl games like pat a cake or whatever... i never play dress up and all that.

i lost my favorite toy due to many personal reasons. however i got this blanket from my family which is now my favorite blanket and whenever i felt insecurity i take that blanket out and curls under it and i would not let any body take that blanket away.

btw im BI but in relationship with a male so i think what kids cherish at that young age really doesnt affect us when we were older.. much... in some cases it might show that kid was very obviously a gay cuz that boy dressed in women things or whatever u name it... and turned out he is actually gay but most of time.. we outgrow that stuff i think

Back