Deaf Students That Go to Ivy League Schools

any you know who is the person graduate from "school for the deaf" that went to ivy league?

I was not surprise that some deaf students get vocational rehabilition couneslor when they go ivy league?

I knew 3 percent of deaf students from mssd go ivy league every year.

and one is from indiana school for the deaf, good friend of paulone family, went to harvard few years ago.

and one who went to byu after isd in 2004, she in academic bowl.

and other one is from csdr, went to university of southern california.

of course, one guy is from csdf in class of 2003 who alma mater of stanford after city college in fresno

:laugh2: This thread is absolute classic from TXGolfer's post. :laugh2:

Sorry....I got stuck in the marriage thread.....you would think I would learn... :lol:

Actually I may be needing 2-3 people in the near future (November or December) for organizing fundraisers.

Sorry....I got stuck in the marriage thread.....you would think I would learn... :lol:

Actually I may be needing 2-3 people in the near future (November or December) for organizing fundraisers.

hmmm done that before PM me details I might be able to help some.

You need people to walk? Heck I can do that. Does going from kitchen to bedroom to living room count?

where will it be held?

Several courses here in NTX. I am starting a new business for my friend...she is having trouble finding work after being laid off.

I have LOTS of contacts in Tx-- and one I'm SURE would be glad to help spread the word-- I'll pm ya in a little bit to get some info :)

God Gifted

I know one of my friend who made to the Ivy League and he is deaf. Methinks, God has compensated his deafness by gifting him good academics. God Is Great! :lol:

pshawww, ivy league sucks!!!!!! Harvard don't have any engineering stuff to brag about. xD

yeah, it is tough to get in.

rit wants 3.7 gpa and high act score and good essay.

No, it's not that but I already had Associates degree and was applying for RIT, not NTID which is 2-year college for Associates degree. They had already processed my application and one night they phoned my dad, and they said that the policy rule for deaf student to have the requirement to go to NTID for the first 2 years to pass Math and English then after that, straight to RIT. I was like wtf? That was so discrimination. Why would I need to repeat the whole same courses that I had passed at my community college? Fuk RIT. And I applied for the other University and got accepted in. At least, it saved me a lot of money. Unlike most of my ungraduated RIT friends are still on paying back to the loans after they either LOA or dropped out.

I enrolled at RIT straight out of high school. So do many others. The bit about having to go through 2 years first at NTID is nonsense. I know, I was there.

Back