Debating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any reason why you must go bilateral immediately? Can you get just one for your worst ear now, live with that for a while, and then later get the second CI if you still want that?

I have spoke with adults that are bilateral and they all said the same thing that they wish they got them at the same time.

It's not a rush to fix anything. I have had set back after set back when it comes to school from injuries to just being to sick to go to school. I have 2 other surgeries I'm going through all before the year is over so when school starts in not missing anything and having to leave again. That is all I have been waiting to do is go back to school. I know I will have physical therapy and speech but my doctors are aware I will only be available after a certain time.

Ok, and what is so scared about becoming deaf?

Last edited:
Communication with my family and friends and school. I'm not in the deaf world at all. My college courses for ASL are at the deaf school in my city so hopefully that will help.

Communication with my family and friends and school. I'm not in the deaf world at all. My college courses for ASL are at the deaf school in my city so hopefully that will help.

you can communicate with your friends or family in sign of course.
ask them if they would like to learn it with you?

if they give you back a bunch of bigoted stuff then you know who your true friends are

people who wish to be a meaningful part of your life will wish to communicate with you in sign if that's what you wish.

sign never breaks, sign doesn't need batteries.

you don't need drilled holes in your head to communicate

My family wants to learn but everyone is either in school playing sports or in a big part of their career right now. I'm the only with no kids and have time to learn. My family is a dig sports family so every college student is on schalor and ever high school student is AP and in sports and ever adult is working on their masters or PhD at the moment. Some know the basics but my niece is learning like I did and she is catching on fast. On holidays and get together a when the whole famile is together then some of us practice. Together. But my mom and my sisters are really wanting to take classes.

Oh sport? I remember my ex's bro threw football at her accidentally. He hit her side of her head where her CI at. She was unconscious for two days. that was long time ago....... so I asked her how can she play basketball with CI.... she said she didn't wear CI with her. She played without it. i thought she did with ci and band on.

My family wants to learn but everyone is either in school playing sports or in a big part of their career right now. I'm the only with no kids and have time to learn. My family is a dig sports family so every college student is on schalor and ever high school student is AP and in sports and ever adult is working on their masters or PhD at the moment. Some know the basics but my niece is learning like I did and she is catching on fast. On holidays and get together a when the whole famile is together then some of us practice. Together. But my mom and my sisters are really wanting to take classes.

the trick is simply learn one sign a day that sit, every time you them toss them a sign just one sign and use that with them always in the house wherever.
thats 30 signs in a month
60 in two
90 in three....

same with your fiends..it really is that simple, as you learn and acquire the vocab and the grammar you share that with them by using it, and they will sue it with you because they want to be a part of your live and communicate..

how many different words do you think you use with people in English on any give day?

you dont need drilled hole into
you dotn need to be implanted

No one in my family has a Ci or hearing loss so that's why ASL isn't used in my family. I asked my mom if I was born deaf would she implant me or send me to deaf school so I can use ASL and she said she wouldn't implant me unless I was old enough to choose for myself. She said she would learn ASL with me and make sure my sisters and close family know that is how I communicate.

the trick is simply learn one sign a day that sit, every time you them toss them a sign just one sign and use that with them always in the house wherever.
thats 30 signs in a month
60 in two
90 in three....

same with your fiends..it really is that simple, as you learn and acquire the vocab and the grammar you share that with them by using it, and they will sue it with you because they want to be a part of your live and communicate..

how many different words do you think you use with people in English on any give day?

you dont need drilled hole into
you dotn need to be implanted
I learned about 50-100 words a night but that is because I have chronic insomnia and I learn things almost immediately so for me is was no hesitation.

No one in my family has a Ci or hearing loss so that's why ASL isn't used in my family. I asked my mom if I was born deaf would she implant me or send me to deaf school so I can use ASL and she said she wouldn't implant me unless I was old enough to choose for myself. She said she would learn ASL with me and make sure my sisters and close family know that is how I communicate.

Soon or later you might loose your hearing??? yes? why not they would learn asl before you might think you going loose your hearing?

I learned about 50-100 words a night but that is because I have chronic insomnia and I learn things almost immediately so for me is was no hesitation.

right but with those around you you want to keep it in small bites..
slower the better for them
just one sign a day..
its slow but they will acquire it and use it with you in no time...

you should re consider your decision re drill

live life with no wires attached...

Would it be weird if I sigh and speak daily around them. I was thinking of doing that and they will catch on hopefully.

Chronic inosomnia ?? whoa

chronic insomnia is not healthy ... i used have that.

Would it be weird if I sigh and speak daily around them. I was thinking of doing that and they will catch on hopefully.

do that.
i sign with hearies and Deafies is sign with everyone.
i do it to hearie sot do them a favor..to not repeat themselves they see me signing they im Deaf
yeah
sign girl....

There is no difference if you are born deaf or not... If someone wants to learn sign, they will. Sometimes they have to be reminded how hard communication is and it is quite rude for them to only expect you to out in the effort.
I stopped speaking to my friends and family... Only signed and oddly they started learning sign... So no it is not weird. You have the right to ASL... And it can help reduce your fears...

Curious you emotion school and surgeries, I do hope all is well for you... But are you looking to get CI before school or after?

I am Hoh and I sign and talk around my family. At first they thought it was weird or distracting but now they are starting to pick up asl words and signing back.

I am Hoh and I sign and talk around my family. At first they thought it was weird or distracting but now they are starting to pick up asl words and signing back.

You lucky have family working on asl but I been forced talk with family my own voice every time. It was too bad for them they wanna to know what my friends said with sign language. I forced them go figure out what they said.

Curious you emotion school and surgeries, I do hope all is well for you... But are you looking to get CI before school or after?
Before school that's why I am for sure getting my right CI but debating about getting the left one at the same time. If I do it now then I won't have to worry about missing any school later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back