Decision is Made

because my children were in the hospital, I was unable to keep my appointment with the CI Surgeon, so I have had to reschedule. I am having to wait another month for my consult with him, to determine a date for surgery. My BrideGroom and I have also decided, especially with the recent bout of serious illness in our princesses, we are going to wait on our Ally's CI. We are not going to jeopardize her health for something that is not necessary. she can communicate via ASL, and that is the important aspect, communication. We are going to wait until her immune system is stronger to implant. I am going to be speaking with the surgeon as to what the best CI for me will be, because, with being told some interesting new information about a certain company looking into a light driven, instead of electrical driven CI, we may be thinking about that one. I have a month to make a decision (maybe more).

For adults I wonder if any of the companies have developed a remote combined with a wrist watch? One of the guys from church has hearing aids that he can control from his watch! There are times when I so wish I had that when switching between T-coil and regular mike on my HA because of times when there are comments from the congregation (which, of course, is not into a mike) during parts of the service.

and I'm thinking you're talking the Phonak watchpliot that the guy at your church has!

As far as I know, the light-driven implant isn't currently available. I think someone was working on developing one, but I don't know what stage it's at or if it's anywhere near testing/FDA approval for use. But do definitely discuss this with the surgeon. I'm a little curious about this, as I don't know much about it.

As for waiting for implanting your daughter until her immune system is improved, not a bad idea. You know what's best for your daughter, definitely no need to have her go through surgery if she isn't well. Hope your daughters both are feeling better!

I am going to be speaking with the surgeon as to what the best CI for me will be, because, with being told some interesting new information about a certain company looking into a light driven, instead of electrical driven CI, we may be thinking about that one. I have a month to make a decision (maybe more).

The laser light CI is not available and won't be an option for you. You could wait years for it, but you could also be hearing quite well during those years you are wasting.

Your surgeon cannot tell you what the best CI for you will be unless you have particular physiological issues that require a certain type of electrode.

I know they won't be ready for me... or for my princess... but with the company making such huge strides... shouldn't they be the one to go with?

Really, you can't go wrong with any of them. They all work and get the job done.

because my children were in the hospital, I was unable to keep my appointment with the CI Surgeon, so I have had to reschedule. I am having to wait another month for my consult with him, to determine a date for surgery. My BrideGroom and I have also decided, especially with the recent bout of serious illness in our princesses, we are going to wait on our Ally's CI. We are not going to jeopardize her health for something that is not necessary. she can communicate via ASL, and that is the important aspect, communication. We are going to wait until her immune system is stronger to implant. I am going to be speaking with the surgeon as to what the best CI for me will be, because, with being told some interesting new information about a certain company looking into a light driven, instead of electrical driven CI, we may be thinking about that one. I have a month to make a decision (maybe more).

I hope your children are feeling better soon. I am sorry they were so sick. Good luck with your CI journey.

CreatedNat, I am sorry too about your sick girls. I hope they are fully recovered now.

Interesting no GQ or Cloggy post here about the two sick girls? :hmm:

Is there some reason your feelings are hurt because you think CreatedNat didn't get well wishes from two particular members of the hundreds posting on this forum? Some reason you are calling out the (only) 2 parents of kids with CIs currently on this forum? :hmm:

If it's eating you up, why don't you contact CreatedNat privately and ask if I've sent good thoughts her way. Or do a little reading through posts before making such a bizarre statement. And by the way, I didn't get a birthday card from you this year. I can't speak for Cloggy, maybe you sent him something. What's up with that? :hmm:

Is there some reason your feelings are hurt because you think CreatedNat didn't get well wishes from two particular members of the hundreds posting on this forum? Some reason you are calling out the (only) 2 parents of kids with CIs currently on this forum? :hmm:

If it's eating you up, why don't you contact CreatedNat privately and ask if I've sent good thoughts her way. Or do a little reading through posts before making such a bizarre statement. And by the way, I didn't get a birthday card from you this year. I can't speak for Cloggy, maybe you sent him something. What's up with that? :hmm:

some reason i know you do post regularly here like everyday. I am so sure that you did read this thread especially. Well Yeah I understand you mention that you have been researching on CI very carefully and there must be knowledge of CI. Normally, you do explain about CI issue that relates with anything such as of sick or healthy I can think of. Admittedly, I did expect to read your post about something how scary about baby being sick, on the side note. I guess I was wrong about you.

some reason i know you do post regularly here like everyday. I am so sure that you did read this thread especially. Well Yeah I understand you mention that you have been researching on CI very carefully and there must be knowledge of CI. Normally, you do explain about CI issue that relates with anything such as of sick or healthy I can think of. Admittedly, I did expect to read your post about something how scary about baby being sick, on the side note. I guess I was wrong about you.

How is her children's illness a "CI issue"? Are you making a connection between a parent considering a CI and her child getting a virus:eek3: :laugh2:? But seriously, do you have a specific question about this?

It appears that she has done exactly what a good mother should and found what her sweet kids needed: urgent medical care at a hospital. Fortunately, they are at home under her good care, it seems. I do hope they continue to get well! But don't know what CI-related advice I can provide to help them recuperate -- they don't have CIs, I can only reiterate continued well wishes.

LOL Grendel, I was wondering the same thing...

I recall your previous post to CreatedNaturally about well wishes to her sick daughter. I'm glad to read they are on the mend.

How is her children's illness a "CI issue"? Are you making a connection between a parent considering a CI and her child getting a virus:eek3: :laugh2:? But seriously, do you have a specific question about this?

It appears that she has done exactly what a good mother should and found what her sweet kids needed: urgent medical care at a hospital. Fortunately, they are at home under her good care, it seems. I do hope they continue to get well! But don't know what CI-related advice I can provide to help them recuperate -- they don't have CIs, I can only reiterate continued well wishes.

All of a sudden, and for no reason. Now I know that you know a little bit about CI. Therefore I dont have a specific question anymore. Thanks for letting me know.

I agree that I am glad that her kids are in good hands.
:)

All of a sudden, and for no reason. Now I know that you know a little bit about CI. Therefore I dont have a specific question anymore. Thanks for letting me know.

I agree that I am glad that her kids are in good hands.
:)

I'm really confused on the bolded, FF. Grendel's daughter has bilateral CIs and that has been known since she joined the forum. Doesn't that imply that she knows about CI? :confused:

Back