Democratic Party presidential candidates, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffalo

Reaction score
I was curious about who are the Democratic Party presidential candidates for this year. I googled it and found this link: Democratic Party presidential candidates, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

I laughed at the name Vermin Supreme. I didn't know that he is a perennial candidate. Suppose he won the election.... President Supreme!!??? That sounds hilarious!

I was really hoping Hillary would run. :(

Analysts say Hilary is not a likely pick for VP for Obama. I heard it on the radio earlier this week, and now I can't remember what the person's reasoning was. Dagnabbit!

I haven't seen any Dem candidates I like yet. I keep waiting.

Jen M.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

It's like we are electing a Grand Poobah at the Waterbuffalo convention. It would be funny if it weren't so serious.

Looks like it wont be Obama....he totally lost the support of the unions yesterday. And they are a group of strong financial support. I wonder now whom they will throw their $$$$ behind.

Looksd like it wont be Obama....he totally lost the support of the unions yesterday. And they are a group of strong financial support. I wonder now whom they will throw their $$$$ behind.

How do you know? Link?

IMO and I've been active in the Union (APWU) for over 40 years, so I have an inside view of the union that you don't (unless, of course, you have been a life-long union member in someway).

Vermin Supreme? Now there's a name.....can't be real......:lol:

IMO and I've been active in the Union (APWU) for over 40 years, so I have an inside view of the union that you don't (unless, of course, you have been a life-long union member in someway).

That's funny. The Unions I know are backing Obama.

That's funny. The Unions I know are backing Obama.

Unions usually endorse Dems by default. Problem is, the NRA supporters vote Rep due to their anti-gun control stance, and there are a lot of NRA members in the unions I belonged to (Sheet metal workers, United Steelworkers).

There is no way the traditional manufacturing unions will ever swing republican, not as long as republicans continue to endorse outsourcing and shipping jobs overseas in the name of higher profit. Also, the vicious anti-union rhetoric of republicans for the past twenty-five years has not helped their cause at all and will take a long time to repair.

This O.P. is about Dem. candidiate for the president in 2012. Yes, the unions want a dem. president but will only settle for one who will bring create jobs in America. Obama has shown them that he is not the guy to do that (Keystone). Nor is he active in bring jobs home. So the unions are going to look elsewhere for someone better because they got fooled by the promises of 4 years ago.

Let the EXODUS begin. The Laborer's International Union of North American has gone on record of opposing Obama's policy.

Let the EXODUS begin. The Laborer's International Union of North American has gone on record of opposing Obama's policy.

They're most likely throwing in with Ron Paul. :giggle:

They're most likely throwing in with Ron Paul. :giggle:

Possible. I'm more concern with APWU. I'll be going to the local (Houston) meeting today and asking around about the union's position.

Analysts say Hilary is not a likely pick for VP for Obama. I heard it on the radio earlier this week, and now I can't remember what the person's reasoning was. Dagnabbit!

I haven't seen any Dem candidates I like yet. I keep waiting.

Jen M.

I heard that Hilary is not going to be Obama VP running mate , Obama like
Joe Biden and will keep him. I keep hoping more Democrats candidates will run for president, but Obama is going the one the Democrats party will back up. At least this happening in my city.

I cannot imagine Obama not being the Democratic nominee. The unions might not be thrilled with him; Democrats might be disillusioned that he has not done as well as expected; and there might not be the same huge wave of enthusiasm for him this time as there was 4 years ago. But for any party to toss over a sitting President for another candidate - the mind boggles. Short of him resigning for some reason (which I certainly don't see happening), he is the presumptive and I'm sure will be the actual candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back