Debating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Chorost's take.

How is it guilt? Hmm... so doctors, family, "friends" and the like that tell me how much of a let down I am for not trying hard enough is okay, but saying something against the mystical CI by stating simply that a person is not broke and does not need to be fixed is. Yet, I am rude for telling a person to become comfortable in their own skin because they should be proud of who ever they may be? Hmm... something is wrong with that... if I went to any deaf and pushed CI I would be seen as someone only trying to improve them... but saying they are okay the way they are is trying to change them, and pulling a quilt trip... odd

How's your quilting coming along?

How is it guilt? Hmm... so doctors, family, "friends" and the like that tell me how much of a let down I am for not trying hard enough is okay, but saying something against the mystical CI by stating simply that a person is not broke and does not need to be fixed is. Yet, I am rude for telling a person to become comfortable in their own skin because they should be proud of who ever they may be? Hmm... something is wrong with that... if I went to any deaf and pushed CI I would be seen as someone only trying to improve them... but saying they are okay the way they are is trying to change them, and pulling a quilt trip... odd
Would you tell a person that needed eyeglasses they should proud of what they're and not wear eyeglasses ?? This has nothing to do with being proud of you're
this has to with a person lifestyle , she was born hearing and want to going on hearing . It may come at a shock to some people but every deaf or hoh person
doesn't think it's COOL !

Michael Chorost's take.

yes he was broken and now is rebuilt.
he was once blind and now can see.......
its amazing...
amazing grace perhaps
saved from the utter hell of being Deaf is..the damnation and fire and brimstone that fate is for all lest they dont reach out and get saved...saved....SAVED.....

(shakes head)

must suck to look in the mirror everyday and see something broken, sick, cursed, in need to be fixed and a cure....a born liability, something less then everyone else...
must suck to see yourself as something less then, it really must.,,,

that only mulit-nationals who hold the keys to the proverbial heaven hold if only you would let them save you alas,,,,(waves hands as preacher) they will save you from your sin and folly oh......of being deaf

let them...
be fixed! rather then broken.....
be saved rather then damned
hallelujah

i find it interesting that ive seen all those same lines before someplace...
mmmm

i think allot of how i see it is i get allot of it form my mama..

she wouldn't take shit form anyone, and taught me what it is to have self respect and self esteem.which meant in the mirror i dont see a cursed less then, low, broken, deaf staring back...ive never seen that..
ever
ever.
(which explains why they have a very hard time pushing their messiah tech on me)

a lesson there for anyone who wishes to see it

Last edited:

yes some one of the combined system justifying it..
alright..

ever see those neat oil company commercials and docs from the very phds working in their industry
you want to guess what they were stating
it will surprise you...

Last edited:
Would you tell a person that needed eyeglasses they should proud of what they're and not wear eyeglasses ?? This has nothing to do with being proud of you're
this has to with a person lifestyle , she was born hearing and want to going on hearing . It may come at a shock to some people but every deaf or hoh person

do the manufactures of sunglasses and the professionals in the sun glass industry have as policy and goal implanted polices to deny language acquisition to those very sun glass users of an early age?

this might come a shock to you but not every Deaf think its cooll to be assimilated and drilled into..
MOST of us have very strong opinions regarding denying language to the very people who wil lead our culture into the future
our babies and children...

a jew of a all people should at least be able to get that.
given the same history we have shared with you.

Yes I would :) people should be proud of who they are and be comfortable in their own skin. Wear the glass or do not...really does not affect me in any way...

Yes I would :) people should be proud of who they are and be comfortable in their own skin. Wear the glass or do not...really does not affect me in any way...
Do you know people can get horrible headaches if they need to wear glasses and this make it very hard to be comfortable or do their job or going to school ?? And you can't drive a car safety if you need glasses to drive and getting into an accident in NOT being comfortable in your own skin ! So according to your reasoning if a person has any kind of disability they shouldn't use any device to made their lives easier , if you need a W/C you should just be comfortable sitting in your urine all day b/c you can't get to the bathroom on your own feet.

Do you know people can get horrible headaches if they need to wear glasses and this make it very hard to be comfortable or do their job or going to school ?? And you can't drive a car safety if you need glasses to drive and getting into an accident in NOT being comfortable in your own skin ! So according to your reasoning if a person has any kind of disability they shouldn't use any device to made their lives easier , if you need a W/C you should just be comfortable sitting in your urine all day b/c you can't get to the bathroom on your own feet.
Actually read my posts and you will get what I actually mean and not whatever foolishness you are wanting to put in place of my words...

Actually read my posts and you will get what I actually mean and not whatever foolishness you are wanting to put in place of my words...

Based on the earlier posts that I have quoted above and added some bold to I can see where she was coming from when she posted what she did.

Based on the earlier posts that I have quoted above and added some bold to I can see where she was coming from when she posted what she did.
Again ... read my posts and you will get what I mean and not whatever foolishness you want to replace my words with

Wear the glass or do not...really does not affect me in any way...

here is another that ignores fundamental facts of the issue.
thus ill repeat myself to be clear

do the manufactures of sunglasses and the professionals in the sun glass industry have as policy and goal implanted polices to deny language acquisition to those very sun glass users of an early age?

this might come a shock to you but not every Deaf think its coolto be assimilated and drilled into..
MOST of us have very strong opinions regarding denying language to the very people who will lead our culture into the future
our babies and children...

It is not about CIs being good or bad. It is just a choice, you are ok living without your hearing. Some people are not and never will be. Before the CI it did not matter if you were ok or not being deaf, you were just stuck with it.

It is not about CIs being good or bad. It is just a choice, you are ok living without your hearing. Some people are not and never will be. Before the CI it did not matter if you were ok or not being deaf, you were just stuck with it.

again you have not been paying attention

and actually NO we were not just stuck with it, they did all sorts of things to us, right up to 30 years ago, and still do it NOW every damn day, to deny us our culture and language. through language deprivation practices and polices. its called orlaism..and its discourse is one of colonialism. ie assimilation.

step away from me, step away form you, you are capable of doing that. i know you can.
and step away from the argument your using which is termed autonomous choice.

and look at the damage the combined system that creates, pushes, and maintains the very product you are pushing does to another people and culture.

by denying sign language acquisition to our young, this also denies our culture being transmitted to our young, this intern translates to less and less people becomign fluent in our language and culture,

they make vast profits from these devices
those profits are then used to deny our language to our own children. by their teams in the combined system all the way down the line.

this practice,
denying one language and replacing it with another is termed colonialism. and it was used with great success on other minority peoples, such as native Americans. the same ideologues who promoted assimilation of Deaf promoted assimilation of them, with the very same arguments.

the argument of autonomous choice stops being valid when those choices are destroying another culture.

or the earth, or any other field the argument is used in to justify multi-nationals mass products and their consumption

be that poisoned oceans, stripped mined land, hunted to extinction species, colonized and assimilated cultures....

the
"i want it to bad for you" argument is rather childish

Last edited:
I have no desire to see ASL disappear. There are people that being deaf does not work for them. Parents are going to do what the feel best for their kids and we can both can feel however we feel about their decisions but at the end of the day it is their decision and no one elses.

I have no desire to see ASL disappear. There are people that being deaf does not work for them. Parents are going to do what the feel best for their kids and we can both can feel however we feel about their decisions but at the end of the day it is their decision and no one elses.

ok.
pls re -read my above post
you are aware their is more involved in this then what you wish or think?
right?
thats good you don't want to see ASL disappear, now you've stated that lets move on to what the actual mulit-national corporations and the combined system that produces and maintains and pushes CI, including the professional bodies and individuals working in and associated with the field actually do

because their actions
are working towards what you've just claimed you dont want

you and i or anyone are not islands.
we do not exist in a vacuum separate form all others, our actions our choices impact others.

this is what ive been trying to get through to you.,

the very people that drill those devices into our babies heads are the same damn people and entities who work and do deny sign language acquisition to those very human beings theyve drilled into.

again
i want my product to hell if it harms or hurts anyone else
is rather childish..

Problem is parents keep making that choice for their kids. If you say something the first thing you are told is don't tell me how raise my kid. So I leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back