Deaf Self Defense Website made by a Deaf guy

Heath

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Heath Austin. I am Deaf and made a website for all of you Deaf people to learn self defense. Throughout the website I emphasize Safety is #1. I do not support illegal activity.

Please enjoy....

http://www.freewebs.com/deafselfdefense/

IF you want my opinion about your site, I suggest not to use DEAF because ONE thing it would be good defense lessons FOR EVERYONE not just for deaf and it seem bit silly just to focus on deaf people to learn lessons, IF you want others to learn those lessons. I know you proud of deaf people but IT seem bit silly and how i can say this: not discrimating but in a way when other such as hearing person read it, may feel left out. IF you want everyone to be aware of it, IT IS good for everyone not just deaf.

That my opinion...BUT so far it look good need more improvement on webpage styles though but that a start.

You have a good point there. I will answer your question. You have to realize that many , many times that hearing people try to teach Deaf people how to fight and protect themselves. How is the Deaf person to know this or that will work in a real life self defense confrontation. Hearing people then agrue over the Deaf person on how to best teach the Deaf person only leaving him or her more confused.Too many Deaf people have been hurt or killed trying to defend themselves based on the hearing person's teaching them which never helped them in the first place how ever well meaning or not that they may have been. They become concerned if this is too violent or a dangerous technique and hold back the real stuff that will save their lives and teach only a fraction of the hardcore self defense stuff. The US Army and USMC hand to hand combat manuals show you how to really fight for your life in self defense. There is no confusion and Deaf people know that the US Army and USMC teach the soldiers how to really fight for their lives and pulls no punches about it. I have seen it that more Deaf people are not learning karate or another form of martial arts but learning pure military hand to hand combat and surviving in self defense with no rules on the streets and anything go. Deaf people then are able to go on about their daily lives and less stress and will know what to do in a self defense emergency. I get digusted and very mad when a Deaf person tells me he or she learned this or that and I can see that would clearly get him or her killed in a real self defense confrontation because I have been in them before. That is one of the reasons I put this website together and especially after 9/11 I do not want to see Deaf people being left defenseless in a US Homeland Security red alert situation. These terrorists do not respect or care about Deaf people as shown in their quran book. That is another reason we need to be Army trained and capable of protecting ourselves from these type of very evil people. Hearing people can hear on the news or radio about self defense and they know that US Army and USMC manuals are given to the American general public to learn self defense and leave Deaf people out of it. That is not right or fair to Deaf people. I am not interested in making this a Deaf vs Hearing issue. I am interested in saving Deaf people's lives.Now you understand why it is done to save Deaf people's lives. I emphasize safety is #1 and I also emphasize crime avoidance. I pray and hope Deaf people never have to use what I taught because it really does work. These things are good to know for self defense. Thank you and God Bless!!!!!

I have to applaud you for your determination about self-defense. There are Deaf people practising other methods of self defense that does not require physical contact.

This website will also make you a stronger family man capable of violently defending your family from evil harm. God holds men everywhere to be accountable and to answer to God about protecting and defending innocent lives and the same goes for the women with their kids too as well.

Without sounding sexist, it would seem you have put men on a pedestal. I firmly believe men and women are just as equal.

It is not just physical self defense but instilling and teaching Biblical moral values in your children to enbale them to live good moral lives with a righteous character withstanding all enemy attacks thrown at them. Teaching the children what to do or to not do and ways they can protect themselves to the best that they can. ( For example, saying no to drugs or saying no to strangers as well as teaching them physical self defense like karate school or wrestling etc. )

You are entitled to your beliefs as much as I am to mine. I just feel people need common sense when it comes to teaching good values. Character, I believe people earn them as they grow.

I would love for your feedback into this, thanks! :)

Shiva said:
IF you want my opinion about your site, I suggest not to use DEAF because ONE thing it would be good defense lessons FOR EVERYONE not just for deaf and it seem bit silly just to focus on deaf people to learn lessons, IF you want others to learn those lessons. I know you proud of deaf people but IT seem bit silly and how i can say this: not discrimating but in a way when other such as hearing person read it, may feel left out. IF you want everyone to be aware of it, IT IS good for everyone not just deaf.

That my opinion...BUT so far it look good need more improvement on webpage styles though but that a start.

That what i said in another thread..... more DEEPER. whoa! :)

Thank you .... for what you just posted....I am a firm believer that God created men to protect women and the woman to instill moral values in their children and the men are to lead by example and action. Why change 2,000 years of what God had intended for men and women and the approrpiate role we have in society. That is really not obeying God. I also have no time for politically correct things as you can clearly see. I also said on the Deaf self defense website that Deaf women may have to learn how to defend themselves and protect themselves when Deaf men are not around .... I can't find the quote right now on my website but for sure.... Deaf women do need to be able to protect themselves when they are not in the presence of Deaf men.

for example, God forbid this happens ...

A Deaf guy is at work ....the Deaf woman loads her kids into the family van and goes to the food store to shop and comes back to the van and a homeless man with a cup tries to ask for money and the Deaf woman in a hurry with her kids to go home finds herself confronted by a homeless man asking for change and tries to tell him that she is Deaf. He flips outangry at her. What will her next course of action be?

As for the quote on the karate school....I said on my website that karate can be a good thing for physical fitness and learning patience movements etc. but when it comes to your life you want the hardcore dirty street fighting and military hand to hand combat stuff to protect yourself. Obivously Deaf kids do not need to know that information yet but it prepares them for the way like basic boxing between the Deaf father and son ( I believe you can find the Father and Son Gloves at http://www.everlast.com ) or sending the Deaf kids to karate schools or simply teaching the Deaf kids non-lethal self defense tactics that will really hurt the bad person. You do not want to be responsible for your Deaf kid learning the more dangerous aspects of self defense in the Deaf school yard fist fights that Deaf kids go through like any normal schoolyard fight thoughout the country of USA, of course it is a natural part of growing up and learning how to protect themselves somehow.

That is the purpose of the website to save her life as well as yours as well as your family.

Thank you and God Bless !!!!

Heath said:
Thank you .... for what you just posted....I am a firm believer that God created men to protect women and the woman to instill moral values in their children and the men are to lead by example and action. Why change 2,000 years of what God had intended for men and women and the approrpiate role we have in society. That is really not obeying God. I also have no time for politically correct things as you can clearly see. I also said on the Deaf self defense website that Deaf women may have to learn how to defend themselves and protect themselves when Deaf men are not around .... I can't find the quote right now on my website but for sure.... Deaf women do need to be able to protect themselves when they are not in the presence of Deaf men.

You believed that God created men to protect women but I humbly disagree with your belief because women can just protect themselves just fine without men. There are women that lead independent lifestyles and they can protect themselves without resorting to violence. I humbly disagree with "2,000 years old God's role for men and women" when we have a lot of people leading different lifestyles and they are just fine and dandy about it.

Deaf women do need to be able to protect themselves when they are not in the presence of Deaf men.

I most humbly disagree with this jaded perception when we have so many people being in love with each other, hearing or d/Deaf. Deaf people do not need to be with each other just to be in love. :)

Again, I would love to hear from you. :)

As for the website improvements they will come as money permits. Right now I have the website for free and will need to send in a 1 year subscription then for sure I will have much more options to work on and I really would like to make the website move like a book opening page after page on the web screen. I will have both the old and new website. There will be a link to the old website. Unlike some websites that ask to donate money for website maintenance and keeping the website open.... It will be free and I will try to keep the website for free as much as possible and where to order the books or things to help you with your training at low cost etc. I am not here to make a profit but here to save Deaf people's lives. Thank you and God Bless !!!!!

You got your opinion and I got mine. I am sure at times you will find you are agreeing with me or disargeeing with me. That is fine, the important thing is to learn from each other and open a few eyes to understanding and seeing things from a different p.o.v. ( point of view ).... Like I said, You got your opinion and I got mine. Thanks and God Bless !!!!

Ehi il mostro di Biscotto, penso che lei questo amerà. La destra di un uomo Sordo di difendere la sua famiglia e la sua proprietà non sarà interrogata. Ringraziarla e Dio Benedice!!

Hey Cookie Monster, I hope you can understand .... this is in Italian.

I will post what it says if you do not understand what I said in Italian.

To be fair to anothers .....who do not read Italian.... Here is what I said.

" Hey Cookie monster, I think you will like this one. The right of a Deaf man to defend his family and property shall not be questioned. Thank you and God Bless !!! "

I wanted you to read it in Italian ... but what about the anothers... so I posted what I said. In the future it will be written in Italian and people will have to wait and let the suspense unfold by itself. I hope you enjoyed that. Thanks God Bless !!!!

I guess Cookie Monster did not see this so I am posting this for everyone to be fair ....can't keep people wondering forever....

Heath said:
Hi, My name is Heath Austin. I am Deaf and made a website for all of you Deaf people to learn self defense. Throughout the website I emphasize Safety is #1. I do not support illegal activity.
Please enjoy....
http://www.freewebs.com/deafselfdefense/

Please DO NOT take this very personally. I am not very impressed with your website. It is, in fact, painfully slow loading. At any rate, if someone on the Internet, realize that your website is very slow loading, they will not be willing to sit down and wait until it is being fully loaded. At any rate, best and general rule of 'fast-loading' web page LESS THAN 8 seconds. I use very fast broadband cable modem with wireless access at my residence.

ventiCM said:
Please DO NOT take this very personally. I am not very impressed with your website. It is, in fact, painfully slow loading. At any rate, if someone on the Internet, realize that your website is very slow loading, they will not be willing to sit down and wait until it is being fully loaded. At any rate, best and general rule of 'fast-loading' web page LESS THAN 8 seconds. I use very fast broadband cable modem with wireless access at my residence.
:werd: I am using i2 connection. It's one of the fastest connections in the United States... and still, it takes too long for the webpage to load.

I'm not real impressed. First of all, I'm a disabled woman, but that doesn't mean I'm defenseless. I think it takes more than being physically agile and having brute strength to fight off an attacker. It also takes brains and the ability to THINK your way out of whatever situation you happen to be in. We don't need men for that! Women are just as capable of defending themselves as men are, if given the proper strategies to use.

What about deaf women needing to defend themselves in domestic violence? The husband will not always protect them,.. and even worse yet, you'll find instances of deaf women being abused in relationships... not all men are sensible enough to use their brute strength in a honorable manner. Women must learn to use their own strength, even if it means being smaller.. but they can make up for it in quick wit and speed, dontcha think so? :) Also, some women ARE single... they live by themselves in an apartment or a house. No male bodyguards.

Critique on your website:

1. Takes too long to load (can you divide all info into different pages?)

2. Your brand of philosophy is very different from mine, so I could not relate to your ideals or reality at all. I'm sure you'll get likeminded deaf people interested, though.

Hello Heath Austin,

My name is Malfoyish. You may call me Malfoyish, although I'm sure that once you're finished reading this, you'll have come up with some different choice names. I honestly don't care what you think of me, but I'm going to be blunt with you whether you like it or not.

I have to say that there are some things that you said that I didn't feel were appropriate.

First off - "deaf people." Not for nothin', but this sounds a bit rude. The members of the deaf community can use means of self defense, and this goes for both men AND women, hearing or deaf, black or white, and so on.

Next - are you this much of a sexist (insert pink barnyard animal here)?? Are you honestly saying that deaf women are incapable of defending themselves?

Lastly - are you trying to impress us all with your italian-spouting skills? This is not an italian site, therefore, no one should have to try figuring out what you said. Your post to Cookie Monster was out of line. However, two may play this game. Decipher the following at your own risk, and kindly apply them towards yourself.

Fatti i cazzi tuoi, minchione. Caccati in mano e prenditi a schiaffi! Ficcati un dito in culo!

:locked: Mods, do some of us a favor, eh?

Back