Deal Breakers on dates

Fly Free

Reaction score
What are ur deal breakers that would lead to no 2nd dates qq

My list:

Self-centered

Talking obsessively about the ex (shows me that she is not over the ex)

Complains about finances

Not listening to anything I am saying

Not responding to me

Lying when caught (when story doesn't jibe it puts up red flags)

No sense of humor

Too touchy/feely

Not being polite

Obvious hypocrite

Fly Free said:
What are ur deal breakers that would lead to no 2nd dates qq

My list:

Self-centered

Talking obsessively about the ex (shows me that she is not over the ex)

Complains about finances

Not listening to anything I am saying

Not responding to me

Lying when caught (when story doesn't jibe it puts up red flags)

No sense of humor

Too touchy/feely

Not being polite

Obvious hypocrite

You touched all of these sore spots for me. Also, I dont like a guy who is not sensitive or compassionate. I cant stand men who are not perceptive or keeps looking around at other women.

yea Meg -- and theres MORE on my end that i had thought of:

having the stupid pager/cell phone on dates -- VERY RUDE! theyre not an accessory to the person

talking on the pager/cell phone while on the date

I had come to realize that even tho so many deafies have pagers and all -- it does NOT mean they have to BRING it with them on dates, they can be left either at home or in the car TURNED OFF

next date im on im gonna make sure she doesnt have the pager/cell phone with her -- if i find her to have herself "accessorized" with it :thumbd: -- ive learned thru experiences and observations and i just simply CANNOT accept nor tolerate that anymore :roll:

Fly Free said:
yea Meg -- and theres MORE on my end that i had thought of:

having the stupid pager/cell phone on dates -- VERY RUDE! theyre not an accessory to the person

talking on the pager/cell phone while on the date

I had come to realize that even tho so many deafies have pagers and all -- it does NOT mean they have to BRING it with them on dates, they can be left either at home or in the car TURNED OFF

next date im on im gonna make sure she doesnt have the pager/cell phone with her -- if i find her to have herself "accessorized" with it :thumbd: -- ive learned thru experiences and observations and i just simply CANNOT accept nor tolerate that anymore :roll:
my point is what if EMERENCY how family reach with her or him while on dates??? :sure:

TweetyBird said:
my point is what if EMERENCY how family reach with her or him while on dates??? :sure:

The point is that too many people " chat" away on the pagers. I see many chatting away, not just checking quickly whether it is an emergency page or not.

I would never use my pager on a date - I will give him all of my attention and if my pager keeps vibrating, I would excuse myself and go to the bathroom to check it out to see if its emergency or not.

Meg said:
The point is that too many people " chat" away on the pagers. I see many chatting away, not just checking quickly whether it is an emergency page or not.

I would never use my pager on a date - I will give him all of my attention and if my pager keeps vibrating, I would excuse myself and go to the bathroom to check it out to see if its emergency or not.
oh yea it true!!! u got right point..

Meg said:

ahh u beat me to it Meg -- exactly my thoughts! :thumb:

another thought --

plus it boils down to COMMON SENSE -- ive noticed some ppl simply dont have common sense when theyre out on dates and pulls out the cell phone/pager and starts talking/texting away :roll: -- a short check to see if emergency or not is acceptable which generally would have taken like 30 sec to 1 min altho it IS nicer if the cell phone/pager was left at home or in the car -- their friends/family would know theyre out on a date wouldnt they q i would inform others that i will be out on a date and that i should be back home by (whatever specified time) and that has worked well for me in the past and leave the pager/cell phone either at home or in the car turned OFF

Welcome to the technology world, we're all addicted to those itty bitty devices, so what can we do about it? It's our problem, not yours. :)

no it isnt Sequois -- but i will walk out on the date and leave the bill for the date to foot that would also include the tip even if it has been agreed we pay dutch (50/50) :D

i personally would prefer to be polite on the date even if i found that im not interested in the woman im out on a date with so thus no cell phone/pagers are going to be with me -- call me OFOS if u like -- that kind of behavior is more appreciated

oh well, if u dont like it then just let this woman who bring pager or cell with her.. in case if EMERENCY so they wanna bring with it.. if on date, if feel vibration then say excuse me, i go bathroom and check if any emerency, if not then come back with dates that SIMPLE!

let me example, if u dont like for woman bring pager or cell, if their one of family happen in hosiptal or wreck, get hurt and going dying , they need reach and wanna ur date come to hospital but cant reach with ur date, too late for that.. that what i talk abt it.. how do u feeling?

the date can always say something of "excuse me, i recieved a message from (whoever) saying that (relative) is in hospital and needs me to go." that would have been polite cuz i would have said that myself -- but staying ON the pager constantly chat chat chat laughing and whatever is NOT polite -- that is the whole point

I support fly free's comment for two reasons, its rude to be online when u have company and its rude to communicate with poeple when u have a pager buzzing off like crazy. I HAVE ALWAYS checked my messages and if its important i have ALWAYS said excuse me my mother needs to communicate with me but not when im on a date which is considered RUDE and downright stupid... and a lesson for me is this, next time i have any dates... and let them be aware im a CDI and i will need to bring my pager and I WILL SHUT off the AIM and only have EMAILS thats IT!

For family emergencies they can E MAIL me or call and leave a 911 code on my txt message thats what thats there for! otherwise, I WILL NOT and i repeat WILL not be rude on my date unless I m talking TO my date in person giving her a fair warning a person and i that don't get along has walked in and to keep this to a hush. simple....

Fly Free said:
the date can always say something of "excuse me, i recieved a message from (whoever) saying that (relative) is in hospital and needs me to go." that would have been polite cuz i would have said that myself -- but staying ON the pager constantly chat chat chat laughing and whatever is NOT polite -- that is the whole point
ahhhh thats explain i do clear uddy more.. thanks!!!

How abt this if I have a date I mean ON first date. We sat down at restaurant or at Bar or at club to be alone to get know each other. Somehow people show up at our table. My date jump out of the chair and chat chat chat chat and completely forgot abt me on the table. I would smile and nodding. I would tell my date that I have go to bathroom, actually not bathroom, I would leave her there with her friends and the bill.. buh bye!!!

Ahhh...the merits and morales of 'dating' guidelines of pros and cons for the first date...and not getting another chance with the same date later...the common sense and courtesy does prevail valiantly if one is to 'whoo' or to impress the other significant one out of being greatly considerate, thoughtful and respectful! Ignorance leads out in the back door with no remote chance later....Being one true self will reflect greatly on the outcome of the first date of whether it will lead to a second, third, etc. or not....

Fly Free said:
no it isnt Sequois -- but i will walk out on the date and leave the bill for the date to foot that would also include the tip even if it has been agreed we pay dutch (50/50) :D

A person has the right to accessorize whatever s/he want to. You see, you have to be clever before you go onto a date. When you agree to a date, did you ever tell the person to not bring a pager/cell phone?

That is what you call date with conditions being agreed to. If you don't include the cell phone/pager as in being a no-no in the date, then you're at a fault.

Think about it. Everybody has a different viewpoint of manners, and that is a fact.

Some don't think it's rude, some does. Like I said, you gotta make conditions and agreements prior to the dates. Otherwise, you gotta deal with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Banjo -- i have my own set mannerisms that would have been respectable -- i sure as hell WOULD walk out if the date kept chattering on the cell phone/pager constantly laughing on whatever is said on the cell/text and not being very polite in the first place and i would not apologize for walking out and never go out on a 2nd date with her

each person have their own idealisms and set "rules" for the dating scene and how they would prefer to handle various possible behaviors by their dates

Fly Free said:
Banjo -- i have my own set mannerisms that would have been respectable -- i sure as hell WOULD walk out if the date kept chattering on the cell phone/pager constantly laughing on whatever is said on the cell/text and not being very polite in the first place and i would not apologize for walking out and never go out on a 2nd date with her

each person have their own idealisms and set "rules" for the dating scene and how they would prefer to handle various possible behaviors by their dates

That's your problem. You didn't agree to any conditions prior to the date. If you don't make conditions, you deal with the consequences because you already agreed to the date without any specific conditions.

That's what I said about people having their own viewpoints of what defines good manner and what doesn't. You are showing a bad manner by forcing your date to pay the bill when you had agreed to pay half of it.

It's like a contract, you break the contract, you face the consequences. Just because you didn't make any specific conditions doesn't justify the action of walking out on the date. You are to blame yourself, period.

Like it or not.

Banjo said:
That's your problem. You didn't agree to any conditions prior to the date. If you don't make conditions, you deal with the consequences because you already agreed to the date without any specific conditions.

That's what I said about people having their own viewpoints of what defines good manner and what doesn't. You are showing a bad manner by forcing your date to pay the bill when you had agreed to pay half of it.

It's like a contract, you break the contract, you face the consequences. Just because you didn't make any specific conditions doesn't justify the action of walking out on the date. You are to blame yourself, period.

Like it or not.
yea i agree with u.... u got point right!!! :mrgreen:

Back