Deaf Women: What's Up With Them and Men?

i thought it was funny what some of you talk about your future partner who you are looking that is like father replacement?

My father was mean as he used to yell at us and controlled my mom with money etc. Yet when I was with my ex bf he was lot like my father. I left him as he cheated on me. i didnt want to stay in the relationship with him.

I thought it was weird when dixie said something about the your partner being lot like your father? i refused to stay in a relationship with someone who is like my father. Forget it. he was gay and does that make me a lesbian? I think not! LOL..

There is some truth to it but it doesnt apply to everyone. My hubby is so much like my father..goofy, likes to drink beer, very outgoing and loves work on the house.

My best friend's hubby is so much like her dad....uncommunicative, rigid, old-fashioned, and very set in his ways.

There is some truth to it but it doesnt apply to everyone. My hubby is so much like my father..goofy, likes to drink beer, very outgoing and loves work on the house.

My best friend's hubby is so much like her dad....uncommunicative, rigid, old-fashioned, and very set in his ways.

yeah it is interesting..

thinking of my soon to be ex hubby.. he is almost like my dad controlling and uncommunicate and cold to me all times but he was loving, communicate with me and everything at first in beginning till after within 2 months he changed? . my dad was friendly and lovable to me letting me hug him from times to times.. i was young so not sure? he died when i was 14.. hmm.. oh well..

The old saying seems to hold true too often:

“A woman chooses a man she hopes to change, and he doesn’t; a man chooses a woman he hopes will never change, and she does.”
I definitely agree with you!

I wish women would just be themselves and not try to change so that they can impress me. First, they act as if it's normal for them and that's the way they are... then when they change back to what they were before... they use it against me saying that they changed for me and that I should change for them. :roll:

I wish women would just be themselves and not try to change so that they can impress me. First, they act as if it's normal for them and that's the way they are... then when they change back to what they were before... they use it against me saying that they changed for me and that I should change for them. :roll:

If that's the case, then you know this one isn't for you. However, I agree - Both women and men shouldn't change theirselves for someone else. It's ironic how the blame game is played in a sense.

That's a big mistake anyone can make when it comes to relationships. Changing oneself for another person usually backfires.

Probably different reasons. It is in the mainstream, too. I am a little baffled by it. Ugly with beautiful....rich with poor.....clean with druggies.....short with tall....skinny with fat....wierdos with normal....they all hook up so easily. Think maybe too quickly is the problem. Some people just don't like to be without a gf/bf and hook up at first chance. Some even have low self-esteem if they don't have a gf/bf. I see this more with women....like they judge themselves as inadequate if they don't have a bf. That is changing now. Maybe this explains some of it. Too quick in choosing.
Then there's the ever famous.....women like 'bad boys'. That is what they liked about them, but they want to change them. Live and learn. A lifetime is a longtime.
I think I'm a catch if someone got to know me....but I have a hard shell to crack. Maybe that's it. lol

That's a big mistake anyone can make when it comes to relationships. Changing oneself for another person usually backfires.
I agree.

I like being myself. I don't see any point in changing myself. If she likes me, then I know she likes me for who I am. If she suddenly expects me to change for her because she lied to me in the first place, then forget it. :(

i agree with you as it is a mistake to try and change someone like my hubby tried to change me. funny he said he love the way i am before we got married.. then after we got married.. he complained that im overweight and told me I MUST LOSE weight! he want me to look beautiful for him etc. i told him you got 2 faces! sheesh.

i agree with you as it is a mistake to try and change someone like my hubby tried to change me. funny he said he love the way i am before we got married.. then after we got married.. he complained that im overweight and told me I MUST LOSE weight! he want me to look beautiful for him etc. i told him you got 2 faces! sheesh.

Men can be "dogs" when they act like they got a two face personality.

PS, guys I don t mean every single men in the world! ha :giggle:

Beachie: I'm single, yes. I choose to be single. Not afraid of relationships. Don't get me wrong; I do go out and socialize, of course. I'm as "normal" as you could find a guy to be. But I've seen enough "deaf drama" to know that I don't want any of it, which means being careful in not dating women who're partial to it or don't know how to avoid it. The smart ones that I wouldn't mind getting together with have either declined interest in me or aren't just interested, but then go on to date or be with other guys that they honestly can do better than. Nothing I can do to "force" them into being with me.

Back