Deaf University

mativu

Reaction score
hi all
Well am a Deaf in Kenya and am interested in pursuing a Masters degree and i was wondering..... are there other universities which can accommodate Deaf students apart from Gallaudet?

Mod's Note:

Thread's moved to proper location... from General Chat to Deaf Education.

California State University Northridge (CSUN) which is near Los Angeles, they do have some deaf students there I believe and Ohlone College in Fremont, California which also have deaf students as well.

RIT/NTID in Rochester, New York

California

-CSUN:California State University, Northridge
-Ohlone College [Fremont, California]

Texas

-ACC: Austin Community College [Austin, Texas]

thats all i know of because of my friends.

University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI)
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI)

These are all good suggestions. May I ask what your field of study is? That should be a deciding factor in your choice, as well. Some universities are better equipped to accommodate disability, and if you can find one that also has an excellent dept. for your field, it is all the better.

Shouldn't be about living the golden life. Mativu indicated he/she was interested in pursuing a Masters, which tells me he/she is very education-oriented.

I'm an RIT alumni and they provide very good disability services, that much I can vouch for.

But after he/she got everything she needs to live in the world. Hence living the golden life. Or Living the American Dream.

Back